Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Luka Modric [Gone to Spurs]

Read 7084 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Luka Modric
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2008 07:54:29 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vgjE0NfF8

Theres a better video i think, shows some good clips.. mind you i did have to watch it on mute  :laugh:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2008 08:45:37 pm
      Yeah I like the music from that clip, also the good football :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Apr 13, 2008 07:16:23 am
      Croatia's Dynamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric, 22, is hoping for a summer move to Liverpool. (Times)

;D This is good news.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #26: Apr 13, 2008 10:00:45 am
      Some of you people crack me up.  Seen this in the free Metro newspaper and thought 'Who the F**k is this?'.

I come on here and I read ' Will be a good buy? ' and 'Let's sell Alonso and get some good money for him'.

F***ing crackers the lot of you.

I'll paraphrase.

'I dont know who this is, but because I haven't heard of him, he must be bad."

GTFO.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2008 01:51:22 am
      Modric is pure class Iwould love to see him here. A little concerned about his stature for the premier league he is not a big man by any measure but still quality. Koolkidda I am sorry bit why would us discussing a possible transfer be "crackers"? Get your head out of ur ass son, this is an open forum where democratic discussion is encouraged.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #28: Apr 14, 2008 05:06:41 am
      Modric is pure class Iwould love to see him here. A little concerned about his stature for the premier league he is not a big man by any measure but still quality.

Thats my worry too mate. Time in the gym would do him good although some people of small stature know how to cope somehow, hope he can if he signs.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #29: Apr 14, 2008 05:24:45 am
      IMO, he'll be fine.
      I've talked to some Croatian friends who watch the league, and they say that players can get away with nigh murder in the Croatian league without fouling...as well as the Bosnian league, where Modric played previously.
      I think he'd be okay.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2008 01:37:22 pm
      U-Borat mate being from that region myself and a fan of Dinamo the pace and strenght the Croatian league is played at is appaling compared to any of the top 5 leagues. That is why Croatia for a while has struggled to market its players to the top 5 leagues only a handful do slip through each year. The Dinamo team of last season and this season has been an exception. They have sold Eduardo (Arse) Corluka (Man City) Pokrivac (Monaco) and also have Modric and Mandukic too lined up for  big clubs next season.

He does seem to cope well against bigger players in the middle of the park he proved this against England going up against Gerrard, Parker and Lampard in the 2 games. I am a bit scared though of another butcher in the form of Taylor from Birmingham taking his leg off.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2008 05:23:41 am
      ^^Don't forget Kranjcar?

But as I said, I think he'd do well physically in our league.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2008 02:33:17 pm
      Yes dont get me wrong he is class and i would much rather see him then Johnson from Man Ciy if we are adding centre mids.

Also Kranjcar was a product of Dinamo but was sold to Pompey from Hajduk Split.  ;)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #33: Apr 16, 2008 11:14:48 am
      Based on the vid, (yeap, never watched him before) he looks brilliant. But then again videos can make Fernando Morientes looked like he scored 100 goals for Liverpool.

Notice Rafa's latest signings are more flair-oriented players (Torres, Benayoun, Babel). And makes the team only better, so why not Modric.

IF Xabi leaves, we must be compensated with someone as worthy, if not better.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Apr 17, 2008 05:00:46 am
      Has to be better as there is no point in change for the sake of change. Modric is better and hopefully in a red shirt, OUR red shirt ;D
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #35: Apr 22, 2008 01:43:38 am
      Latest reports say that some reporters asked Igor Biscan about his time at Liverpool (in reparte to the Modric rumours), and Igor said that Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world,that everyone plays with their heart when they wear the red shirt,that the fans are the best in the world and that it's a big honor even to be considered as a possible Liverpool player.

Good stuff!!!

Also, the chief executive for Dinamo said that Modric is DEFINITELY moving to England in the summer...Let's see...you can cut Manu out of the equation considering the wealth in midfield they have...chelsea are always a possibility with the wads of cash to throw out...man city have links with dinamo through corluka...so do arsenal through eduardo...

Modric would be, IMO the best signing possible. I had thought him Arse/Chelsea/Barca bound for sure before the latest rumours came up, and boy am I glad they did.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2008 03:36:05 am
      Yes from what I have read so far he is likely to sign for either us or the Spurs. We are the front runners alongside with the Spurs although Arsenal and Man City are in the wings. But knowing the greedy F**k that Mamic is he will take who ever will give him more.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Apr 23, 2008 05:17:31 pm
      Sorry hot of the press apparently the Mamic brothers (scum) also his managers have just returned from Newcastle after "positivie talks" witk Keegan and members of the Newcastle board.

Rafa please dont miss out on this opportunity.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #38: Apr 24, 2008 02:56:30 am
      Highly doubt he'd sign for Newcastle.

But the Bilic guy, the coach, came up with a hilarious quote.

Something like....
      Newcastle are a big team in England behind the big 5, ( Arsenal, Liverpool, Manu, Everton and Mancity)....and not far behind Villa and CHELSEA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #39: Apr 24, 2008 04:42:44 am
      Apparently negotiations with Newcatle have stalled because they could not agree personal terms for the player. If the Mamic mafia are happy with the 12 mill for his transfer I think we should definetly jump at this opportunity with both hands.

To translate Bilic's quote; " Newcastle are a big English club and are not far off from the top 5 (Arsenal Manchester, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton).
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #40: Apr 24, 2008 10:57:57 am
      I just read all the newcastle stuff in the papers, if its true and they get him for 12 million i will be angry beyond belief. He pretty said liverpool come and buy me and if we let him go for that little we are crazy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2008 12:45:00 pm
      TBH though he does sound like a one tournament wonder with all being said about his talent is his Euro qualifying campaign. Also, if he is so crash hot then why Newcastle? Barca, Inter, Arsenal, Tottenham and ourselves are some of the clubs chasing him so Newcastle is his destination? Bit of an anti climax if you ask me.

I honestly thought he was great from the vids but once Newcastle got in the prime position and all his accolades were based on the Euro's i became a bit suspect of him. See how he fairs at the barcodes.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2008 12:49:09 pm
      Where the hell does newcastle get money like that from?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2008 12:50:11 pm
      Why the F**k do Newcastle always target who we are after?

They always fail any way.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2008 01:12:05 pm
      Croucinho let me paint a clearer picture for you. This lad came from  a war torn country as a refugee and managed to push him self in to the top Croatian team through pure talent in a country marred by corruption and dirty politics. Given the way that he was bullied into signing a 9 year contract by the then club president and the piss poor wages he is on now 130,000 euros a YEAR he is more than desperate to leave all that behind. He was also fu**ed around in the January transfer window by his managers they were seconds away from selling him to Chelsea first then Man City. But the greedy managers were not satisfied with the price and he never had any say in this at all.

There was never an official approach from Barcelona Luka actually only stated that his childhood dream was to play for Barcelona and the media made a meal of it. He did state that he was honoured to be linked to a club like us and was more than eager to sign. The barcodes have looked more determined so far and if we lose him we  ny have ourselves to blame.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2008 01:18:55 pm
      Are Newcaslte close to agreeing terms with him? I hope not, this is a player we should not ignore.

If so it doesn't matter too much. I much rather prefare Maxi Rodgriguez anyway.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2008 01:22:56 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »

Quick Reply