Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Chelsea

Read 403120 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Re: The Official Despise Chelsea Thread
      Reply #1426: Apr 22, 2014 11:02:24 am
      I hope Simeone's men smash that blue sh*te team.
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #1427: Apr 22, 2014 11:02:35 am
      Let them have their second (third?) champions league cup, we've to 5

I'm all for them believing they have a chance of beating Athletico
      second
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1428: Apr 22, 2014 11:07:40 am
      They can't even score two at home to Sunderland for all of 90 minutes. Sums it up for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1429: Apr 22, 2014 11:28:38 am
      just wondering what would be the best result for us 2=0 Athletico ,still gives them hope
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #1430: Apr 22, 2014 12:12:45 pm
      just wondering what would be the best result for us 2=0 Athletico ,still gives them hope

This - but I had 3-1 in mind.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1431: Apr 22, 2014 12:33:58 pm
      I hope they still think they've got a chance in the second leg. The league is nearly gone for them. It would be better if they consider our match to be a minor inconvenience between the European Cup matches. If they are put out of sight by Atletico tonight then I think they will put more effort into Sunday's match as the league would then be their final chance of a trophy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1432: Apr 22, 2014 01:29:31 pm
      Yeah 3-1 would be terrific. Even 1-0.

I do hope he plays Ba against Madrid and "saves" Torres for us.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1433: Apr 22, 2014 02:21:05 pm
      a 0-0 would be good - he's in the driving seat, but still got a lot to do at stamford bridge, and cant afford to be too risky against us

i will take any advantage possible for sunday's game - its win at nearly all costs now..
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1434: Apr 22, 2014 10:47:30 pm
      Cech and Terry likely out of the game at the weekend. Ramires should also get a ban although not heard anything on that. Hazard and Eto'o struggling. Are the stars aligning? Although to be fair I think we'd beat their best team
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1435: Apr 22, 2014 10:57:33 pm
      Ramires should also get a ban although not heard anything on that

If it was Suarez then he'd have already been thrown to the dogs and given a ban that rules him out for the remainder of the season!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1436: Apr 22, 2014 11:14:26 pm

What's with the sleeping bag??!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1437: Apr 22, 2014 11:18:10 pm
      Listening to that knob just now and other murmurings through the season you'd think clubs don't want to be challenging for the title and the CL.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1438: Apr 22, 2014 11:18:56 pm
      If it was Suarez then he'd have already been thrown to the dogs and given a ban that rules him out for the remainder of the season!

Very true. And Ramires has form, but of course all anyone wants to talk about is Mourinho's nonsense, nothing of any substance.

Michael Owen made a great point on twitter tonight. He said something along the lines of 'Terry and Cahill gave had good seasons, but it's made so much easier for them when they play in a side with 2 unadventurous full backs, 2 sitting midfielders and 2 wingers whose first priority is to track back and cover spaces. And he wonders why his strikers aren't doing anything, they're feeding off scraps. Thank god BR seemingly decided to take next to nothing from his 'mentor' Jose as he's the most unimaginative,crass,egotistical moron in football management. The 2 could not be less similar, and thank The Lord
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #1439: Apr 22, 2014 11:59:18 pm
      I hope Maureen uses all his skills, all his wisdom, all his players, to sit and defend against us, when we go 1 up what is he going to do then?

Use all his skills, all his wisdom, all his players and find a way to form some kind of attack? and when they go 2-0 down what then?

Use all his skills, all his wisdom, all his players and his notebook to list the players he has and who to blame?

Clown of a man and a crap manager. I miss moyes...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1440: Apr 23, 2014 12:04:13 am
      Very true. And Ramires has form, but of course all anyone wants to talk about is Mourinho's nonsense, nothing of any substance.

