Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Outgoing Players

Read 10437 times
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Re: Outgoing Players
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2008 11:47:31 am
      Its gonna be a crying shame when Crouch leaves but you cant blame the man. He deserves to be getting his game.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2008 06:29:28 pm
      I'd be happy to see Pennant 'sold'. It speaks volumes when we've got a striker holding the fought on the right. I only think he has a good game against opposition that Liverpool Football Club should be casting aside easily. And that's not good enough.

Kuyt wont be dropped it has nothing to do with pennants current form to be honest. If kuyt was left footed im sure he would be playing left mid,no matter what at the moment he will be in the side.

Rafa likes hard workers its plain to see. It doesnt matter how badly kuyt plays he is in the league of torres stevie masch carra and reina in rafas eyes now, he will not be dropped even if he misses 10 chances in one game. How do you compete against that. I think pennant is now 1 of 4 players knockin on the exit door and will be sad to see him leave no matter who we get to replace him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Apr 09, 2008 06:38:29 pm
      Kuyt wont be sold for 2 reasons:

1. Who, realistically will want to buy him

2. He is a damn good asset to the team and has just as much right to play as anyone else, even if others take the plaudits i think Kuyt was vital in the 2 champions league matches.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2008 01:57:34 am

2. He is a damn good asset to the team and has just as much right to play as anyone else, even if others take the plaudits I think Kuyt was vital in the 2 champions league matches.

There you go then. no-one can really slate kuyt and say it says alot about him that kuyt is playing his position and he isnt playing, thats the place rafa wants him so how do people expect pennant to win and get in the team. It says nothing about his quality to be honest just that kuyt is higher rated in rafas books.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2008 09:54:56 am

I don't think Dirk will go in the summer but if Rafa did decide to sell there would be a lot of clubs looking to secure his signature.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2008 10:22:18 am
      Listen up everybody to move Kewell on to a pub side we are talking "dowry" here, and a considerably one at that!
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2008 12:32:27 am
      Kewell's gone for sure.
      I'd hope Riise is sold, and a new RB is brought in...so our fullbacks look something like Insua/Aurelio/Arbeloa on the left and Arbeloa/Finnan/new fullback on the right.
      Sell Voronin and promote Nemeth to the first squad. When we play our 4-2-3-1, Crouch will be the main backup, but we also play a bit of 4-2-1-3, and I think Nemeth could play in one of the wider strikers with Crouch leading the line. (In the same way that Torres did against Arsenal when Crouch was the center forward)
      Say bye to Carson; itandje is a very able deputy.
      Say goodbye to Pennant too...he's too redundant in the system we favour now...needs to be replaced with someone more willing to get into the box.

I'd keep the others especially Kuyt...and I'd buy the aforementioned right back and someone who can play across the '3' effectively...
      MELLI70
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2008 12:03:47 pm
      I'll be glad to see kewell go (been a waste of money and space), cant see anyboby wanting to buy him though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2008 02:48:57 pm
      I'll be glad to see kewell go (been a waste of money and space), cant see anyboby wanting to buy him though.

EVERYONE - KEWELL IS OUT OF CONTRACT IN THE SUMMER! NO PROFITS MADE IF WE DO NOT RENEW HIS CONTRACT. WE GET ZILCH, ZERO, NADA!

PS: sorry for the caps ;)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2008 08:14:10 pm
      EVERYONE - KEWELL IS OUT OF CONTRACT IN THE SUMMER! NO PROFITS MADE IF WE DO NOT RENEW HIS CONTRACT. WE GET ZILCH, ZERO, NADA!

It's probably best if we just let him go for free now. Get him off that wage bill.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2008 11:14:32 pm

Probably needed caps for this mate. The amount of people on here who seem to think we will get money for Kewell is unreal!!
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2008 10:02:55 am
      A tad optimistic ;D as stated in a previoud post he will go for free in the summer so who on earth would pay 6M for some injury crocked has been that they could have for free very soon!
      OK maybe I was being a tad optimistic :P but I still think that 6million for kewell is realistic... maybe not 11 :S
      DannyJJ
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 20, 2008 12:34:07 pm

4. Kewell, Juve recently said they are interested and i think we can make money off him >>>>> 6-11million

theres noway whatsoever that we would get 11mil for kewell hes wayy past his best now, i think we would be lucky to get 5mil out of him
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36: Apr 20, 2008 01:39:05 pm
      theres noway whatsoever that we would get 11mil for kewell hes wayy past his best now, I think we would be lucky to get 5mil out of him

I have already retracted that statement :P i now think that nothing is the most likly option for "arry"
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #37: Apr 20, 2008 03:20:48 pm
      theres noway whatsoever that we would get 11mil for kewell hes wayy past his best now, I think we would be lucky to get 5mil out of him

Eddie, can you please ban one of these members!!!

