Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Wednesday night - A call to arms!

Read 5431 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,301 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Wednesday night - A call to arms!
      Apr 27, 2008 08:56:02 pm
      Ok people we are only 3 days away from the biggest game of our season. Ill spend them 3 days in work surrounded by mancs and chelsea fans in my face. I will wear my colours all week and tell these people how we'll prove ourselves again as we did in Milan and as we did in the nou camp and Istanbul and Turin in years gone by. Ill text and e-mail my red mates positive stuff for the 3 days in the build up so they can get the fire burning and pass it on to there mates

Basically what im getting at is that every one of us should be 100% confident that our lads will as they have done so often pull us through. Pass on that belief to all the reds you know so that by 7.45 wednesday night not one red will be doubtful about the result and will therefore give 100% vocal in there pub or at home watching the game. Think back to 05 in Turin having to hold out without some star players but we did remember  Istanbul how could you not!! Remember how superior we were to them last week. Remember Inter were unbeaten for ages until we went there. Chelsea have to lose at home sometime and who better to do it then us! Remember we are Liverpool FC.

Please believe and have faith in our boys they will not let us down

Y.N.W.A
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 12:46:22 am by JD »
      RedAndWhiteKop
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | -2 
      Re: Wednesday night - A call to arms!
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2008 09:01:03 pm
      well sed mate, couldnt agree more, im in the same boat in uni surrounded by mancs, as i moved to salford its not nice being called all sorts of names ;D, but im sure the migthy reds can win us it again! 
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2008 09:06:35 pm
      I've got a few clowns on my back after the result in midweek, fully support what you are saying and i am 100% behind the reds and truly believe we will prevail.

Come on you reds!
      eggsterlfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2008 09:25:50 pm
      100% faith the lads can get to a second consective chapions leage final

cant wait to rub it in to all my mates who have given me stick over the past week
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2008 09:29:23 pm
      The missus is out just putting the final on again just to start the week right, by wednesday be so pumped up its one of them times that cant come quick enough.Total faith cant see it any other way.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,301 posts | 2845 
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2008 09:33:37 pm
      The missus is out just putting the final on again just to start the week right, by wednesday be so pumped up its one of them times that cant come quick enough.Total faith cant see it any other way.

Thats exactly what im talking about Andy.
      hex85uk
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 27, 2008 09:36:07 pm
      im surrounded by mancs so get really p**sed when they say we wont go through. So jst to spite them im going in my colours all week.

YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2008 10:43:22 pm
      Ok people we are only 3 days away from the biggest game of our season. Ill spend them 3 days in work surrounded by mancs and chelsea fans in my face. I will wear my colours all week and tell these people how we'll prove ourselves again as we did in Milan and as we did in the nou camp and Istanbul and Turin in years gone by. Ill text and e-mail my red mates positive stuff for the 3 days in the build up so they can get the fire burning and pass it on to there mates

Basically what im getting at is that every one of us should be 100% confident that our lads will as they have done so often pull us through. Pass on that belief to all the reds you know so that by 7.45 wednesday night not one red will be doubtful about the result and will therefore give 100% vocal in there pub or at home watching the game. Think back to 05 in Turin having to hold out without some star players but we did remember  Istanbul how could you not!! Remember how superior we were to them last week. Remember Inter were unbeaten for ages until we went there. Chelsea have to lose at home sometime and who better to do it then us! Remember we are Liverpool FC.

Please believe and have faith in our boys they will not let us down

Y.N.W.A

Love it Brian, I hope the players believe in themselves as much as you do.

Agree with everything you say and as the week progresses this match will become more intense until 7.45 pm on Wednesday evening.

They have to lose sometime to us at home don't they, let's start with that time being this Wednesday  ;D

In Rafa and Liverpool we trust to propel us to Moscow...... :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2008 11:17:56 pm
      I am 100% confident that we will win at stamford bridge, we may not have scored there since cheyrou's goal a few seasons ago but now we have a certain fernando torres who will be on the pitch. Chesea are having a few problems now after the incidents with united and between the players, ballack and drogb so i get the feeling we will win the game 1-0 and play barca in the final ;)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 27, 2008 11:31:39 pm
      I am verry confitent that we will score on wednesday night, and win on pens. and we will meet manure in the final. i dont know why but i think Liverpool v manure final and we will win 3-1. but as for wed liverpool win on pens.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2008 11:39:18 pm
      We are Liverpool Football Club
      and we are coming to getcha
      Final Score
      Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool FC
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #11: Apr 28, 2008 12:46:54 am
      5-0. We're going to win 5-0.

