Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Niko Kranjcar

Read 4729 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Niko Kranjcar
      May 19, 2008 12:46:51 am
      Apparently we are linked to him now in a deal that would see us give Crouch to Pompey plus 7 million.

I got this from the people site I dont know how credible it is as a source.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=rafa-in-pound-15m-plot-to-nick-niko%26method=full%26objectid=20422038%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Rafa in £15m plot to nick Niko
      EXCLUSIVE
      By Scott Piecha
      Liverpool have made a sensational swoop for Portsmouth's £15million-rated Niko Kranjcar.

Manager Rafa Benitez is trying to tie Kranjcar into a deal that has already been agreed for Peter Crouch to move back to the South Coast side this summer from Anfield.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has fixed an £8m fee for Crouch, but Benitez now wants to offer his bean-pole striker plus cash to lure the 23-year-old Croatian away from Fratton Park.

Arsenal have already been linked with a bid for Kranjcar while Redknapp admits it will be hard to keep his star man at the club next season despite the success they have had in the league and the FA Cup triumph.

However, it will be another bit of great business for 'Arry who paid only £3.5 million for him two seasons ago. Portsmouth would want at least £7m in cash plus Crouch for Kranjcar.

Benitez knows he needs to strengthen his squad to challenge in the Premier League next season and sees the talented Kranjcar as the perfect player to bolster his attacking options.

Advertisement

Redknapp has been playing Kranjcar on the left wing, but Benitez plans to switch him onto the right with Ryan Babel staying on the opposite side.

Having fallen well short of the Premier League title and failing to make the final of the Champions League, Benitez is looking to reshuffle his side with bitpart player Jermaine Pennant one of the names set for the exit door.

One player Benitez will not want to see leave is Xabi Alonso who has told friends he's looking to leave Anfield in the summer with Barcelona and Real Madrid waiting to sign the Spanish international.

What do you guys think?

I think he is a fantastic player who we can use on the left as well as in the centre, IMO i would much rather him then Barry anyday.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Re: Niko Kranjcar
      Reply #1: May 19, 2008 01:07:28 am
      Yeah i'd rather Kranjcar then Barry although Barry is more versatile I think Kranjcar is more talented plus hes a fair few years younger aswell.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #2: May 19, 2008 01:57:30 am
      Kranjcars would be a wicked signing as very attacking and already doing well in the prem.
      7 mil and crouch is a bit steep though and i think it should only be a couple and the big man
      Alonso said hes staying so dont really know about the truth in the article though
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: May 19, 2008 02:14:26 am
      What's with the F***ing big money for unproven (at a lower level) players?

Fucks sake.

kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #4: May 19, 2008 02:20:28 am
      What's with the F***ing big money for unproven (at a lower level) players?

Fucks sake.

My thoughts eaxctly, A $15m player PLUS $7m effectively rating the player at $22m? not a fcking chance in hell. Talented yes, worth more than Torres? like sht he is.
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: May 19, 2008 03:03:03 am
      Definetly not worth Toress money but this all depends on the evaluation of Crouch. One manager rates him at 15 the other at nearly half that, I dont think Crouch will end up going for 15 anyway. Although i think he is worth it when you look at some of the rubbish that gets sold for more than 15 mill.

I dont know what he needs to do to be "proven" he is being arguably the best player for Pompey and instrumental in their success this season. He is 23 and it is only hes second season in the premier league. I can not think of a 3.5 mill singing that has done better. Can you perhaps name me one Court??

Surely when you look at what we payed for Lucas nearly double of Kranjcar's fee and the impact that each has made in their second season, one outweights that of the other. Why are we touting that Lucas should be given more time and chances as he is young and then choosing to blindly ignore another player who has played consistently well for the entire season?
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #6: May 19, 2008 03:06:01 am
      I'm over the moon at this news.. I said a few months back that this boy is gonna be a star..! Just watch the Euro's and you'll see.. He's def class and proven in the Prem while playing for Pompey no less.. Imagine how he'll come on in leaps playing for Liverpool FC..

Kranjcars on the left, Bentley on the right... oh yesss ... sweeeeeet! :champ:
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #7: May 19, 2008 03:08:18 am
      Definetly not worth Toress money but this all depends on the evaluation of Crouch. One manager rates him at 15 the other at nearly half that, I dont think Crouch will end up going for 15 anyway. Although I think he is worth it when you look at some of the rubbish that gets sold for more than 15 mill.

I dont know what he needs to do to be "proven" he is being arguably the best player for Pompey and instrumental in their success this season. He is 23 and it is only hes second season in the premier league. I can not think of a 3.5 mill singing that has done better. Can you perhaps name me one Court??

