Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa's tactics are squad rotation?

Read 1650 times
      FamousLiverbird
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 36 posts |
      Aug 20, 2006 09:47:45 am
      I hope it aint otherwise we will not be consistent enough and the strongest squad will never be played!

Why don't Rafa just get his strongest team to play week in week out like Arsenal, Chelsea & Man Utd do!!!

No Zenden, Kromkamp or Fowler... Sorry but they aint good enough!

Again with Hyypia... as much as i like him he passed it ages ago!

Agger needs to play more often and Rafa can tell Carra NOT to hoof the ball up the field because then we lose possesion!

Zenden, Kromkamp, Fowler & Hyypia should be back up only as Alonso, Finnan, Kuyt & Agger should take their places!

Im dissapointed with Rafa Benitez leaving Gonzalez, Pennant & Crouch on the bench what was he thinking!!!
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2006 11:09:44 am
      The way rafa wants to work it is that he expects no player to be playing 60-65 games a season

When he had his valencia side he could make changes to the team and it not effect the way the team plays this was done right the across the board all the way down to the youth players so when a sub comes on or a young player comes in due in injury or whatever that player would automatically know what to do.

Unfortunately rafa does not have those players just yet also with last season almost covering 12 months including the world cup then i can understand rafa wanting to do this.

We saw it in cardiff where stevie, sami or bellamy didnt start and it didnt really effect anything the only diffrence was that kronkamp didnt play and we had no choice yesterday coz finnan was injured so we obviously need more cover for that area.

Also we need the new signings to quickly adapt to rafas zonal marking it took time at first last season but we still managed 30 clean sheets so it will work eventually and i'm afarid it the changes will occur more frequnetly especially with another long season.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2006 01:42:49 pm
      Liverpaul I really would like to read your post

But,

You need to press that Enter key every now or then.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2006 02:24:33 pm
      happy now
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2006 02:31:46 pm
      Much better  ;)

A good point you raise - but I thought we started the game against Chelsea looking very much 'like a team' considering he dropped many of the big names.

I don't buy much of the 'gelling' together stuff really.

Football is football.  These guys have played it all their lives.

I expect West Ham at home next week to be a better indicator of how far we have progressed over the summer.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2006 03:54:45 pm
      the game didnt go to rafas plan but thats because you dont expect to get 2 injuries so early in the game, i suspect had these injuries not happened we'd have seen a much better performance as rafa could make the changes he wanted at the necessary time
      Brighty 7
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2006 05:32:16 pm
      i think rafas plan was to start wiv a very phisical team and bring pace on l8r on but the two injuries messed it up. But i fink ya bes 11 shud start evry game if der fit.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2006 08:06:46 pm
      i think we can play whatever team as long as there'a a good backbone i.e carragher, alonso, gerrard and crouch/kuyt.

we should be winning games if we have a decent backbone to the side, against sheffield out of them players i stated only 2 started and 1 went off injured.

Quick Reply