Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Shocking Result

Read 2843 times
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Aug 19, 2006 02:54:26 pm
      Not the best result we could have hoped for but we lost Carra and Riise early on which was a big blow.

Hope they are back soon.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #1: Aug 19, 2006 03:01:44 pm
      It wasn't a great result.

Early injuries drastically altered our tactics.

Thought Fowler had enough chances in the first half to put us ahead. He just didn't look with it.

I think Fowler will probably be the striker who plays the least games, which is disappointing because I was hopeful after him putting some injuries behind him  :(

Anyway, another point.  Rafa has had a draw in every start of the season so far.  Let's hope we win more than 1 of our first 6 this time around.
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #2: Aug 19, 2006 03:06:59 pm
      Rafa was caught out by bad luck today, he started with a very strange line up Zendon in centre focing Gerrard out on the right, i think he had planned to go to a more natural team in the second half with stevie in the middle but those 2 injuries messed everything up
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #3: Aug 19, 2006 03:35:12 pm
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #4: Aug 19, 2006 03:46:58 pm
      You trying to suggest it wasn't a 'foul'???

;D  ;D
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #5: Aug 19, 2006 04:22:51 pm
      krompkamp has a mare today.capped it off with trying to get an opponent booked by kicking the ball against him. he was off the ball, off the pace and hopefully pretty quickly off to pack his bags.......
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #6: Aug 19, 2006 04:25:32 pm
      not the best result but not the worst either, for sheff utd to be playing at home and packing the midfield out with 5 says alot. we had the chances to finish them off especially robbie. credit to sheff utd i thought they played rather well 1st half and tired in the 2nd which is when we should of capitalised on that but it wasnt to be.
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 70 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #7: Aug 19, 2006 06:16:28 pm
      end of the day,, this shud be our year 2 win the premiership.. and we fail 2 beat a newly promoted side on there 1st game and der tipped 2 finish bottom  :x
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #8: Aug 19, 2006 06:58:13 pm
      it was samis fault  and kromkraps
      lofty 1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #9: Aug 19, 2006 07:36:23 pm
      it's not the end of the world at least we did not lose the match and hope we can win a few more games more than last season

come on you reds+++++++++++++ 8)
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 70 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #10: Aug 19, 2006 09:00:13 pm
      ano but cumon..its sheffield united probli the worst team in the premiership we shud be winnin dem games wiv ease
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #11: Aug 19, 2006 09:37:36 pm
      at the end of the day we dropped two points against a crap team, but they did just try to stop us playing and it worked, we can't afford to drop many more points if we wan't to win the league.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #12: Aug 19, 2006 10:47:07 pm
      most of the crap teams have gained more points against us than our rivals......we shld be making mincemeat of them....instead we dont turn up at the races....cant afford to give man urine and chelshite too much of a head start again this yr.....all excuses have been used up in the past 4 yrs..
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #13: Aug 20, 2006 12:56:43 am
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"
      it was samis fault  and kromkraps

no it was aurelios fault what was he doing for the goal he just let his man go and dont forget everyone last season wigan gave chelsea a hiding on the 1st day ok chavski got very very lucky at the end but on the 1st day these newly promoted teams like to show they have a point to prove and i for 1 think neil warnock is a good manager and out of the 3 that came up i expect them to be the team closet to staying up  if not stay up  so lets not go overboard after 1 game we all know where we r gonna be when it comes to handing out the trophys at the end.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #14: Aug 20, 2006 08:00:57 pm
      i think that game just shows how much we miss Xabi, i'm probably going to get stick for saying this but, i think we need Xabi more than Gerrard cos of the balls he plays they get the players in behind the defence, but gerrard is more influential.
      rEdGiRl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Shocking Result
      Reply #15: Aug 20, 2006 08:52:00 pm
      :?  It's early days but as ya say we should really av games like this in the bag, cumon shef wed?????  :?:

We can't afford to be missin out on points when playing opponents like this. We need to sort it.

Gutted about Riise and carra  :(   lets hope it's 4 no longer than 2 weeks ay.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2006 01:40:35 pm
      Quote from: "rEdGiRl"
      :shef wed?????

Sheffield who?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Shocking Result
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2006 01:50:55 pm
      thought it was a hard game to start with, as sheff utd are quite an aggressive team and with the new players it was always gonna be a bit harder, also with the CL game on tues i would always put that as a priority over the PL (at this stage) just for the money and involvement in it, thought we should have won tho but hey.............  10pts in the first 4 games would be a nice return :)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2006 02:22:41 pm
      Its never easy for us to play against a NEWLY promoted side, yeah I agree our proformance was terrible and we should of played better. Fact is teams like Sheffield Utd are tough oppositions to go against beacause you simply don't know what to expect. West Ham next at home. We should walk away with 3 points if we are up for it.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Shocking Result
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2006 02:48:37 pm
      i think benitez chose the wrong formation from go.... this i think should have been the formation...

bellamy   crouch

aurelio      sissoko   gerrard      pennant

Riise      carragher          Hyypia     kromkamp (no other right back atm)

Reina

Quick Reply