There.

Am I being optimistic enough? ;)
      RedAndWhiteKop
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Apr 28, 2008 02:47:24 am

There.

Thats the Spirit!!
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 28, 2008 03:27:28 am
      We will win chleski. with Torres hat-trick. YNWA
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: Apr 28, 2008 04:06:27 am
      The best thing is that we wont win I am singning on for a 2-2 draw, they keep their record and show it up their arse.

I spent the whole Saturday night watching a few Manc's mates "re-live" Riise's own goal over and over again.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #15: Apr 28, 2008 06:51:20 am

There.

I'll believe it when I see you put your prediction in on the Prediction League JD! ;)

I've gone for 3-1 to us, I think we're going to finish them off in style! I reckon Kuyt will bag 2 because he knows how to score in the Champion's League, and Babel for the other. Torres will be tightly marked and make loads of space for the rest of the team, maybe get a couple of assists. You heard it here first!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Apr 28, 2008 08:35:29 am
      I have every confidence that RAFA and the LADS will get the right result at Chelsea and will go for a 3-1 win for us.If we get a decent Ref who is awake to Drogbas diving and Terrys elbows Chelsea will not even get a goal.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #17: Apr 28, 2008 10:09:21 am
      We are coming , anyone thinking & there will plenty that we have no chance at the bridge , well think again , We are liverpool fc - KINGS OF EUROPE.  5 TIMES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS ***** , We will get the result we need . we have the togetherness -mentality-and craft , oh & gerrard who is the worlds top midfielder with a lions heart .. my prediction

chelsea 0-2 mighty reds
      ynwa.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #18: Apr 28, 2008 10:14:44 am
      1-2 (Torres and ...Carra)... more worried about Carra's and Stevie G's yellow cards than I am about actually beating the Chavs.

Ticket for Moscow por favor... calling number six...come in number six.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #19: Apr 28, 2008 10:18:16 am
      1-2 (Torres and ...Carra)... more worried about Carra's and Stevie G's yellow cards than I am about actually beating the Chavs.

remember jt on a yella aswell ,
      red_spark
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 28, 2008 10:28:04 am
      Ill be honest with you, ive been quite suprised at peoples "oh its has to be advantage chelsea now" attitude as soon as the first leg finished. They say that Liverpool HAVE to go there and win to go through and that we havent won there in a long time so we are as good as out. NOT TRUE, in fact, ridiculous ! We do NOT need to go there and win to go through. If you look at how the scoring in this match could go you have to say that if we can just bag ONE goal they are going to be up against it.

If THEY score first, it doesnt matter, we were 1 goal (the away goal) behind anyway so still need just 1 goal to level. If we score that one goal we are level and seeing out that result would take us to penalties were we have every right to be confident. Every subsequent goal we scored would leave chelsea needing TWO , VERY nervous night for them.

If WE score that ONE goal first, we are WINNING and they HAVE to score to even draw. And once that ONE goal is scored by us you better believe its game on. Our lads will raise their game, will see the desperation in chelseas play and will be desperate to hit them on the break knowing, that if we score again, with it being an away goal, it leaves them needing ----> 3 goals <----- to get through ie a VERY nervous match for chelsea if we just score ONE goal.

Now when you consider that our results against chelsea this season have been tight, low scoring, very level affairs and us being VERY capable of getting our ONE goal the odds are we will get ONE goal on wednesday leading to the above scenarios.

I think its very heartening that if they score one goal it doesnt really matter. But if we score just ONE single goal it puts them under a lot of stress and pressure.

ONE goal....
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 10:30:47 am by red_spark »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #21: Apr 28, 2008 10:39:39 am

Ill be honest with you, ive been quite suprised at peoples "oh its has to be advantage chelsea now" attitude as soon as the first leg finished. They say that Liverpool HAVE to go there and win to go through and that we havent won there in a long time so we are as good as out. NOT TRUE, in fact, ridiculous ! We do NOT need to go there and win to go through. If you look at how the scoring in this match could go you have to say that if we can just bag ONE goal they are going to be up against it.

If THEY score first, it doesnt matter, we were 1 goal (the away goal) behind anyway so still need just 1 goal to level. If we score that one goal we are level and seeing out that result would take us to penalties were we have every right to be confident. Every subsequent goal we scored would leave chelsea needing TWO , VERY nervous night for them.

