Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Thankyou Rafa

Read 17922 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Re: Thankyou Rafa
      Reply #161: May 04, 2008 11:19:58 pm
      Its your chosen statement, you wrote it and to me its very simple anyone reading can really only translate one meaning.  I don't know you as a person but with such statements I have very little respect for you.

I actually feel, and I HONESTLY mean this.... that the best single thing that could happen for the expectation level to be totally corrected is for Rafa to walk and leave us with Parry, Moores, Hicks and Gillet.

But that would not be good for LFC in the long-term would it?... so let's just wish it doesn't happen then...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #162: May 04, 2008 11:24:08 pm
      But that would not be good for LFC in the long-term would it? so let us just wish it does not happen then...

Which bit of that very clear statement did you not understand...not the greatest grasp of the Queens English eh...

Am I supposed to slash my wrists because you have no respect for me lad?? ;D.

Believe me mate, I'm not interested in blokes like you ever knowing me as a person or in person or whatever... would almost rather spend an evening with Richo. ;D

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008 11:29:16 pm by donrafael »
      tanny
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #163: May 04, 2008 11:35:20 pm
      rafa should leave us and go back to where? real madrid? its us pool fans who've backed him up even after 2 trophyless seasons those at bernabeu would be yelling to get him sacked with one such season thats how they are, so its not just rafa helping us out its mutual.

now im very excited about our next season because it looks a lot more promising than this one did or the ones before.. we have torres now, babel looks very promising too.. one good striker and a skillfull player on the flanks is what we need so rafa has to be wise in the market.. yossi, kuyt,veronin, crouch these arent title winning talents tbh. personally im not in for barry either we need some tricks in the team, some skil with pace barry's not that (a very good player though) im hoping for someone like quaresma or joaquin from valencia
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #164: May 04, 2008 11:35:40 pm
      It’s statement’s like if Rafa walks a army of players will walk too. Such statements do really piss me off.

As for the other statement you have tried to water it down fair enough, but there will always be fans that are negative and to prove a point to them I wouldn’t try to state negative things about the club.  You clearly wrote I honest mean it!

As for you being a bigger fan than me, I’m a little older than that.  I am one of millions of fans globally.  I do not consider myself anything different to the millions of LFC fans.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #165: May 04, 2008 11:37:37 pm
      We are still building.  But we need to add to the spine of the team to become even stronger.  I don't expect to strongly challenge the League for another 2 - 3 years.  I'm sure Rafa will have us ready & prepared by then.

2 - 3 years? I doubt Rafa needs t wait that long. The reason we didn't do that well this season was more because of the drawn games! We drew too many matches against team we usually gave a whupping. Most of the team we drew with, we crush them in the second encounter.

So I'd say we can win the League next season. The Big 3 teams were not the problem, it was the middle range teams that we could beat but didn't.
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2008 11:46:10 pm by solodee »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #166: May 04, 2008 11:38:52 pm
      rafa should leave us and go back to where? real madrid? its us pool fans who've backed him up even after 2 trophyless seasons those at bernabeu would be yelling to get him sacked with one such season thats how they are, so its not just rafa helping us out its mutual.

Totally agree regarding Real Madrid and their antics ... and also feel that Rafa is very much in love with Liverpool too, he would be mad not too with the amount of support and backing he receives from fans week in week out... and he is NEVER going to find that anywhere else, ever.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #167: May 04, 2008 11:45:30 pm
      It’s statement’s like if Rafa walks a army of players will walk too. Such statements do really piss me off.

They might piss you off...they piss me off too to be totally honest... it's like holding the club to ransom - but they have come from the very lips of players like Torres and Reina this season at the height of the "concentrate on coaching" crisis...

I distincly remember a Torres interview here in Spain during an international get together, where he said that a major factor in him going to Liverpool was Rafa Benitez and that if Rafa was to leave then many players would be re-evaluating their futures. That is fact, not fiction mate...

I honestly believe there a few in the same boat, mostly the spanish contingent that Rafa has brought in... I think saying it is one thing, doing it is another... but class players move on, club like it or not... e.g. watch Drogba this summer.

Is it a good situation to be in . No.

Is it the reality of the situation. Very Probably Yes.

If you don't like being reminded of reality...then that is YOUR problem lad... not mine.

I.R.W.T.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #168: May 04, 2008 11:49:47 pm
      As for the other statement you have tried to water it down fair enough, but there will always be fans that are negative and to prove a point to them I wouldn’t try to state negative things about the club.  You clearly wrote I honest mean it!

I stand by what I said, that I honestly feel/mean whatever that the crudest way many fans' expectation levels would be fixed would be by Rafa walking away and leaving us with the planks that currently run and own the club... qualified by... next statement ... BUT THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR THE CLUB, SO LET US NOT WISH IT HAPPENS...

You are really struggling that much with that bit of plain english mate?

I would NEVER wish a bad thing on my club, I was exposing what I honestly feel would be the crudest, fastest way of getting an expectation reality check in place for the supporters of our club... but it would NEVER be good for it to happen, so let us wish it doesn't.

Comprende now matey?

Do you need a flow chart or diagrams now maybe?

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #169: May 04, 2008 11:51:57 pm
      As for you being a bigger fan than me, I’m a little older than that.  I am one of millions of fans globally.  I do not consider myself anything different to the millions of LFC fans.

Listen mate, are you on the sauce or a wind-up or what?

Where did I say EXACTLY that I am a bigger fan than anybody else anywhere on planet earth... you smoking my socks mate?

This MUST be a wind-up now...

Doing well if it is matey... doing really well... falling for it hook-line-sinker style...
      tanny
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #170: May 04, 2008 11:58:53 pm
      kenny it sounds bitter to hear this but its true mate.. i dont like it either but some players that rafa's bought (esp spanish) seem to be so attached to him that they may lose interest once he's off.. we read such headlines everyday.. esp torres and masch saying they're only playing for us for rafa so that does get us a bit skeptical .. lets hope this doesnt happen even if rafa does have to leave someday
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #171: May 05, 2008 12:01:16 am
      The media will always try to manufacture stories with whatever raw materials they can scrounge.  You should know better this is a humongous club.  And Torres may have come because Benitez was here, but him leaving with Benitez!  He has had a brilliant season and has touched the KOP its very hard to walk away from this club.  To be honest I don't think Benitez will ever walk out of this club, this isn't Valencia, if he goes he will be sacked.  Sometimes we forget how good this club is.  The money is good, the fans are good and hopefully we will be bringing in more silverware.  All these allegations about Benitez being contact have all been clever methods of trying to negotiate an improved contract. 

Once a person has been touched by the anfield magic he never wants anything else.  In about thirty odd years only a few people have had the audacity to walk away from our fans most of them have regretted it.  So to think suddenly a line of players will do that hasn't happened in decades, I don't really think so. 
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #172: May 05, 2008 12:08:43 am
      This is getting silly now.

LFC9, it was a nice idea to start a thread to thank Rafa for being the only person at a senior level at the club to act with any sort of dignity whilst all around him were busy dragging Liverpool FC's name through the mud to meet their own agendas, but unfortunately it has turned into a big slanging match and I don't think there's been an on topic post for the last four pages.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply