Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Well Played Lads we are proud of you

Read 2908 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Well Played Lads we are proud of you
      May 01, 2008 11:54:24 am
      Have to say Im disapointed and did shed a tear last night, but having said that the boys went out with a fight and gave everything they had especially in that second half. Im still proud to be a LIverpool supporter and no amount of negative after morning press talk is gonna make me think any less of our team, no matter how much the media try to pull the wool over peoples eyes and no matter how much sh*te they talk, we still are the most successful team in English footballing history and that final in moscow will not change that.

Luck was not on our side and neither was that ref but having said that we can hold our heads high in the fact that we didnt surround the ref and berate and hassle him like other teams do (Chelsea take note) Our boys just got on with it. Im putting last night behind me now and just gonna look forward to our last two games and then next season,it has to be said the seeds have been sown for a great team and I think those lads showed that last night with guts and determination. Im proud to be a red and so should all of you be

RED TILL I DIE

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Well Played Lads we are proud of you
      Reply #1: May 01, 2008 12:07:44 pm
      Well said Pragmatic. Im gutted for Rafa and the lads and gutted for us reds. We should have had a peno Sami defo was brought down but it wasnt to be. Im as proud of our lads this morning as I ever was and that will never change. In the pub last night Liverpool fans stayed on took some stick from manc and Chelsea fans but we didnt run out the door at the final whistle like they would do. A rendition of youll never walk alone was sang after the game and rarely has it meant as much to me. We will be back again better and stronger

Y.N.W.A
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #2: May 01, 2008 12:20:09 pm
      Amen!

I'm proud as punch to be a Liverpool supporter after such a fight!

We will win it in Rome next season you heard it here!

Matt
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: May 01, 2008 12:25:09 pm
      I can only echo your thoughts Prag, Lady luck wasn't with us last night but we gave our all and that's all you can ask. I feel that we have made giant strides forward this season and yes we haven't won any thing but I genuinely believe that we are now competing with the best teams and are more than a match for them. We have a young side that can compete at home and in Europe for many seasons to come. We can build on this and mount that elusive league challenge next year and look forward to another season of entertaining the greatest sides Europe has to offer (and beating them! ;)). Good luck to the Chavs, I hope they win it. But we finally have a side that wreaks of Genuine world class players and we should be very positive of what the future holds for us.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: May 01, 2008 12:44:55 pm
      We will bounce back a win it next season 3rd time in Rome.
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #5: May 01, 2008 12:55:06 pm
      I too, am still proud to be LFC supporter. I totally agree with you pragmatic. Luck just wasn't on our side.
      But the boys did well and fought hard as they did all season. If you just look at the games we played this CL season and the teams we knocked out. You can't help but feel proud. Better days are coming as the side is getting better and better.
      I'm all for a 3rd time in Rome. That would be lovely!!

YNWA
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #6: May 01, 2008 12:59:32 pm
      I'm sad we lost last night, but can you imagine if we did get to final and had lost to the Mancs? 
      It would be a pit of despair for me having to work with all these Essex boys (Man U supporters naturally).
      So yes I'm sad, but not too much.  I'm proud to be a Red and the 1000's of miles I travel from base to Anfield and back again have been woth
      eggsterlfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #7: May 01, 2008 01:07:10 pm
      every supporteer of liverpool has to be proud it was a well fought match and we just miss out on the fiinal

well played lads enjoyed the run while it lasted
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2008 01:11:01 pm by eggsterlfc »
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #8: May 01, 2008 05:50:46 pm
      i didn't cry last night but was so full of envy, i did go on a slight throwing rampage.

Having said that I know our boys did their best and finally ended their lack of goals at stamford bridge,knew Torres would score.

Disappointed with certain aspects of last night but still another semi to add to our history and we will still be the best british team in europe. FACT
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: May 01, 2008 05:59:07 pm
      As liverpool fans we should keep our heads held high, our players gave it their all last night. We will come back better from this.

YNWA
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #10: May 01, 2008 06:05:29 pm
      Despite the fact we lost the semi final, it has to be said that we are without a doubt still the most feared side in the champions league, it was just unfortunate that luck wasn't with us last night.

Liverpool till i die, always
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: May 01, 2008 06:22:07 pm
      Came out of that game with a lot of pride and our heads held high. Well done boys, let's keep looking forward to a bright future.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: May 01, 2008 06:39:12 pm
      Very proud to be a Scouser.

Proud of my team, we held our heads high, and with all the sh*t that we've had to endure this season, we've done bloody marvellous to reach the semi-final again of the Champions League.