If WE score that ONE goal first, we are WINNING and they HAVE to score to even draw. And once that ONE goal is scored by us you better believe its game on. Our lads will raise their game, will see the desperation in chelseas play and will be desperate to hit them on the break knowing, that if we score again, with it being an away goal, it leaves them needing ----> 3 goals <----- to get through ie a VERY nervous match for chelsea if we just score ONE goal.

Now when you consider that our results against chelsea this season have been tight, low scoring, very level affairs and us being VERY capable of getting our ONE goal the odds are we will get ONE goal on wednesday leading to the above scenarios.

I think its very heartening that if they score one goal it doesnt really matter. But if we score just ONE single goal it puts them under a lot of stress and pressure.

ONE goal....

I'm not getting too hyped up by this "Chelsea advantage" either the way I see it is it's a draw and anyone's game atm, the only way they will have the upper hand is if we don't score after 90 mins.  This is a game we know we need to score in to avoid that happening and a lot of critics are saying the pressure is on us and on paper I'd agree.

But when is a match EVER played on paper?

It's game on guys and I believe the more experienced size in such a competition will always have the upper hand :D
      Australian LFC fan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #22: Apr 28, 2008 10:55:47 am

That is a good point about the cards but were not the only ones! Lionel Messi, Yaya Touré and Gabriel Milito for Barca and Nani, Patrice Evra and Owen Hargreaves for Man u and for Chelsea its Terry 
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #23: Apr 28, 2008 10:56:54 am
      If Utd  beat Barca what more motivation do our players need knowing we face utd in final.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #24: Apr 28, 2008 11:07:16 am
      If Utd  beat Barca what more motivation do our players need knowing we face utd in final.

That would be sweet as.
      red_spark
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2008 11:16:51 am
      m utd went to stamford bridge without ronaldo at the weekend looking for a draw. Look at the facts -

chelsea havent scored goals freely recently and still didnt against manu. They scored one goal in open play if you ignore the penalty. So they are far from free scoring at the moment and CERTAINLY werent against us !

manu scored against them even playing without ronaldo and playing for a draw. And when they brought ronaldo on to attack late on chelsea were saved by at least two goal line clearances. Add to that that WE managed to carve them open many times at Anfield and we DID score against them. So they are by no means defensively sound at the moment either.

utd were woeful on saturday and they STILL could have come away from stamford bridge with a 1-1 only for a late penalty. And if their goal line clearances werent cleared off the line utd could have come away, after playing poorly with a win !

So chelsea arent scoring bags of goals and they arent as tight at the back as they have been in the past. With only ONE goal required by LFC to make it an uphill battle for them i think chelsea should be very nervous about Wednesday. Rafas no fool, he will be looking for rapid counterattacks for that ONE goal.

And if it comes to penalties in a champions league semi final and chelsea and Liverpool FC are involved, who are you going to put your money on ? Experience counts, are lads have been there many times before and succeeded. Have chelsea ? no, never, so nerves and pressure will kick in. They`ll feel the inevitability that they arent going to make it again and with the personality clashes and divisions in their camp one or two of those lads playing for themselves will sky their kicks or kick it too closet to Reina to be safe.

One goal...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #26: Apr 28, 2008 01:40:17 pm
      I've mentioned it time and again we need to harass the chav's defence and don't give them too much respect like what we did in the 1st leg. If we look back the games against the chavs our goals were a result of chaotic situations, never something that we really expected. Kuyt will need to play deep to trouble their defence and poach whatever chance that comes along. More importantly, we'll need to score first to put the pressure back on the chavs. I'd just try about anything to score be it a 1/2 chance 1/4 chance, scissor kick, bicycle kick, deflected kick or ball or even miskick just to get that all important first goal.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Apr 28, 2008 01:54:48 pm
      And if it comes to penalties in a champions league semi final and chelsea and Liverpool FC are involved, who are you going to put your money on ? Experience counts, are lads have been there many times before and succeeded. Have chelsea ? no, never, so nerves and pressure will kick in. They`ll feel the inevitability that they arent going to make it again and with the personality clashes and divisions in their camp one or two of those lads playing for themselves will sky their kicks or kick it too closet to Reina to be safe.