Michael Owen made a great point on twitter tonight. He said something along the lines of 'Terry and Cahill gave had good seasons, but it's made so much easier for them when they play in a side with 2 unadventurous full backs, 2 sitting midfielders and 2 wingers whose first priority is to track back and cover spaces. And he wonders why his strikers aren't doing anything, they're feeding off scraps. Thank god BR seemingly decided to take next to nothing from his 'mentor' Jose as he's the most unimaginative,crass,egotistical moron in football management. The 2 could not be less similar, and thank The Lord

That's a very good point Owen makes and one that cannot be disputed in my opinion.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1441: Apr 23, 2014 12:04:17 am

Two chicks and a blanket? I reckon he faked an injury to go off and have a root.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1442: Apr 23, 2014 10:36:19 am
      Mourinho threatens to play weakened Chelsea team against Liverpool

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-liverpool-abramovich?CMP=twt_gu

• José Mourinho plans protest at being made to play on Sunday
      • Manager to seek Abramovich's consent but could forfeit title

José Mourinho is threatening to rest virtually his entire Chelsea team and potentially hand Liverpool the Premier League title after revealing he will seek permission from Roman Abramovich to pick a deliberately weakened side in protest at being made to play the game on Sunday.

Mourinho's plan is likely to infuriate the Premier League and also has serious ramifications for Manchester City, who are relying on Chelsea to beat Liverpool and throw the title race back open.

However, Mourinho is furious that the game was not switched to Friday or Saturday when Chelsea have the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Atlético Madrid at Stamford Bridge the following Wednesday and is willing to risk sacrificing their slim chance of the title unless Abramovich, the owner, blocks him.

The Chelsea manager was speaking after learning that Petr Cech dislocated a shoulder in the goalless first leg at the Vicente Calderón and that John Terry suffered an ankle injury that is likely to end his season unless they reach the final.

"I can't decide by myself," Mourinho replied when asked how the injuries would influence his team selection at Anfield. "I have to listen to the club. I'm just the manager and I have to listen to the club.

"The fact that the match is on Sunday, I think that puts the problem not in my hands but in the hands of those who decide the game should be Sunday, not Saturday or Friday. We represent English football and are the only [English] team in European competition.

"Spain have four and give them all the conditions to try to have success. So I know what I would do. I would play the players who are not going to play on Wednesday. My priority is the Champions League. But I'm not the club. I have to speak to them."

Chelsea are five points behind Liverpool with three games to play. City, in third spot, are another point behind Chelsea but have a game in hand and could potentially win the league on goal difference if Liverpool lose this weekend and Manuel Pellegrini's side win all their fixtures. It was put to Mourinho that he should have the final say rather than anyone else at Stamford Bridge. "I'm not the most important person in the club," he said. "Roman and the board … everybody is above me. I work for them and have to follow what my club decides. I'm just a piece. I'm the manager, no more than that."

Cech was taken off after a heavy fall 18 minutes into a game of few opportunities and Terry was injured in the second half. "Petr Cech's season is over," Mourinho said. "And for John, we have to play in the final for him to play again."

Chelsea's problems before the second leg are also exacerbated by the fact that Frank Lampard and Mikel John Obi were booked and are now suspended for the second leg. "We had problems before the game and during the game," Mourinho continued. "We lost four players – two with injuries and two with yellow cards – but we will fight.

"If we have to play the kids, we play the kids. But Branislav Ivanovic is back. Mark Schwarzer [Cech's replacement] showed we can trust him. People such as Ashley Cole, with an amazing performance, giving an example. Before the game we were speaking about the game of their lives for Atlético Madrid. Now the game of their lives is at Stamford Bridge."

Mind Games from Maureen.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1443: Apr 23, 2014 11:16:53 am
      It's not even mind games from Maureen, more like getting his excuses in for finishing with fuckall come season end.

