Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!

Read 8664 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2008 04:41:39 pm
      I think its time that Rick stood his ground, because Gillete should give him his backing.  In a extraordinary meeting surely he can't do sh*t without Gillette in this situation.  He needs to be cornered to stop him doing anything he pleases, Rick stay exactly where you are are!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2008 04:43:13 pm
      Reckon Rafa's had a word in Hicks' ear donrafael? :f_whistle:

Yes... "I will concentrate on coaching and training" remember!

Hicks is a Massive Fecking Texan tw*t
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2008 04:44:02 pm
      Talk about washing your shitty undies in public!
      What on earth is this man thinking of?

If the headline about DIC dropping their interest is true then we really are truly fu**ed believe me!
      Let's just hope that it is a negotiating tactic?
      What in the name of god must his bankers be thinking?
      Words fail me

you hit on the head there he's probably be going round the bankers with the promise of selling the club to dic at a profit and thats been the real reason he wants gillets half to maximise his profit.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2008 04:46:20 pm
      They're suggesting that on SSN Ken.

No way, would Rafa do that, absolutely no way... that is disgusting to suggest.

Rafa has an no (only email) relationship with Tom ...remember?

I simply refuse to believe that.

If this continues the only bloke resigning here will be Rafael Benitez (a la Valencia).
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2008 04:48:59 pm
      I think Hick is a power-hungry bully and given the opportunity, he will run the LFC like a favourite past time. There's nothing worse than a one-man riot squad whose ego is too big for him to fit in his "deep pockets".

How does he ask a man to resign on the basis of a request that the partners sort out their differences for the good of the Club?
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2008 04:52:25 pm
      David Moores should issue a statement saying he fu**ed up selling the club to Hick's and backing his accountant Parry to the hilt!!
      I have no time for neither Parry or Moores but I despise Hick's a hundred million times more!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: Apr 10, 2008 04:53:21 pm
      Sentanta Sport News has a Parry quote

"I will remain at the club and will stay totally focused on my role"

This is worse than a bad episode of Eastenders...
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #30: Apr 10, 2008 04:53:47 pm
      Much as I think he's a total pr**k, Rick Parry has to stay in the job for now, bad as he is he would still be better than a Hicks appointed alternative. I'm not holding my breath for him to do it, but Parry has one final chance to redeem himself at least a little. Hicks can't sack him without Gillett's agreement, so he needs to have the cojones to say a big F**k you to Hicks, side with Gillett & work with him at getting this club sold to DIC. Whichever way things pan out he's out of the club anyway, there's no longer anything he can do that will save his job, so he might as well try doing the right thing for once. He'll never be forgiven for selling us down the river in the first place but at least he could walk away with a tiny bit of dignity intact.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #31: Apr 10, 2008 04:55:40 pm
      I really am starting to think that Hicks is a Manc. 

Rick Parry got us in to this mess, no question, but Tom Hicks once again releasing personal letters via the media is making a laughing stock of our club.

The guy will never ever step foot inside our ground.

This is just a complete embarrassment.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Apr 10, 2008 04:59:32 pm
      Much as I think he's a total pr**k, Rick Parry has to stay in the job for now, bad as he is he would still be better than a Hicks appointed alternative. I'm not holding my breath for him to do it, but Parry has one final chance to redeem himself at least a little. Hicks can't sack him without Gillett's agreement, so he needs to have the cojones to say a big F**k you to Hicks, side with Gillett & work with him at getting this club sold to DIC. Whichever way things pan out he's out of the club anyway, there's no longer anything he can do that will save his job, so he might as well try doing the right thing for once. He'll never be forgiven for selling us down the river in the first place but at least he could walk away with a tiny bit of dignity intact.

It's may be difficult (not impossible) for Rick to grow a pair of cojones at his age...but I totally agree with your comments.

The club has become a pawn in a game of money-chess between Hicks, Gillett, Parry and DIC... meanwhile Rafa must be trusted to hold the team's heads, egos, careers and form together... and then you wonder why some of us admire Rafa so much, he has become the only fan-trusted custodian of our beloved club at the moment ffs... jeez.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #33: Apr 10, 2008 05:02:38 pm
      I find it extremely difficult to have any sympathy for Parry,
      My concerns lye firmally with the wellbeing of the club.
      Remember Rick the old adage, If you lay down with dog's you'll get up with flees.
      I sincerely hope that your lack of judgement fourteen months ago is now very apparent to you!
      What an unbridled f***in mess!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #34: Apr 10, 2008 05:08:38 pm
      I get the feeling there is a hell of a lot of macheavelian behaviour going on by all parties - this is all about MONEY MANOUVERING (not Rick's achievements, or lack of as CEO)... and we are all following the soap opera, totally drawn-in by the love of our club like little muppets.

I hate them all, including Parry, but numero uno on my hate-hit-list by a long Texan mile is SeƱor Tom Hicks.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #35: Apr 10, 2008 05:11:31 pm
      Hicks the pr**k! It's all just a f**kin publicity stunt.