One goal...
      Having witnessed the Drogba/Ballack confrontation at the weekend,I'm confident an early goal against them would expose their internal feuding. With such a p*ss poor manager who doesn't seem to be in control of the players, I feel that we could easily get amongst them and get the result that we need, and if it comes down to pens, then you wouldn't bet against our lads, so either way Moscow for us.We demand a strong referee for this one otherwise the sh*t will hit the fan big style.
      IRWT
      sabrina
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 95 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 28, 2008 05:14:48 pm
      all i got after the 1st leg were calls and texts rubbing it in my face! but i keep telling everyone how were gonna win, we are going to win we'r liverpool for f***s sake!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Apr 28, 2008 05:44:38 pm
      The best thing is that we wont win I am singning on for a 2-2 draw, they keep their record and show it up their arse.

I spent the whole Saturday night watching a few Manc's mates "re-live" Riise's own goal over and over again.

Should of made them watch Miss Ronaldo missing his penalty kick last week     ;)  Bet they had conveniently forgot that one  ;) :D :D
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2008 05:56:03 pm
      We are 100% better than Chelsea theres no way there getting to Moscow not when we owe the dirty mancs a F***ing good hammering
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2008 07:04:19 pm
      A clean sheet is a must!

Two goals against Chelsea is a must.

Chelsea have never made it to the finals before, they dont belong in the finals!

We need to just shut them down once and for all on Wednesday!

I am all for Crouch to start alongside Torres!!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #32: Apr 28, 2008 07:38:45 pm
      Last Tuesday we should have walked away with a 3 goal lead , we didn't and now because of a fluke goal we have to go to London and score. Once before when we needed to win the Championship in the final game of the season , Kennys fist year as manager , we won 2-1 and that gives me confidence that we can win again , and why not we have proved they no longer have an advantage over us with their big buys , the gap has gone and so will have Chelsea come Wed. night.....
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2008 08:40:11 pm
      I read somewhere on the main site recently that in 2005, 2006 and 2007 Liverpool have gone on to beat the chavs on their 5th meeting in each of those seasons and ironically Wednesday will be the 5th meeting of Liverpool and the chavs in 2008...

I'm confident the lads will be up for this game and Crouchy will start up front with Torres, he just has to in order to capitilize on his ability to cause their defence some major headaches. Sod counter attack, just ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!

My starting 11 would be

Reina

Carragher - Skirtel - Hyypia - Arbeloa

Kuyt - Masch - Babel

Gerrard

Torres - Crouch

Subs to include : Intandje, Risse, Alonso, Lucas, Pennant, Veronin

I think we could be safe in the knowledge that with a strong back 4 we can also control the midfield, switching between a 4-4-2 in defence and a 4-3-3 in attack. If all the players play to their full potential there is absolutely no reason why we can't score an away goal (or two). If Rooney can run at them with a knackered hip and score then so can a fit Kuyt, Babel, Gerrard, Torres or Crouchy... get my drift?

It's half time and GAME ON! C'mon!

Let's re-write the record books and march on to Red Square in Moscow :kop5cf8koxp6:

Hamo 16
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2008 09:19:04 pm
      Support and believe, the boys will stuff them!!!

Y.N.W.A.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #35: Apr 28, 2008 09:24:07 pm
      I read somewhere on the main site recently that in 2005, 2006 and 2007 Liverpool have gone on to beat the chavs on their 5th meeting in each of those seasons and ironically Wednesday will be the 5th meeting of Liverpool and the chavs in 2008...

I like this statistic. Have belief and we will go through.

The players and mangers will not let us down. 

YNWA

:scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 29, 2008 01:28:08 am
      We can do it. we are better than them, they will bottle it.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #37: Apr 29, 2008 08:38:40 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/04/29/i-m-up-for-a-scrap-against-chelsea-says-fernando-torres-89520-20398620/

I'm up for a scrap against Chelsea, says Fernando Torres

Fernando Torres insists he is ready to earn his money the hard way - by going into battle against Chelsea's tough-guy defenders.
      The Liverpool striker wears the scars from last week's Champions League semi-final with pride, because he believes being singled out for rough treatment is a compliment to his skills.

And the 30-goal forward wants to prove in the return leg at Stamford Bridge tomorrow that he holds no fear about getting into an all-out war with Chelsea's uncompromising centreback pairing of John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho.
      "All the defenders in England are so tough - the good ones and the less gifted ones are all the same that way," said the Spain international. "It must be written into their contracts.
      Advertisement

"Now I've taken that on board I know I have to go out and earn my money. I'm paid to deal with this, I'm paid to take the tough stuff, and I'm not scared of a scrap.
      "I have wanted to play against guys like Terry and Carvalho for a long time, and they do me an honour by giving me a tough time. I am ready for it, and I can't wait."
      Torres has been a revelation since arriving in the Premier League, and he has become the first Liverpool striker since Robbie Fowler to reach the 30-goal mark.
      He has done so despite being given a fearsome baptism in life in the English top flight by defenders determined to snuff out the threat he poses.