Harry Kewell is F***ing out of contract :D
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2008 02:28:02 am
      Harry Kewell is F***ing out of contract :D

;D
      He's also out of talent since.......oh about 2003 !! ;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2008 04:37:34 am
      Ok so are we getting money for Kewell or what?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Agree that he should just piss off allready A-league awaits.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2008 06:26:40 am
      Voronim........ In a word  "awful"

Lucas.........  A poorer version of Harry Kewell   Big mistake made here and he should go

Risse   ..........  Supposed to have a lethal left foot but the only ones in danger of it are sitting in row    zzzzz

Kuyt...........  Great cardio vascular system  but no passing or shooting skills   Encourage him to take up athletics, perhaps become a marathon runner instead

Benayoum........... One trick pony, does something good once in a blue moon and then becomes invisible.

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2008 07:34:23 am
      Harry Kewell still has a lot to offer. He has only made 15 appearances this year in all competitions, often as a sub, and had not fully recovered from injury.I know this is a big "if"  but if Harry stays fit, he could still be one of the most devastating left side wide players in the country. The way he can slip around defenders and feed the ball into the path of Torres would add another dimension to Liverpool next season. He is still only 30, which is not too old when you consider his countryman Viduka is still a force at age 33. Remember, class never goes away, and the thing that separates Liverpool from its main rivals is only a lack of two or three more class players.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2008 08:23:09 am

Lucas.........  A poorer version of Harry Kewell   Big mistake made here and he should go

Risse   ..........  Supposed to have a lethal left foot but the only ones in danger of it are sitting in row    zzzzz

Kuyt...........  Great cardio vascular system  but no passing or shooting skills   Encourage him to take up athletics, perhaps become a marathon runner instead

Benayoum........... One trick pony, does something good once in a blue moon and then becomes invisible.

Someone please tell me i did not read that Lucas is a "poor version of Harry Kewell". For starters we bought Lucas at a younger age and also he plays in a different position and finally the kid stays injury free! And this kid is one for the future, at the time Kewell was bought he was supposed to be an already established player but all he got established with was the physio.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2008 10:13:58 am

I would agree on Vorinin, but not the others Im afraid. I think you been listening too much to that tw*t on kopshitetalk website Dunc the fat bastad. He knows about as much about football as newborn baby.

Lucas.... Has had some howlers but all in all over all the games he has played he has done very well for his first season, I just get a little concerned as he gets pushed off the ball to easy at times but in the last few games he seems to be holding his own and getting stronger and improving.

Risse... Hasnt been at his best but the last couple of games has done well and been unlucky not to score, needs to imporve though and try and improve work rate and get more involved

Kuyt... Dont make me laugh, has worked his bollox off for the cause and scored some vital goals in champs league, Rafa has made the move for him like Paisley did with Ray Kennady and the fruits of that change are now taking shape.

Benayoum.. The guy scores two hatricks in his first season and your calling him a one trick pony lmao rofl Yossi is a flair player and done well for us when needed.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2008 11:11:40 am by pragmatic »
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2008 10:51:56 am
      I would agree on Vorinin, but not the others Im afraid. I think you been listening too much to that tw*t on kopshitetalk website Dunc the fat bastad. He knows about as much about football as newborn baby.

Lucas.... Has had some howlers but all in all over all the games he has played he has done very well for his first season, I just get a little concerned as he gets pushed off the ball to easy at times but in the last few games he seems to be holding his own and getting stronger and improving.

Risse... Hasnt been at his best but the last couple of games has done well and been unlucky not to score, needs to imporve though and try and improve work rate and get more involved

Kuyt... Dont make me laugh, has worked his bollox off for the cause and scored some vital goals in champs league, Rafa has made the move for him like Paisley did with Ray Kennady and the fruits of that change are not taking shape.

Benayoum.. The guy scores two hatricks in his first season and your calling him a one trick pony lmao rofl Yossi is a flair player and done well for us when needed.

Couldn't have put it better myself!
      Anybody who would countenance us unloading either Benayoun or Kuyt, really do require a psychiatric assessment!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2008 12:49:42 pm
      And Lucas! Not easy for a young Brazilian to settle in with the likes of Gerrard and Masch playing every week while he sits on the bench. Anderson and Nani have settled because they played and played and now we are seeing why they are talented players.

Lucas' time will come, you can tell there is talent there just needs to unleash it when he settles in 100%.

Quick Reply