Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Next years European Cup Groups?

Read 3678 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Next years European Cup Groups?
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2008 07:30:18 pm

The seeding almost makes perfect sense IMO. Your suggestions are based on reputation rather than actual performance, Real Madrid, Inter & Bayern haven't featured heavily in the latter stages of the competition over recent years and that is why they're not in the first pot. The only thing I would heavily disagree with is the emphasis placed on UEFA Cup performances, I really don't think Seville deserve a place in the first pot when all their success has come in an inferior competition.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #24: Apr 23, 2008 09:14:11 pm
      I'll go for PSV, Werder Bremen and Celtic.

Would love to play Celtic again, not just for the massive rendition of YNWA but also because my mates a Celtic fan and id love to stuff 'em
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #25: Apr 24, 2008 10:21:20 am
      if we wanna easily make the next round i'd take
      Villarreal - Bremen - Basel

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #26: May 07, 2008 11:26:23 am
      PSV, Panathinaikos, Celtic.
      PSV are weak.
      Panathinaikos, because they've got a long name and it would be funny listening to the commentary.
      Celtic because they're cool.
                                  WIN           DRAW         LOSS          POINTS
      1. Liverpool              4                 2              0                   14
      2. PSV                     2                 2              2                   8
      3. Celtic                   1                 2              3                   5
      4. Panathinaikos         1                2               3                   5

Liverpool beat PSV, Celtic and Panathinaikos twice, drawing with Celtics and PSV.
      PSV beat Panathinaikos and Celtic, draw with Liverpool and Panathinaikos, Lose to Liverpool and Celtic.
      Celtic beat PSV, draw with Liverpool and Panathinaikos, lose to everyone once.
      Panathinaikos beat Celtic, draw with Celtics and PSV, lose to Liverpool twice, and PSV once.

I think that all works out...

if we wanna easily make the next round I'd take
      Villarreal - Bremen - Basel

As if. Bremen aren't that bad, and we need a few decent games to give our boys a challenge.

Quick Reply