But Torres just loves it, and he believes if he gets more of the same at Chelsea tomorrow night, then he will respond in the way he has done so all season.
      "I'm certainly going to try to answer Terry and Carvalho by getting a couple of goals against Chelsea. That is what I always try, and I enjoy that competition in England," he said.

"English football is physical and tough but it is reasonably honest . . in contrast to Spain and La Liga, where it is more vicious, and you get elbowed off the ball and studs-first challenges."

For Torres, just the chance to play in such a semi-final is a delight, even if he knows he will be in for a real physical battle.
      At his previous club Atletico Madrid Torres could only dream of reaching the Champions League semi-final, and no matter the outcome tomorrow, he is going to take every single ounce of enjoyment out of the occasion.

"Everybody dreams of playing in the Champions League, and in the space of a few months I've gone from having my dreams while I'm sitting watching it on the TV, to having a part in it and bigger and bigger moments," he explained.

"I already have so many memories after just one season, and it's not over yet. There was my goal in the San Siro when we beat Inter Milan, the incredible 4-0 win over Marseille, and a goal in a 4-2 win over Arsenal.

"That was special - now it's the turn of Chelsea."

But if everything has been headturning since his arrival at Anfield in a record £21million deal in the summer, one small aspect of life at his new club does not quite measure up to expectations.

"I find the changing area very old and very small," said Torres.

"The players are right up against each other inside it.

"Rafa Benitez has tried to get it extended several times, but the senior players told him that the dressing room had been like that for a lifetime, and that it was like a listed building."

I have always wanted to play against guys like Terry and Carvalho for a long time
      ________________________ ________________________ _____________________

We're with you all the way Torres! Stick two goals into those suckers!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #38: Apr 29, 2008 08:54:03 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159752080429-0830.htm

John Arne Riise insists he is in the right frame of mind to help try and fire Liverpool towards the Champions League final tomorrow night.
      The Reds will kick-off the second leg of their semi-final at Stamford Bridge as underdogs to progress following Riise's late own goal at Anfield last week, but the Norwegian defender insists he has recovered mentally from that blow and is ready to play his part in what he hopes will be another great European night for the Reds.

"We had a day off the day after the game and I went through things in my head then," said Riise.

"I just went home and I didn't want to speak to anyone, I just had to think about it myself. I realised you just have to move on and now I think I have.

"All you can do is focus on upcoming games, not ones that have gone before.

"For me the biggest thing was the timing of the goal, the last kick of the game and such an important game too. That was the most disappointing thing for me and everyone in the team.

"But mentally I am very strong anyway and I managed to get things quickly out of my mind. Coming back on Saturday was all that mattered to me and now it's Wednesday – just thinking about dong well if I get the chance there.

"Nobody wants to score an own goal but people make mistakes – and nobody will blame me if it's 0-0 on Wednesday and we don't go through.

"But nobody is even thinking about that, we are going to try and get a win and hopefully we will get it. Then the first leg result and the own goal won't matter. We know we can do it. It's a case of going there, having a go and knowing we can score. We are positive and know we can get a result.

"It's a big game and it's going to be a cracking night so hopefully we can come up winners in the end.

"We have to respect Chelsea for the team they are. They beat Manchester United on Saturday and haven't lost at home for God knows how many games so I think we have to respect that beforehand – but records are there to be broken. And we will go there and try to win because we have to and it's for a place in the final of the Champions League.

"So the whole team has a lot of confidence and we know we can have a go and score. It's going to be tough game but these games are why we play football."
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________

With the way Insua played against Birmingham, I wouldn't be surprised if he started ahead of Riise! Some reserve players really coming through.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39: Apr 29, 2008 09:07:06 am
       If Riise plays I expect him to score (for us this time) Just hope he does not try to hard to make amends and stuff up.He had an excellent game away to Marseille so he can play well if he is on form but i would prefer to see him in midfield and not fullback.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Apr 29, 2008 10:20:16 am
      Great post Brian. Totally with you on it. The media crap tryng to get our players out of the right frame of mind will only make them stronger. Stevie WILL play his best and you just know Nando is never one to be written off. Liverpool thrive on the childish games others play to make us nervous or scared etc. but we always prevail and with the travelling fans at Stamford we will march on to Moscow. All those that are brave to write us off will be eating their own words and Drogba will be blamed for the loss they will suffer. We dont play like that, we're proud of our club and the players are proud of their shirt. 2-0 for us is what will happen and those Chelsea bas**rds will be ruing another missed opportunity in the S/F against the might of Liverpool.

