Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kapo: "Liverpool are better than Utd"

Read 3292 times
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Re: Kapo: "Liverpool are better than Utd"
      Reply #23: May 13, 2009 09:05:36 pm
      Good boy Kapo too (Nobel too ;D )
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #24: May 13, 2009 10:14:12 pm
      Sorry mate (and it does choke me to say it !! ) but the Premiership table doesnt lie, once again Man Utd have proved that at the moment they are the best team. We had every opportunity to slaughter them yet failed too do so.
      I had such high hopes when Wigan went 1-0 up this evening but I knew that it was hope against hope that it would remain like that !
      But on a positive note it does bode well for next season that we have achieved so much and the other top teams (Arsenal and Chelsea) must be gutted to be so far behind us.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #25: May 13, 2009 10:53:33 pm
      Sorry mate (and it does choke me to say it !! ) but the Premiership table doesnt lie, once again Man Utd have proved that at the moment they are the best team. We had every opportunity to slaughter them yet failed too do so.
      I had such high hopes when Wigan went 1-0 up this evening but I knew that it was hope against hope that it would remain like that !
      But on a positive note it does bode well for next season that we have achieved so much and the other top teams (Arsenal and Chelsea) must be gutted to be so far behind us.

I disagree, yes the mancs are 6 points ahead of us, but they haven't play that well this year, they won like 15 games by one goal margin, and we proved we're a better team by defeating them twice this season, besides we've only lost 3 times so far, 3 times in almost one year
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #26: May 13, 2009 10:55:49 pm
      At the end of the season, the one with most points usually deserve to be their, and as much as it galls me to say it, well done Utd (their I've said it), and the seasons taste is bitter/sweet, bitter because they won it, and sweet to now know our team are capable of beating and winning it all. Rafa came here and said it would about take five years or so to rebuild the team to where we can challenge.

This summer will be five years of Rafa's stewardship and the job he has done has been well worth the wait, this season since the Christmas as been the best football I've watched from a Liverpool team since the Roy Evans days, but back then we thought we would kick on, it never happened.  This time around I know next season we have a real chance, and that will make the summer easier,now I can't wait for the next Rafa installment........
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #27: May 13, 2009 11:26:15 pm
      I agree we did beat Man Utd 4-1 and it was an magnificent effort this season... but too little too late.
      I have supported LFC since 1970, Man Utd are doing the same in the Premiership as we did in the old Division 1.
      They grind out results and when they falter we and other teams fail to take advantage....
      I have faith in Rafa and there is no doubt in my mind that Sir Alex Slurguson is a rattled man that he was pushed so close this season...
      The 2008/2009 season is over... lets get on with the 2009/2010 season and not trip up again !!
      IwanttobeJohnBarnes
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #28: May 15, 2009 04:59:08 pm
      Sorry mate (and it does choke me to say it !! ) but the Premiership table doesn't lie, once again Man Utd have proved that at the moment they are the best team. We had every opportunity to slaughter them yet failed too do so.

Disagree mate, League Tables don't always tell the best team.

No way on Gods green earth were the Gooners better than us in '89.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #29: May 17, 2009 10:42:59 pm
      Disagree mate, League Tables don't always tell the best team.

No way on Gods green earth were the Gooners better than us in '89.

I so agree mate; the best teams don't always win and Arsenal in 1989 were a typical example.. but as the great Bill Shankley said .. winning the title isn't a sprint !!
      I was gutted when we lost that game at Anfield that night in 1989 to that Michael Thomas goal (what a total b***ard of a way to lose!!).
      I cried in my beer for days afterwards and had too put up with all the Mickey taking from the Gooner fans in my workplace for days!!
      At the end of the day its winning points that counts at the end of the season and when we had the chance to kill off Man Utd when they were on the ropes... we failed to do so.
      We should have gone for the throat and Rafa should have taken a leaf out of the great Bob Paisleys book of quotes and said to his players "Listen son if you're ever wondering what do do with the ball. Just stick it in the back of the net and we will discuss your options afterwards"
      In otherwards goals mean points.. you can play the best football ever but only winning goals and 3 points count for a points tally  at the end of the season!!

Quick Reply