Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Who will be saying goodbye to Anfield tomorrow?

Read 5936 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Who will be saying goodbye to Anfield tomorrow?
      Reply #46: May 05, 2008 07:50:56 am
      I think that these players will be out Itandje, Carson, Finnan, Riise, Alonso, Kewell, Voronin & I hope that crouch stays and we will buy a good second keeper, use aurelio and insua, buy a left winger & Buy barry. with three good signing the league will be there 'cos i think that carra will play as a right back and agger skrtel and hyypia in centre back.

IRWT
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #47: May 05, 2008 09:00:06 am
      The players that should go in the summer are: itandje,riise,kewell,voronin,carson,pennant,finnan.

I really hope that we keep xabi but if right price comes, i think he'll go.

Crouch is a terrific player but will leave to get first team action.

I think out of the players leaving 4 or 5 need to be replaced because of a lack of cover.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: May 05, 2008 12:09:56 pm
      Im getting sick of seeing Itandje's name popping up over and over again. We sell him for 2 million tops and then what? Expect to find someone better for that money?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #49: May 05, 2008 01:18:01 pm
      Im getting sick of seeing Itandje's name popping up over and over again. We sell him for 2 million tops and then what? Expect to find someone better for that money?
      ok I admit you are correct, mate therefore Carson, finnan, riise, kewell, alonso, voronin will be out & either benayoun or pennant.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #50: May 06, 2008 12:28:55 am
      Agree with your selection.  However a radical clear out won't happen in my opinion because of two things.

1) Uncertainty over new transfer funds with all the chairmen bullshit, and
      2) Rick Parry is a sitting duck - do we expect him really to sort out around 8 outgoing and 8 incoming transfers over the summer?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #51: May 06, 2008 07:48:21 am

2) Rick Parry is a sitting duck - do we expect him really to sort out around 8 outgoing and 8 incoming transfers over the summer?
      I don't think we need to buy 8 also 'cos we dont need to buy another one for carson 'cos we have itandje, for finnan we have arbeloa & carra, for riise we need to buy (1), for kewell we need to buy (2), For alonso we need to buy too (3), For voronin we doesnot need 'cos we have torres, kuyt, babel & also nemeth & we need to buy a right-winger for the replacement of pennant or benayoun (4).

We need to sell 8 and buy 4.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #52: May 06, 2008 08:56:42 am
      Well Riise, Pennant and Crouchy weren't in the squad on Sunday, didn't join in the final home game lap and as far as i could see didn't turn up at all.  Rafa's comment that if they are not selected they can do what they want doesn't hold water as far as I am concerned.  For example I bet if Kuyt wasn't selected he would have still been there.

I think these three have already been told they are going, or in Crouchey's case has requested to leave, in the closed season. 

Like everyone I will watch with interest the comings and goings in the next three months.   
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #53: May 06, 2008 10:51:49 am
      Did Kewell do the lap of honour on Sunday?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #54: May 06, 2008 12:11:26 pm
      Did Kewell do the lap of honour on Sunday?

I think he made it half way up the tunnel before he pulled up lame ;) (didnt see him)
      ctheodorou
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #55: May 06, 2008 01:02:04 pm
      DEFENCE: Sell Finnan and buy Seitarides or Rafinha - It will give us some speed on the right. Play with Agger and Skertel in CB (use Carragher off the bench for CB or RB - don't get me wrong, Carragher is a tough player and plays with a lot of heart but there are many times where he just lacks making critical plays which cost us). Keep Abeloa on the left.
      MIDFIELD: If Alonso goes we should acquire Garreth Barry, a very tough player and a passing player who will fit right in with Gerrard and Macherano.
      ATTACK: I believe acquiring Santa Cruz from Blackburn will be a good move to pair up with Torres if not he will be a very good "off-the-bench" support for Torres.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: May 06, 2008 01:55:46 pm
      (use Carragher off the bench for CB or RB - don't get me wrong, Carragher is a tough player and plays with a lot of heart but there are many times where he just lacks making critical plays which cost us)

Who wants to have the first crack at this comment?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #57: May 06, 2008 02:10:15 pm
      DEFENCE: Sell Finnan and buy Seitarides or Rafinha - It will give us some speed on the right. Play with Agger and Skertel in CB (use Carragher off the bench for CB or RB - don't get me wrong, Carragher is a tough player and plays with a lot of heart but there are many times where he just lacks making critical plays which cost us). Keep Abeloa on the left.

FFS Thought I logged onto bluekipper for a minute
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #58: May 06, 2008 03:01:47 pm
      MIDFIELD: If Alonso goes we should acquire Garreth Barry, a very tough player and a passing player who will fit right in with Gerrard and Macherano.
      ATTACK: I believe acquiring Santa Cruz from Blackburn will be a good move to pair up with Torres if not he will be a very good "off-the-bench" support for Torres.

