Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Arsenal vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 12660 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,837 posts | 477 
      Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #115: Apr 05, 2008 02:38:36 pm
      Love to get a winner in the last minute here
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #116: Apr 05, 2008 02:39:46 pm
      Final whistle 1 - 1. good game.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #117: Apr 05, 2008 02:40:47 pm
      Great game, IMHO, Could have won it, if Voronin would have tied on his shooting boots. Hopefully he is gone in the summer.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #118: Apr 05, 2008 02:42:36 pm
      Liverpool players played well today. The lad Plessis, played well. A good second team that put Arsenal to the test and made them work.

Voronin missed three clear chances. The last miss was astonishing!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #119: Apr 05, 2008 02:45:04 pm
      good performance for us today, crouchy played well, roll on tuesday cannot wait!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #120: Apr 05, 2008 02:45:22 pm
      Andriy Voronin played like a shot duck. Disgraceful.

Plessis was outstanding in a debut match. Lucas though i worry over now.

Great game and hopefully we can play just like that against the Arse on Wednesday but more clinical finishing.

MOM - Peter Crouch and Jamie Carragher.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #121: Apr 05, 2008 02:47:03 pm
      Not a bad result, if fact in my gut I felt we would get stuffed, but as usual wrong, just hope we can finish them off on Tuesday.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #122: Apr 05, 2008 02:47:39 pm
      Suprised and very happy with the lad Plessis.. Never looked rushed on the ball and always found time in frantic parts of the game.. Pleasantly impressed!!

I think i left a little "jobby" in ones underwear towards the end but we defended well.. Very poor goal to conceed but overall happy with the result..

Crouchy.. Well what can i say? Well in lad!!!!!!!

;D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #123: Apr 05, 2008 02:50:16 pm
      I just think we should use Betner as a striker not as a sweeper, very poor own goal.  What was he thinking  ;D
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #124: Apr 05, 2008 02:52:36 pm
      I just think we should use Betner as a striker not as a sweeper, very poor own goal.  What was he thinking  ;D

What does that mean?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #125: Apr 05, 2008 02:52:48 pm
      I think it's the reason why none like Andriy Voronin, he's a piss poor player!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #126: Apr 05, 2008 02:53:29 pm
      decent result against the arse, if we had a decent back up striker instead of voronin, we could've pinched it.  i know voronin has been injured (thank god!) but he couldn't score in a whore house with a fistfull of dollars.

plessis was a brilliant plus for me.  what a debut, definetley didn't look out of place.  i've watched him in the reserves and while i've been impressed i thought he might have been a bit light, but he was tremendous.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #127: Apr 05, 2008 02:53:33 pm
      Great game imo dissapointed to lose the lead but im more than happy with a draw today. Peter crouch once again showing why he is good enough to be a red, fantastic goal. Well done to Plessis great debut if you ask me good little player there and a great illustration that our youngsters can do well in the first team.

Must say well done to Rafa today superb tactics we played very well and if that doesnt shut up the pundits, other fans andddd newspapers who claim we are rubbish without torres and gerrard playing then nothing will. 

I feel very sorry for voronin having missed those two chances late on he has just come back from injury but i think he should have buried the first, the second i will partly praise him for the superb run he made to create the chance but he should have done better. Looking on the bright side very promising to see us play so well and able to rest quite a few players.

Another goal conceded from a set piece but to be fair that delivery was perfect all bendtner had to do was touch it so i dont think the defence was at fault. The players looked like they really really wanted it today and i am proud of the whole team for that performance. Now i want to see us take the game to them at anfield and go through.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #128: Apr 05, 2008 02:53:47 pm
      Excellent. To be honest, this 2nd XI played better and kept Arsenal off their game much more efficiently than in midweek. I think it may have been because most of those lads realised they had such little to lose, and could just go out and play. Which is exactly what we did, and the first half we bossed them all around and thoroughly deserved the goal. Second half they were better, but that was always going to happen considering Arsenal needed to get points so badly, so they were going to come at us. At the same time, that opened up opportunities for us at the other end on the break, and had Voronin had a little composure he could have slotted his chance, and pulled one back for an easy Torres tap in.

I thought Plessis was excellent, and but for a few nervy passes, he was solid, made very few mistakes, and was in hard on all the Arsenal players. I can't remember them breaking one of his tackles, and he was all over the pitch. Great debut lad, and well done.

Crouch was excellent also, but I think a mention has to go to the players that got forward supporting him. Lucas, Riise, Yossi and Pennant all strained to get in positions for his knockdowns, and it really paid off with the goal, as Crouchie got the knockdown, Benayoun kept it alive, and the big man did the rest.

A bit nervy at the back at times, but when you have a team like Arsenal coming at you, you're always going to be under pressure at the back. Saying that, Carra was never caught out and he was strong in the challenge. Never let a player get around him to use their pace, and that was especially evident when Walcott tried to take him on.

Lucas was okay, he made some okay passes and was generally busy in the middle. Just a mediocre game, nothing special. I thought our worst player was Voronin when he came on. I had such hopes for this guy after his good pre-season, but he's just not up to playing in a top top Premiership team. He lacks composure, doesn't work hard enough to justify a place over Kuyt and he's clumsy. Not good enough I think.

As for the goal, it really makes me nervous for the game at Anfield. I hold my breath whenever we concede set pieces that they can cross from now, because combining Reina's somewhat dubious decision making for crosses with the aerial power of some of Arsenal's players is a recipe for disaster. Let's hope we can sort it out in some training sessions between now and Tuesday.

Anyway, overall an excellent result considering our starting lineup, and it sets us up nicely for the next CL leg at Anfield. Both sides could have won it, but 1-1 against Arsenal at Emirates is not a result to be scorned. Well done lads.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #129: Apr 05, 2008 02:54:25 pm
      Just three words from me:  Voronin is sh*t.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #130: Apr 05, 2008 02:56:54 pm
      ;D come on people get off his back the first chance was easier to score but you can atleast see what his idea was, he has just come back from injury so he was bound to be a bit rusty, he will be leaving in the summer and wont get much playing time before then so lets not give him too much stick he is still a liverpool player as bad as he is.
      hijjawi
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts | 26 
      Reply #131: Apr 05, 2008 02:59:44 pm

Arsenal ( 3rd , 70 pts ) vs Liverpool ( 4th , 62 pts )
      Barclays Premier League , Match Day 33
      Saturday April 5, 2008 , 11:45  GMT
      Emirates Stadium

Pre Match Report : Arsene Wenger & Rafa Benitez talking about the match
      Click Here for Video

Goals

First goal for Liverpool by Crouch 42
      Click Here for Video

Bendtner Draws for Arsenal ( 1 - 1) 55
      Click Here for Video

Extras

Wonderful Shot by Crouch saved by Almunia 2  
      Click Here for Video 

A Shot over the goal by Riise after great pass of Crouch 17
      Click Here for Video

A shot by Benayoun left to goal 32
      Click Here for Video

Fabregas Shoot (Min 33)
      Click Here for Video

Bendtner Chance (Min 35)
      Click Here for Video

First Half Highlights : Arsenal 0 - 1 Liverpool
      Click Here for Video

Blasiss Moves and Shots in first half
      Click Here for Video

What a missed header by Toure left to goal 51
      Click Here for Video

Nice shot by Flamini saved by Reina 69
      Click Here for Video

Nice Rabona by Adebayor 71
      Click Here for Video

Two Strange Missed Chances by Voronin 79 & 82
      Click Here for Video

Carragher vs Arsenal
      Click Here for Video

solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #132: Apr 05, 2008 03:03:04 pm

Just when I thought his heart was in Anfield, he blundered and headed that 'own goal'.  :f_doh:  :lmao:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #133: Apr 05, 2008 03:14:10 pm
      Has this been noted on this thread yet but why on Wedensday we wore black and today we wore white? I know its a petty thing to discuss but surely there must be a reason? Our black kit isn't our European kit, just the 3rd kit...
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #134: Apr 05, 2008 03:15:11 pm
      the black kit is the european away kit
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #135: Apr 05, 2008 03:16:00 pm
      the black kit is the european away kit

I'm sure it's just a 3rd away kit... however I'll search it up!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #136: Apr 05, 2008 03:16:41 pm
      Has this been noted on this thread yet but why on Wedensday we wore black and today we wore white? I know its a petty thing to discuss but surely there must be a reason? Our black kit isn't our European kit, just the 3rd kit...

And whats the 3rd kit called ?

European away kit.

Thats the only reason i think, otherwise would have been the white kit for both games. It is the european away kit though hence us using it against marseille earlier in the season. We only use it in the prem if we cant use the other kits i.e. sunderland away when we won 2-0 momo and voronin scoring.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #137: Apr 05, 2008 03:18:05 pm
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2013 03:57:09 pm by JD »

Quick Reply