Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Reina: Don't stop me now!

Read 960 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reina: Don't stop me now!
      Apr 26, 2008 12:09:05 pm
      Now this is exactly the kind of mentality I expect from every player in our shirt.

Jose Reina:

"I want to play in every game and in every minute of every game – that is all there is to it," said Reina ahead of the visit to Birmingham, which precedes a massively important match against Chelsea a Stamford Bridge next week.

"When you play for a big club like Liverpool you know that it won't always be easy to play all the time but I have been able to play in all of our league games this season and I want that to continue.

"As a player, you always want to play. I know the manager will probably make changes at Birmingham like he did at Fulham last week but I am hoping I will not be one of them.

"I can rest in the summer. Now I just want to play.

"Birmingham are fighting to stay up, so it will be a very important game for them," Reina added.

"But it is also a key game for us because it is our opportunity to guarantee fourth place in the league.

"It will be a different team for us because we have Chelsea coming up again but we know that the players who will be involved will be good enough.

"Whoever plays will be right for the team."

Reina concluded by reflecting on the 1-1 draw at Anfield, which would have been heralded as a massive result for Liverpool were it not for Riise's last-second howler of an own goal.

"It was very disappointing to concede a goal in the way we did because we did not deserve that," he said.

"We played really well on the night and the game was comfortable for us.

"We were the better team than them but at the end what counts is the result and with it being one goal each we are now the underdogs and they are the favourites.

"But there is still 90 minutes to play and we certainly don't think the tie is over."

:scarf:  Big kudos to you Pepe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Reina: Don't stop me now!
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2008 12:12:58 pm
      Isn't he going for the clean sheets record in the prem league for this season today? How many records has he broke? Defo play Pepe week in week out him playing today should have no effect on him for Wednesday
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Reina: Don't stop me now!
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2008 12:35:31 pm
      I'll be hugely dissapointed if he doesn't play today! Keepers shouldn't really be rested, I don't exactly think he's going to be a huge risk!

Is right Pepe lad, if half the squad has a quarter of your dedication then we're laughing! :D

Quick Reply