YNWA
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #41: Apr 29, 2008 11:31:40 am
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3492993,00.html

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is hoping the referee in charge of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League match against Chelsea gives his team a fair deal.

Italian official Roberto Rossetti will take charge of the clash at Stamford Bridge with the tie delicately poised after a 1-1 draw at Anfield.

Rossetti has taken charge of five Champions League matches this season. All ended in home wins, with one exception - Chelsea's win over Valencia in Spain in October.

Benitez, who was unhappy with Austrian official Konrad Plautz in the first leg, is hoping Rossetti is strong and fair at Stamford Bridge.

Curious

"In the last six games in Europe he has refereed, five times the local team have won and once they haven't. That was Valencia against Chelsea - it's very curious," said Benitez.
      "If he knows he must be strong, that is okay.

"In the first one the referee wasn't really good in the decision but hopefully it will be different now."

Focused

Benitez is not worried about how his season will be judged if Liverpool crash out and says he is focused on reaching the final in Moscow.
      "I'm not really worried about how the people will judge the season. It is more about how can we progress in this competition, how can we feel happy with ourselves after the game.

"I think it is important to know we have guaranteed fourth position. That has been the key over the past few years and now we must try to go to the final.

"Success for us is to win trophies, that is clear, but when you cannot, you must try to do the right things, it is as simple as that."
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________

The only way to be sure the Ref's hands are tied is to win convincingly at Stamford Bridge. No room for careless tackles that could spell trouble for US. We just need to make sure we win, regardless of whatever clandestine love may exist between the Ref and Chelsea.

Reina

Carragher  Hyypia  Skrtel  Arbeloa

Mascherano

Kuyt       Gerrard        Babel

Crouch     Torres
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008 11:42:14 am by solodee »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Apr 29, 2008 11:43:29 am
      Here's a quote from fourfourtwo.com which i think will serve Chelsea well:

''To do the unthinkable, Schalke needed to maintain a certain tempo but with Italian referee Roberto Rossetti blowing for a foul everytime Thierry Henry lost his balance that was never going to happen.''

Hope this doesnt occur and he lets it flow.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #43: Apr 29, 2008 01:10:35 pm

....apparantly they are bringing out the free shitty plastic 30,000 flags again

....am sure that will put the shits up our players ;)

F***ing amatures
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,301 posts | 2845 
      Reply #44: Apr 29, 2008 01:25:16 pm
      Just back from me lunch. Sat with loads of mancs and a few Chelsea now I knew they fancied themselves but my God they have completely written us off!! Great thats what I want Im sure the majority of Chelsea and there players are thinking the same. Fools thats whem we are at our best when we are written off. Cant wait for kick off 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: Apr 29, 2008 02:41:23 pm
      I am not at all pleased with Rosetti and I did watch the whole Schalke-Barca game even though i rooted for Barca the ref was very biased towards them. He seemed to cling on every single little challenge that was made on a Barcelona player yet he was more reluctant to give Schalke a foul. But maybe that was the mentality of a smaller team agains a giant, same can not be said of us but I am sure a referee should have an unbiased view of the game in the first place.

I have also done some reading and there is suggestion that Rafa is contemplating whether or not to play Riise on the left, or shift Carra right with Sammu and  Skrtel in the centre and Arbeloa on the left IMO I would prefer the second option I am a little concerned that Riise might over commit himself and do something stupid.

Also have been reading suggestions that we start with Crouch and Torres shifting Gerrard to the left, fair enough there is the need for additional reinforcement upfront. But can we sacrifice captain fantastic to play out of position like he did in the second leg against Arsenal and IMO had his worst game ever.

Something for Rafa to sort out I am sure he will.

YNWA
      Come on You Red Men --Nervers are coming on allready.
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #46: Apr 29, 2008 09:09:25 pm
      Nice stat:
      Riise has scored (a beauty) against chelski every season under Benitez:

2004/2005 Chelski - Leaugue Cup Final
      2005/2006 Chelski - Fa Cup Semi Final
      2006/2007 Chelski - Community Shield

So let's hope to ad a......2007/2008 Chelski - CL Semi Final. That would be nice.

BELIEVE!!!
      sandsy85
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #47: Apr 29, 2008 10:07:33 pm
      All i have to say about this subject is COME ON THE MIGHTY POOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply