Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!

Read 8666 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!
      Apr 10, 2008 04:13:59 pm
      BREAKING NEWS ON SKY

Tom Hicks is demanding the resignation of LFC CEO, Rick Parry, with immediate effect.

Probably can't sack him on the spot without Gillett.

When will this madness end for gods sake... for the good sake of Liverpool Football Club.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 04:18:40 pm by donrafael »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2008 04:18:35 pm
      I'll check it out now!
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2008 04:21:01 pm
      it was only a matter of time when he tried to broker the deal with dic hicks must of seen this as going behind his back but he was only trying to fix the problem he'd creating by getting this yanks to buy our club. i hope he stays if only to get dic on board and then resign if he leaves we've had it cause hicks will be able to do anything he wants in the board room. i hate that fat pr**k he wants to drag our club the gutter, we need to all stand in unity now.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2008 04:21:42 pm
      Sky Sports

Hicks calls for Parry exit
      More boardroom turmoil at Anfield

Liverpool's season of boardroom turmoil took another astonishing twist on Thursday when co-owner Tom Hicks asked for the resignation of chief executive Rick Parry.

It is believed that a letter arrived at Anfield on Thursday - just 48 hours after Liverpool's successful passage into the UEFA Champions League semi-finals - demanding Parry's departure.

Parry is currently in London at a Premier League meeting but he has been made aware of the communication and is expected to refuse to quit by return of post.

This shock move from the Dallas-based co-owner is just another twist in the ongoing saga over control of the club, which reached a peak last month when talks between Hicks and Dubai International Capital broke down.

Hicks was in London last week and watched both the Liverpool matches against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

But on Tuesday, Hicks was back in Dallas watching his Texas Rangers baseball team while co-owner George Gillett was shown on TV sitting next to Parry in the Liverpool directors' box during the 4-2 win over Arsenal.

Unstable

And this current development does nothing for the stability of the club ahead of Rafa Benitez's attempts to reach a third European Cup final in four years.

However, with the club ownership split 50-50 between the two Americans, Hicks would not have been able to sanction Parry's dismissal, hence the letter received at Anfield on Thursday.

Hicks was believed to have been enraged by an interview from Parry in which the chief executive pleaded with both co-owners to end the war or words between them and come to an agreement that would allow the club to move forward.

It was Parry who was largely involved in bringing Gillett to the club 18 months ago, with the American bringing in Hicks for added financial muscle to get the deal through.

Broken down

At that point DIC believed they were on the brink of buying former chairman David Moores' majority holding, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute when Moores - now life vice-president and still a board member - changed his mind.

Since then DIC have patiently worked towards a deal to buy out both Americans. It is believed that Gillett has agreed to sell his stake, but refuses to sell those shares to Hicks.

The relationship between Gillett and Hicks has spectacularly broken down, with Parry at times finding himself in the middle trying to run the club effectively on a day-to-day basis.

Now Hicks' camp clearly believe that Parry is siding with Gillett as the uproar rumbles on, which has prompted the request for his resignation.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2008 04:23:23 pm
      I'm not Parry's greatest fan... but this is not the precise best moment to go asking your CEO to resign...at a time when every game from here to May 21st is critical.

He hasn't sacked him because he CAN'T without Gillet.

Does Hicks want to totally ruin this club?

The man is on a deathwish!!!

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2008 04:23:33 pm
      I don't understand the timing of this. Why not wait til the end of the season.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2008 04:26:18 pm
      I don't understand the timing of this. Why not wait til the end of the season.

Because Hicks loves the media attention.

He's spat his dummy out hasn't he.  I think Hicks is absolutely bonkers in the head if he wants to heap more media sh*te on us  :f_steam:
      albertdock
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2008 04:26:46 pm
      Ive just read it, Hick's timing stinks if he want him to go why not wait until the CL is over or won?
      He really does not give a flying F**k about this club, its all about him and his big bollocks.
      I'm beginning to have a lot of sympathy for Gillett because Hick's must be a very difficult man to deal with.
      The expression Maverick springs to mind.
      He really is one prize C**T
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2008 04:27:29 pm
      Does anyone have a clue who the next CEO could be if he resigned.  I accept Rick has been pathetic especially in the last few months but I dare not trust anyone that will be appointed with Hicks consent. 
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 10, 2008 04:30:26 pm
      i agree he seems an impossible man to work with it beggers bellief that this man could actually have a majority share holding in our club he'll ruin us.
      albertdock
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 10, 2008 04:31:13 pm
      Does anyone have a clue who the next CEO could be if he resigned.  I accept Rick has been pathetic especially in the last few months but I dare not trust anyone that will be appointed with Hicks consent. 
      A pound to pinch of sh*t its a member of his family
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #11: Apr 10, 2008 04:32:11 pm
      Same story appearing on BBC! Looks like DIC have had enough of playing the waiting and all according to reports!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7341190.stm

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has called for the resignation of the club's chief executive Rick Parry.

