Trending Topics

Quantity or Quality?

Read 3153 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Quantity or Quality?
      Reply #23: Apr 25, 2008 07:58:54 pm
      Kuyt, no doubt has not been our best player in the past few weeks, but i would argue that he's been the most imortant. Kuyt is great IMO.

And Rafa, given the option this year will surly go for quality, he said he cant improve the squad too much so why bring in alot of new signings??
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #24: Apr 25, 2008 08:03:31 pm
      I do agree that our squad is bursting at the seems at the moment and to buy a cart load of players would be daft.  We need some high-profile signings not gambles and that sounds what Rafa fancies himself.  Happy Days!
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 08:12:05 pm by mrtommo, Reason: Use English language please. »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #25: Apr 29, 2008 10:43:26 am

Maxi Rodriguez in for Kewell.
      Gareth Barry in for Xabi OR Kewell.

I think Gareth Barry is a very interesting signing, he could be brought in directly for Xabi OR for Harry. Barry made his name out on the left and along with Maxi we may just have a great left side. Babel? He will move up front as promised by both of them. They both said he was on the wing to develop a real feel for the league and adapt before moving up front. Xabi may just stay.

Rafa plays his cards close to his chest, dont expect signings to stop once we have these guys in a red shirt.

Gareth Barry and Maxi Rodriguez on the left, would be awesome, that would push Babel up front, and if a few central midfielders broke down Barry could play there, or if our left back broke down Barry could play there.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Apr 29, 2008 11:05:01 am
      For the price of Barry, I'd have to say no just now. 15m for who I believe will only get a place on the bench considering our midfield is not worth it. Great talent likes, but really 15m for a squad player? Only thing putting me off this deal is the price I am afraid.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #27: Apr 30, 2008 12:18:29 am
      does anyone know if Barry has an option of buying out his contract? or how long it has to run? i keep hearing these 15million pound suggestions but i really don't see it myself, I'm thinking 10million maximum.. and i also only see Rafa buying him for LB or occasionally LM, so there shouldn't be any worries about him replacing Alonso, as for squad player we aint got a better left back one that can cross,take pens,free kicks and score goals the closest we have is Aurelio and he seems somewhat injury prone.

Quick Reply