Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Who stays, who goes?

Read 3741 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Who stays, who goes?
      Reply #23: Nov 28, 2010 09:20:52 am
      We can't afford to let all go at the same time in such a short time.

I'd actually let Poulsen, Konchesky, Babel and Jovanovic go. The others should only be let go provided we can get a younger and equal or better replacement.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #24: Nov 28, 2010 10:56:44 am
      Get shot of Poulsen, Konchesky, Jova and Babel.

The kids would be more effective than the lot of them.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #25: Nov 28, 2010 10:59:22 am

This image tells me this guy is staying, he is sending telepathic message!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #26: Nov 28, 2010 02:02:17 pm
      Poulson 31 and a 4 year contract unbelievable, sums up Roy
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 28, 2010 02:33:04 pm
      I'd keep the following in addition to Gerrard and Carragher:

-- Kyrgiakos (I really like the way he plays. Solid at the back, deadly with headers on corners.)
      -- Aurelio (Let's face it: we're very slim at the LB position, and while that's the case, he'll still be around.)
      -- Joe Cole (He's done absolutely nothing all season, but I just feel that he should be given the chance to prove himself.)
      -- Maxi (He's been constantly improving with each and every game this season, and I'd be happy to keep him around.)
      -- Kuyt (He's a True Red in my book, and I just don't want him leaving anytime soon.)

In addition to Konchesky, Jovanovic, and Poulsen, I'd like Babel and Agger to be sold in January once their replacements have been purchased. While I appreciate Agger's contributions to the club, I believe that if he's going to continue to be underutilized by Hodgson, he shouldn't be here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Nov 28, 2010 02:49:31 pm
      I say let all of those who don't have any sale value of over 3m to just leave - which is all of them except Kuyt and Cole (barring Carra and Gerrard who won't be sold).

It's time we stopped buying older players as stop gaps, because we haven't seen them as gaps at all, they've been here to stay and then another experienced player comes in.

Cole is English and helps with the team requirements, and Kuyt is experienced but still has something to offer both on and off the pitch. However, both need to take a step back from first team requirements, along with Carra.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #29: Nov 28, 2010 10:26:02 pm
      gut the squad
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #30: Nov 28, 2010 10:54:16 pm
      yes never realised age of squad add another year on and we are in trouble.yet pacheo still doesnt get a look in. quite frankly not much resale value on half of them unfortunately. doesnt bode well for  next year.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #31: Nov 28, 2010 11:04:45 pm

There's only one person who should go and that's Roy.

Our next manager (unless it's Dalglish as caretaker) should be making the transfer decisions.

There should be a transfer embargo until our new long term manager has been appointed.

Simple.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #32: Nov 29, 2010 01:58:44 pm
      There's only one person who should go and that's Roy.

Our next manager (unless it's Dalglish as caretaker) should be making the transfer decisions.

There should be a transfer embargo until our new long term manager has been appointed.

Simple.

It doesn't always work like that.  JH has certainly asked himself, "Would it be worth the money that would have to be spent to get rid of Roy and bring in a new manager?"  I think he decided "No, it would not," and this is why we now have Damien Comolli.  JH wanted someone to help with the transfers, but he seems to have faith in Roys management abilities.  

ManU, Chelsea, City, Tottenham, and Arsenal all have more talent and depth in their ranks than we do.  We need to hold onto Gerrard, Torres, Reina, Johnson, and Meireles, but several of the others really aren't that good.  We need to make some smart sales in January (3-4 fringe players out) and bring in 2-3 class players (1 of them being world class) to go into the 1st team and take pressure off of Gerrard and Torres.
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 29, 2010 05:17:07 pm
      Definitely keep Sotis, the man is great value and his heading ability is second to none. He's good for four-five goals a season too. The rest are debatable, too many players on big wages and long contracts in my opinion.

RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 30, 2010 03:18:59 am
      Sotis - already in his 30's, signed on a 2 year deal with a possible 12mth extension. 2 year deal for a defender is reasonable and he's imo useful - keep

Konchesky - will be 30 before next season starts, can't remember if he was signed on a 3 or 4 year deal. He was given a 4 yr deal which is ridiculous and he's not up to mark - sell at best offer and asap

Aurelio - 31 when he resigned in the summer on a 2 year deal. 2 yr for him is reasonable. I'm Okay on pay as you play cos he's injury prone. A good sub though

Cole - just turned 29 and signed on a 4 year deal. I'm still giving the benefit of the doubt over his reputation as a good player. Haven't seen anything exceptional but I'll give him 2 seasons to prove my doubts. - keep

Jovanovic - turns 30 before the end of the season.  Not sure on his contract length? Nothing exceptional - Sell

Maxi - turns 30 in January, again not sure on his contract. Keep until we have found our left winger. Then sell at best offer

Kuyt - already turned 30 his contact ends in 2012. Until we find the right winger, keep  until end of contract. Can also serve as squad player until contract runs out

Pouslon - will be 31 in February, signed on a 4 year contract.No brainer - sell at best offer asap

Carra - turns 33 in January and just signed a 2 year extension to his contract. A Legend. Serve as squad player at best until contract runs out

Stevie - will be 31 when next season starts with a further 2 years to run on his contact. A legend too. Keep and review when contract runs out.

Obviously Stevie and Carra are one off's as I don't think they will be sold, so the question with these 2 is what do we do with them?

I would want to let the younger players come into the 1st team and players such as Kuyt and Maxi can be on the bench until we're ready to sell them. There's really no reason why we can't play Kelly, Jonjo and Pacheco more often.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #35: Nov 30, 2010 10:31:37 am
      The Fulham people should go. Plus those who were brought in by RH.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #36: Nov 30, 2010 10:42:04 am
      People seem to have forgotten one man - Babel, get him out to F**k, contributes little or nothing and has a yappy arse streak on him. He has resale value, cash in and bring in someone half decent...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,348 posts | 2871 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: Nov 30, 2010 12:59:58 pm
      Who goes...My big fear Pacheco and agger

Quick Reply