Surely when you look at what we payed for Lucas nearly double of Kranjcar's fee and the impact that each has made in their second season, one outweights that of the other. Why are we touting that Lucas should be given more time and chances as he is young and then choosing to blindly ignore another player who has played consistently well for the entire season?

Exactly!

Very nicely put..
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #8: May 19, 2008 08:23:07 am
      I'd be happy with us buying Kranjcar fantastic player and very underrated. I would want to use him on the left though and get someone like bentley for the right hand side.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #9: May 19, 2008 09:29:14 am
      I'd be happy with us buying Kranjcar fantastic player and very underrated. I would want to use him on the left though and get someone like bentley for the right hand side.

Isn't Kranjcar right footed though? Surely we don't want another winger cutting inside all the time?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #10: May 19, 2008 09:36:32 am
      True i guess but he seems to do well on the left for portsmouth
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: May 19, 2008 09:40:33 am
      Isn't Kranjcar right footed though? Surely we don't want another winger cutting inside all the time?

Too right. We have Ryan for that.

I think the deal is fair enough, Crouchy sits on the bench over half the time and if we swap him plus abit of money for Kranjcar then i'd be stoked. Awesome player he is. 8 million plus Crouch may seem over the top but just because he plays for Pompey does not mean he isnt worth it. These are the players i want to see being linked with!
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #12: May 19, 2008 12:11:25 pm
      That still rates Kranjcar at about £16mil. Personally a straight swap would be a fair deal but thats coming from my own very biased eyes haha
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #13: May 19, 2008 12:21:55 pm
      That still rates Kranjcar at about £16mil. Personally a straight swap would be a fair deal but thats coming from my own very biased eyes haha

I'd say that's a fair swap right now, if anything I would rate Kranjcar more as we see the quality he has from the fact that he starts alot more often that Crouch does and Benitez is a good manager who knows he must play his best strikers and if Crouch is not one of them there must be some reason other than Torres.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #14: May 19, 2008 12:37:18 pm
      I think £16 million is a little excessive. He is good but we could get someone like nasri or joaquin for that money. I would love to see him in a liverpool shirt though, not sure how much it would end up being for if we did get him.
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: May 19, 2008 12:47:06 pm
      I dont think its worth more than 12-13 mill max for the entire transfer and this would see Crouch go the other way.

The thing tha has impressed me the most has been hi dedication to improve on the weakest aspect of his game being his fitness. He came from the ridcolously slow Croatian league to the EPL he has all other attributes to be a Liverpool player and a great player overall. I tip him to be Croatia' best this Euro.

He is also very versatile he can play pretty much anywhere in the midfield and in his early career relished as the "number 10" or the playmaker in the team.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2008 12:50:37 pm
      I dont think its worth more than 12-13 mill max for the entire transfer and this would see Crouch go the other way.

The thing tha has impressed me the most has been hi dedication to improve on the weakest aspect of his game being his fitness. He came from the ridcolously slow Croatian league to the EPL he has all other attributes to be a Liverpool player and a great player overall. I tip him to be Croatia' best this Euro.

He is also very versatile he can play pretty much anywhere in the midfield and in his early career relished as the "number 10" or the playmaker in the team.

Couldnt agree more, seems a very dedicated player.

The thing that i like about him is his creativity. He seems to always find a way out of a sittuation and knows when to play it simple and when to play a more difficult ball.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #17: May 19, 2008 02:27:37 pm
      Kranjcar is one of the most underrated players. He is bloody class. Him on the left or Silva would be ideal with Babel who can play there. Bring in Bentley too. We'd have some quality options then!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: May 19, 2008 02:47:49 pm
      Niko is one of my favourite footballers ever, i really wanted us to buy him when he was at zagreb but it didnt happen :( but now that its a possibility im very happy. If we do sign him i will be giving he nearest person a hug :D no matter who it is :P
      liver1980
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #19: May 20, 2008 02:47:23 pm
      Kranjcar is one of the most underrated players. He is bloody class. Him on the left or Silva would be ideal with Babel who can play there.

I'll second that, very underated and i predict a euro display that will turn a few heads. Another schrewd buy by Harry at pompy!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #20: May 20, 2008 03:52:39 pm
      I'll second that, very underated and I predict a euro display that will turn a few heads.

A jack up his price by another 3m-5m so if Rafa is serious about getting him he should try to do so soon before the Euro's to avoid such a thing happen (then again it can go the other way). As for the player I think he is quality and would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. Again he is a player who would slot in well in the new formation we have been playing and will add another attacking element to our game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: May 20, 2008 05:24:15 pm
      i would much rather see that money go to signing david silva than kranjcar to be honest
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #22: May 20, 2008 05:51:58 pm
      I would much rather see that money go to signing david silva than kranjcar to be honest

It wouldnt be enough. And they dont want crouch

Quick Reply