I, with the back of all Liverpool fans, demand the resignation, of Tom 'the Pr**k' Hicks.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Apr 10, 2008 05:11:55 pm
      So are we led to believe as it's saying on Sky Sports that it's down to lack of merchandising, lack of Rafa being able to go for key transfers and lack of leadership - all things that most of us would agree that Parry hasn't really been good at in the past?

That being said though, it's of high contradiction on Hick's part when he seems intent on single handidly pulling our club apart at every opportunity, which could easily have effect us on the pitch.

This is another sad day for our club. A big reminder to us all that Hicks needs to be removed from our club. It's essential.

I too hope Parry stands his ground.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #37: Apr 10, 2008 05:24:26 pm
      I find it extremely difficult to have any sympathy for Parry,
      My concerns lye firmally with the wellbeing of the club.
      Remember Rick the old adage, If you lay down with dog's you'll get up with flees.
      I sincerely hope that your lack of judgement fourteen months ago is now very apparent to you!
      What an unbridled f***in mess!!

For me, this is not about Parry, I'm also in agreement with your opinions about him. But I trust him more than both them yanks by a country mile, they have given nothing but kayos and headaches.  This now about making life as hard as possible for Hicks.

A pound to pinch of sh*t its a member of his family

Even though it will be very difficult for that to happen as Gillete will not accept it.  Just the thought makes you vomit and anyway the next person that is elected will have to be agreed by both parties and netheir party's interests are crystal clear.  I strongly believe that this is the time as Eddie has said to redeem himself and put things right.  He should resign when these yanks leave. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Apr 10, 2008 05:25:46 pm
      The more I think of this the more anger I feel. The timing of it is absolutely disgusting. Not only should we still be feeling proud from Tuesday's great result and focusing on a very important game this coming weekend, but this time of year is always a hard one for us reds.

I'm lost for words on how to describe how much I hate Hicks.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #39: Apr 10, 2008 05:44:04 pm
      http://www.eecho.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojqlausnsn

Parry staying put

10/04/2008 - 5:18:01 PM

In a statement issued today, Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry said he would ā€œremain focused on the job of serving Liverpool Football Clubā€.

This follows Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicksā€™ request for him to step down.

ā€œIt is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liverpool Football Club to the best of my abilities at this very important time of our season,ā€ he said.
      ________________________ ________________________

He has defied Hick's orders.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Apr 10, 2008 06:03:35 pm
      Hicks here has proven that he clearly knows nothing about "soccer" or indeed anything to do with the buisness. He is the equivilant to mr "look at me!" the team finally gets some good recognition for a great victory, and people are tlking about how good the TEAM is and how good the MANAGER is, and all of a good old lard lad pops back with another idiotic statement which will only serve purpose to hinder the team. Also by doing this he is clearly contradicting himself as he still claims he wants to own the club, common logic suggets that if he does want to own the club he must have an onze of compassion for liverpool fc, and if he does why can't he do us all a favour and F*CK OFF!
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #41: Apr 10, 2008 06:06:04 pm
      Shocking news. I can't get my head around why he would do this. I have wanted Parry out of this club for a long while now but along with the yanks. Once again by doing it publically he is dragging the most decorated club in Britain's name through the dirt....once again.

Dose anyone think he may have demanded the regisnation of Parry in a desperate plee to gain fans on his side?. He may have looked into the fact that most supporters have a strong dislike for Parry. He is THAT stupid that he may have thought we would comend him for attempting to get Parry out of the club.

A possibility but probly much more likely he is attention seeking and is attempting to satisfy his BIG FAT EGO.

When will all this end ?
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 06:30:25 pm by RedScouseLaz »
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2008 06:16:48 pm
      Dose anyone think he may have demanded the regisnation of Parry in a desperate plee to gain fans on his side?. He may have looked into the fact that most supporters have a strong dislike for Parry. He is THAT stupid that he may have thought we would comend him for attempting to get Parry out of the club.

He cant be that stupid. This is just Hick wielding his staff of office wantonly.

How many people on here think A Hick & Gillett partnership, where they dont see eye to eye but manage to work together, is better than a Hick lone ownership?
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 06:19:49 pm by solodee »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2008 06:22:31 pm
      This does explain a lot of Parry's silence over the months.

As soon as Pubes has come out and said something about the situation being untenable between Gillett and Hicks (only after Gillett went public though!)... this happens...

Shows you Rick would have got sacked for burping, yet alone farting (around the Rafa coaching/training or JĆ¼rgen episodes) until Gillett and Hicks finally/publicly fell out...

This has just been one joke (media stunt) after another after another... the proud name of Liverpool FC is being jerked on by these Yank bas**rds...

WE WILL NOT FORGET.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2008 06:22:47 pm
      I personally think it may be a ploy to show off his power to Gillette.  By fighting him for another CEO of his choice and making a complete media saga out of it.  This guy thinks he really can bully anyone, but knob head your facing a million man army of passionate soldiers, just F**k off.
      REDARMY
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2008 06:32:15 pm
      Tom the grate tosse f-off our greatest football in the world and invest your profit from the sale in US sports and live a good life in US.
      You dont have any love for our club you should NOT ware LIVERPOOL scarf
      You are a disgrace for sports mainly speaking  you are an IDIOT get the hell out of LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
      yanks dont have any love this club f-off

Quick Reply