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1444: Apr 23, 2014 12:32:06 pm

JC made exactly the same point on Monday night when he picked Marshall as his goalkeeper of the season rather than Cech who Neville picked. Playing behind effectively an 8 man defence is going to make any keepers life easy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1445: Apr 23, 2014 12:54:54 pm
      Mourinho threatens to play weakened Chelsea team against Liverpool

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-liverpool-abramovich?CMP=twt_gu

• José Mourinho plans protest at being made to play on Sunday
      • Manager to seek Abramovich's consent but could forfeit title

José Mourinho is threatening to rest virtually his entire Chelsea team and potentially hand Liverpool the Premier League title after revealing he will seek permission from Roman Abramovich to pick a deliberately weakened side in protest at being made to play the game on Sunday.

Mourinho's plan is likely to infuriate the Premier League and also has serious ramifications for Manchester City, who are relying on Chelsea to beat Liverpool and throw the title race back open.

However, Mourinho is furious that the game was not switched to Friday or Saturday when Chelsea have the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Atlético Madrid at Stamford Bridge the following Wednesday and is willing to risk sacrificing their slim chance of the title unless Abramovich, the owner, blocks him.

The Chelsea manager was speaking after learning that Petr Cech dislocated a shoulder in the goalless first leg at the Vicente Calderón and that John Terry suffered an ankle injury that is likely to end his season unless they reach the final.

"I can't decide by myself," Mourinho replied when asked how the injuries would influence his team selection at Anfield. "I have to listen to the club. I'm just the manager and I have to listen to the club.

"The fact that the match is on Sunday, I think that puts the problem not in my hands but in the hands of those who decide the game should be Sunday, not Saturday or Friday. We represent English football and are the only [English] team in European competition.

"Spain have four and give them all the conditions to try to have success. So I know what I would do. I would play the players who are not going to play on Wednesday. My priority is the Champions League. But I'm not the club. I have to speak to them."

Chelsea are five points behind Liverpool with three games to play. City, in third spot, are another point behind Chelsea but have a game in hand and could potentially win the league on goal difference if Liverpool lose this weekend and Manuel Pellegrini's side win all their fixtures. It was put to Mourinho that he should have the final say rather than anyone else at Stamford Bridge. "I'm not the most important person in the club," he said. "Roman and the board … everybody is above me. I work for them and have to follow what my club decides. I'm just a piece. I'm the manager, no more than that."

Cech was taken off after a heavy fall 18 minutes into a game of few opportunities and Terry was injured in the second half. "Petr Cech's season is over," Mourinho said. "And for John, we have to play in the final for him to play again."

Chelsea's problems before the second leg are also exacerbated by the fact that Frank Lampard and Mikel John Obi were booked and are now suspended for the second leg. "We had problems before the game and during the game," Mourinho continued. "We lost four players – two with injuries and two with yellow cards – but we will fight.

"If we have to play the kids, we play the kids. But Branislav Ivanovic is back. Mark Schwarzer [Cech's replacement] showed we can trust him. People such as Ashley Cole, with an amazing performance, giving an example. Before the game we were speaking about the game of their lives for Atlético Madrid. Now the game of their lives is at Stamford Bridge."

Mind Games from Maureen.
      It's not like we're going to change the game to a Saturday or field a weaker squad no matter how much he moans. We'll use our best on Sunday no matter what team chelsea pick. It's garenteed to be weakened because of chech, terry, ramirez. .. etc so he's just admitting he's got a depleted squad in an arsey way and using it as an attempt to blackmail the premier league so he can try and derail us. If FA buckle and don't ban ramirez ill be pissed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1446: Apr 23, 2014 01:18:53 pm
      As each week goes by the whole club descends further into the mire.Can't wait for Sunday and whatever team he puts outs nothing will detract from our onslaught against them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1447: Apr 23, 2014 02:07:57 pm
      So any news on whether Ramires and that assclown of an assistant will get fined or banned?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #1448: Apr 23, 2014 02:10:59 pm
      Hahaha the FA are scrutinising the carry on out of the dirty basterd Ramirez, the coach who attacked the official and Mourinho for his comments in the Sunderland game.

Quick Reply