Hicks has written to Parry to ask him to stand down although he has no power to sanction that without the say of co-owner George Gillett.

The American is thought to be unhappy with Parry who he feels is siding with Gillett in the club's power struggle.

The news comes on a day when Dubai International Capital reportedly ended their interest in buying the club.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 04:33:52 pm by redkenny »
      albertdock
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 10, 2008 04:34:11 pm
      Same story appearing on BBC! Looks like DIC have had enough of playing the waiting and all according to reports!!!

If that true we really are up sh*t creak!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2008 04:35:32 pm
      The news comes on a day when Dubai International Capital reportedly ended their interest in buying the club.

Nothing said over that except that DIC have said them idiots have to sort out what is going on first.

Check SSN if you want.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2008 04:35:38 pm

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has called for the resignation of the club's chief executive Rick Parry.

Hicks has written to Parry to ask him to stand down although he has no power to sanction that without the say of co-owner George Gillett.

The American is thought to be unhappy with Parry who he feels is siding with Gillett in the club's power struggle.

That might explain the timing then if DIC are ending their interest. But I very much doubt it.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2008 04:36:01 pm
      My single biggest fear is Rafa at this moment.

Rick is his direct line boss.

Rick is/was/is dealing in contract extensions, new players, etc for next season.

This is becoming impossible for Benitez to work under.

Pure (timing) madness.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2008 04:37:15 pm
      Reckon Rafa's had a word in Hicks' ear donrafael? :f_whistle:
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2008 04:37:29 pm
      jus read that story this is a nightmare day. but it does say they are still interested they jus want to step back and see wat happens between hicks and gillet.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2008 04:38:00 pm
      im not a fan of Parry but im not having this. Hicks is the one ruining the club he should be the one getting the boot. We the fans have told him where to go so what does he think hes doing demanding other people resighn. Knob head we demand you resign

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2008 04:38:15 pm
      This is going to end in court so Im not worrying about it, its another attempt by Hicks to unsettle everything at the club in order to get control. Either the fans collective or DIC are gonna have to pay him off, but I have a funny feeling this could backfire on Hicks and he is now beginning to panic due to the fact that at some point in the very near future the loans for the club are going be forclosed by the bank and force a sale anyway. He doesnt relize the passion involved in football in this country and I think he also doesnt relize the passion of the fans that are behind it.

A petition should be brought up from all fans asking for his resignation not Parrys (although Im not a fan of pube heads) Get that presented to him at his home address and see how that fat f**ker likes that!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2008 04:38:53 pm
      Reckon Rafa's had a word in Hicks' ear donrafael? :f_whistle:

They're suggesting that on SSN Ken.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2008 04:39:01 pm
      DIC have pulled out but the crumb of comfort is that the reports say "for the time being at least".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/04/10/dic-ends-bid-to-buy-liverpool-fc-100252-20747974/

DUBAI International Capital today abandoned its bid to buy Liverpool Football Club - for the time being at least.

DIC chief execuitve Sameer Al Ansari admitted that while the Dubai based consortium would "still love to own" Liverpool and will "continue to be interested" in the club, no deal will possible until current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett sort out their own differences.

"You have two partners who do not see eye to eye. And we decided that we pull out completely. Let them sort out their problems," he said.

DIC was prepared to pay in the region of £510m for the club, thereby allowing Hicks and Gillett to walk away with a profit of around £40m each.

Hicks, though, refused to sell his stake and is currently trying to raise the necessary capital to buy out his co-owner.

But with Gillett privately insistent he will not sell to Hicks at any price there is an impasse which shows no immediate sign of being sorted out.

With this being the case DIC have now decided to walk away, although Al Ansari has not ruled out coming back in with another offer should Hicks and Gillett sort out their differnces.

He added: "We will continue to be interested and would love to own the club but we are not going to put ourselves in a difficult situation where we make the investment but we have no control over the destiny of the club and we cannot influence the success of the club.

"Unfortunately, the terms that have been put on the table do not allow us to do that."
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #22: Apr 10, 2008 04:40:04 pm
      Talk about washing your shitty undies in public!
      What on earth is this man thinking of?

If the headline about DIC dropping their interest is true then we really are truly fu**ed believe me!
      Let's just hope that it is a negotiating tactic?
      What in the name of god must his bankers be thinking?
      Words fail me

Quick Reply