The odds were stacked against us in a way last night with having to play the second leg at Stamford Bridge, I do wonder what the outcome would have been if we'd played the second leg at Anfield, I'm sure the penalty decision when Sami was brought down would have been given had it have been in front of the kop :-\  Looking at it now, you have to say that the own goal in the first leg was our downfall..............if only eh !

But we'll live to fight another day, of that I'm sure.

Some ref's would have given it some wouldn't ! Unfortunately we had to have a ref that didn't give it  :(

We have to look at things positively now, and hope that everything manages to get sorted out behind the scenes, that Rafa is given money to get  2 or 3 decent good players to take us forward to the next level.
      So we can compete with the likes of United and Chelsea in the Premiership next season because that has to be our ultimate aim next season.

Disappointed today as I'm sure you all are, but we are Liverpool and we've overcome worse than this, a lot worse.

So we move onward and upward to the new season, and I hope the players who are selected for the next two games put this disappointment behind them and give their all to the fans, as it's no more than they deserve.

2008/09 we will be there or thereabouts as usual, battling it out again.

Isn't Football great. The highs and lows of a season, the ups and downs, the decisions  -  for and against. Tackles, Penalties, Goals, good signings,  (Torres)   ;D   bad signings (Voronin)   :(

I'm just so glad that I love footy, it gives me so much pleasure    :)   and pain sometimes   >:(

Roll on next season I say  ;D
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #13: May 01, 2008 06:50:40 pm
      I will ALWAYS be a proud Liverpool fan - we did our best and tried.  It hurts to know that we couldn't meet Scum in the final and beat their arses.

YNWA - roll on 08/09 season..... looking forward to see who we are going to clear out, and bring in....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #14: May 01, 2008 07:20:42 pm
      Once a Red, Always a Red.

Next season the title is ours - IF -we sort out the board room battle and ownership.

I.R.W.T.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: May 01, 2008 07:27:13 pm
      Really hope everyone at the City game get their singing voices into gear and give the lads a good sing song to show them how proud we are of them!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #16: May 01, 2008 08:18:22 pm
      We gave it our best shot and came up short ,thanks lads for getting us in there and at least giving us a chance ,last night wasn,t to be but i believe if we sort out the probs behind the scenes there are good times on the horizon ,Stevis said he was proud last night as was i to be a red and still walk tall ,onwards and upwards fellow REDS ,YNWA
      hex85uk
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #17: May 01, 2008 08:51:17 pm
      Well said. I shed a tear but im so proud of the team. A match to go in the books. We are always behind you Liverpool no matter what anyone says

Im a Red till I die

Y.N.W.A
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #18: May 01, 2008 09:13:14 pm
      Never been prouder to be a red than last night .....
      Thanks boys
      PROUD TO BE A RED

I.R.W.B
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: May 01, 2008 09:43:11 pm
      Great effort from the team and in all fairness even though they could have played better at times they still gave their all right until the fat lady sung. I am proud to be a red and that will never change no matter how the results go.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: May 01, 2008 09:45:47 pm
      Great effort from the team and in all fairness even though they could have played better at times they still gave their all right until the fat lady sung. I am proud to be a red and that will never change no matter how the results go.
      Well said
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21: May 02, 2008 04:55:33 am
      I shed a tear immediately after the defeat but then watched the whole game again some 12 hours later and I was proud and honoured to be a supporter of this club. The fighting spirit shown by the lads was extreme. I am proud to be a red always have been always will be.

We have so much to look forward to next season, lets hope Rafa can keep a cool head over the board turmoil and is provided with th funds to instill his vision, style and play that has made us great so far but even greater in the years to come.

IRWT

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: May 02, 2008 05:56:57 am
      When i rocked up to school still feeling the effects of the morning's preceedings i was hammered. Chelsea and Manc supporters everywhere all thinking that i was oblivious to the result and getting stuck in. Of course i know alot of fans here are fakes and got stuck into them with some stats that they didnt know how to handle and defending the club i love. Right then it hit me that while of course i was gutted in the result, there was no shame in our loss and after all our successes it could only go down hill from there (technically). Darn proud of our men, darn proud of our support and darn proud of our club! While the Mancs and Chelski rub into our faces quickly that they made the final, little do they realise the contradiction in their remarks. Not long ago, they were claiming that the CL means nothing compared to the Prem. All our success was envied by all and they were eager to match it. Liverpool supporters, in all confidence, never went to the extent of some Chelski and Manc fans did when they reached the final. Liverpool are the biggest force in Europe to come out of England since the turn of the century and while there has been no success in the domestic league, we are still a target to all clubs due to our European success.

No shame in our performance, no shame in not making the finals because we are Liverpool, the greatest club of all and always will be. Let them fight it out for the CL but when Liverpool rule England and Europe, it will make all the sh*t we cop well worth it.

Quick Reply