Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpool V Blackburn Match Thread

Read 10822 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Liverpool V Blackburn Match Thread
      Reply #184: Apr 13, 2008 11:18:21 pm
      Exactly he had a really decent game in the holding role, was baffled some people were having a go at him earlier.

Its good to see proper analysis of the game, it gives people a better insight as to how players have done in a certain game.

Its very easy to criticise but until you look at it from an unbiased view you cant speak on it properly, some will say he had a bad game without even looking at it properly and some will do the opposite. All players should be looked at with an unbiased view if you want to analyse how well they performed in a game.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #185: Apr 14, 2008 12:06:32 am
      Its good to see proper analysis of the game, it gives people a better insight as to how players have done in a certain game.

That's right mate, it does point out a certain insight, I agree. But it doesn't give you all that went on through the 90 mins when you're actually in the ground watching for yourself. It's manipulated highlights that only last for a minute at the most? And it's what the pundits want you to see to back their own opinion up.

Regarding Alonso today, I've already said that the team in general done very well to dominate the game for the majority of it. My only concern was that he looked a bit sleepy compared to other players. I know and he knew that he is better than that. You only have to analyse his face when he was subbed to see that. But it was no major concern and I don't feel he deserved any bad criticism for his performance today.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #186: Apr 14, 2008 08:34:11 am
      I thought we were struggling till Benayoun came on in the 58th minute,from the moment he came on we went up a couple of notches.The good thing of course was getting the 3 pointswhich was all that mattered. ( By the way I heard that Voronins value has trebled since he scored that goal  so is that 3 times nothing )Once again RAFA was spot on with his substitutions.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #187: Apr 14, 2008 08:39:11 am
      Im sure santa cruz goal never came off his shin. It was a good goal, unfortunately we didnt keep a clean sheet but it was a good goal.

And a heart breaker! I predicted (3 - 0), it ended 3 - 1. Hurt.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #188: Apr 14, 2008 09:05:47 am
      Well I was happy with the result.  We don't have a good record against Blackburn so it was nice to put that to bed despite the ref.

What was the Ref doing.  Apparently you can shove someone in the back and it is not a foul.  Probably because it would have meant a red card.  Bottled it if you ask me.  I thought after the match that maybe in the heat of battle I had misjudged the second half 'penalties' but match of the day confirmed my first opinions.  Where is this new approach to dissent?  Ban Mascherano for a further two games but allow the rest of the teams to protest as much as they like.  No wonder we feel persecuted.

I thought we looked a bit lacklustre in the first half and put this down the post European night syndrome.  Great goal by Gerrard both in execution and build up in the second half and the two added by Torres & Voronin only what we deserved.  Five points clear of Everton, who quite frankly have run out of steam anyway and were lucky to get anything at Birmingham.

Roll on Fulham. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 09:07:57 am by Oldred »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #189: Apr 14, 2008 09:06:22 am
      solodee I feel so good in the pre match Blackburn thread I predicted Kuyt would play and the score would be 3=1.My next prediction or should that be wish is we get rid of Hicks,Gillett ,their sons, Parry And Moores  and get owners who will give us the stability this club deserves,
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #190: Apr 14, 2008 09:56:29 am
      I think it was a good game with four good goals. the first is gerrard's, torres, santa cruz and then the ponytail goal :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #191: Apr 14, 2008 10:13:02 am
      I also thought that Alonso put in a decent display. Always seemed to be able to find Gerrard. Not many passes going astray which was a great  improvement. As for the ref, I know all players try it on but Stevie's first pen appeal was a dive.  Yes there was contact but only because Stevie made sure there was. The ref got that one right if your honest. After that incident, he had decided Stevie wasn't going to get a decision in his favour for the rest of the match. Similar fouls committed by reds players were given , whilst those committed by blackburb players were not given. Especialy if Stevie was involved. The ref became obviously bias after the first Gerrard pen incident and I hope the powers that be, take note, this developed into a personal vendetta by the ref and he should be reprimanded accordingly.  Disgracefull performance.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #192: Apr 14, 2008 10:40:57 am

I predicted the team and 3-0 oh how i wish santa cruz skied that straight over the bar.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #193: Apr 14, 2008 12:37:13 pm
      Just phoned the FA to complain about the Jason Roberts incident yesterday, just got the usual bollocks about how it's down to the referee's discretion, that's the rules & they can't change them blah blah blah.

I wasn't really expecting any better out of them TBH, but thought it was worth calling. If anyone else wants to give them a call the number is 020 7745 4545. Be warned not to say anything is 'bloody ridiculous', they wil class this as swearing at them & hang up on you >:(
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #194: Apr 14, 2008 12:52:35 pm

As for the ref, I know all players try it on but Stevie's first pen appeal was a dive.  Yes there was contact but only because Stevie made sure there was. The ref got that one right if your honest. After that incident, he had decided Stevie wasn't going to get a decision in his favour for the rest of the match. Similar fouls committed by reds players were given , whilst those committed by blackburb players were not given. Especialy if Stevie was involved. The ref became obviously bias after the first Gerrard pen incident and I hope the powers that be, take note, this developed into a personal vendetta by the ref and he should be reprimanded accordingly.  Disgracefull performance.
      i agree with you & you forget that IF skrtel made contact for the foul where he was the last man, it should be a red card not yellow.

Quick Reply