Totally understand where your coming from. Add to that, Gerrard, who just doesnt put in the hard yards for this club and Nando who hasnt impressed me yet. As for Mascher, that lunatic cost us the game against the Mancs with his ludacrous antics. Not LFC material these guys.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: May 06, 2008 03:18:20 pm
      I think he made it half way up the tunnel before he pulled up lame ;) (didnt see him)

:lmao: I didn't see Kewell either.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #60: May 06, 2008 09:14:47 pm
      Totally understand where your coming from. Add to that, Gerrard, who just doesnt put in the hard yards for this club and Nando who hasnt impressed me yet. As for Mascher, that lunatic cost us the game against the Mancs with his ludacrous antics. Not LFC material these guys.

Sorry but I have some problems with this comment, firstly i agree that at times Gerrard does not do as much as he used to but this because he is playing behind Torres and Rafa wont let him play in CM.

Another reason why he doesnt track back is because of Mascherano,Lucas and Alonso who are defensive style players so why have all our midfield defending?

I totally disagree that torres has not impressed because he has broke all these records,scored over 30 goals and so on. He is quality, end of.

As for Mascherano, i dont think there is a harder working player, maybe Kuyt at times and he simply one of the foundations of our team

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #61: May 06, 2008 09:17:06 pm
      Nice one crouchinho-enough said ;D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #62: May 06, 2008 09:21:40 pm
      Sorry but I have some problems with this comment, firstly I agree that at times Gerrard does not do as much as he used to but this because he is playing behind Torres and Rafa wont let him play in CM.

Another reason why he doesnt track back is because of Mascherano,Lucas and Alonso who are defensive style players so why have all our midfield defending?

I totally disagree that torres has not impressed because he has broke all these records,scored over 30 goals and so on. He is quality, end of.

As for Mascherano, I dont think there is a harder working player, maybe Kuyt at times and he simply one of the foundations of our team

Hello, he was being sarcastic no?

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #63: May 06, 2008 09:24:43 pm
      Nice one crouchinho-enough said ;D
      Got to agree but they will always be the first names on the team sheet regardless
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #64: May 06, 2008 09:27:05 pm
      [/quote]  Yes mate, and I think Reina's no good either or Rafa. Thank f*ck we've had Riise and Kewel to pull us out the sh*t this season ! ;)
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #65: May 06, 2008 09:29:05 pm
      apologies for the misunderstanding, i must have been drinking today
      truckerdai
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | -1 
      Reply #66: May 06, 2008 09:34:59 pm
      Itandje should def go, if not go, then let nowhere near the first team. Yes granted were not going to get a top class keeper to sit on the bench, but my 4 year old son could do a better job than charles!

Having said that, why wouldnt we be able to get a decent keeper just to sit on our bench? Look at the other 3. The mancs have got Van Der Sar and then kuschzachckkizs (or however you spell it) on the bench. Chavski have got Cech and Cuddicini on the bench. Arsenal have Almunia and Lehman (who to a certain extent get rotated)

Now there we have 6 good keepers who most teams would be happy to have on there books as a first choice. Maybe we need to look at it differently. Instead of trying to get an exceptional keeper to sit on the bench and be happy (which aint gunna happen), maybe just try and get a good prem keeper. Why not the likes of Kasey Keller. Ask him this, Kasey instead of picking the ball out of the fulham net every week because your playing for a sh*t team. Why not come sit on the bench of a quality team. Play a handful of games every season and pick up a medal at the end of it. What would you say to that? Or how about Kasper Schmechial. Did well at the start of the season for Man City then got shipped off to Cardiff City on loan.

As for the rest.

I think Pennant should stay. Finnan should stay. Alonso should stay. Crouch should stay. Riise should stay.
      Dont forget we need a big squad. Even if we keep Finnan and Riise as just squad players, its extra numbers and would know that when they come on the pitch they are capable of doing the job.

The crouch one is totaly down to him. It depends if rafa can persuade him to stay. I can see why he wants to leave for more first team football, which is fair enough, but if its to get more international football, well hes been getting picked for England on a regular basis from the liverpool bench anyway.

As for Voronin, when he first came he looked good, but nothing has happened. If rafa wants to continue playing what is essentialy 1 up front he dosent need 4 strikers. Out of Kuyt, Torres, Crouch and Voronin I know which one i would be least upset to see leave, and it aint the spaniard. And if we do get caught short, just give Nemeth a chance.
      Kuyt is a tricky one for me. Yes he does work extremley hard for the team, but is that what we really need from a striker? Granted he is being played out of position which is going to hamper his game, but in my eyes he is our 3rd choice striker behind torres and crouch. Possibly even 4th behind babel. If Kuyt exit was part of an exchange deal to bring in a world class right winger i wouldnt object. We got gerrard and mascherano for the muscle and work rate. But I wouldnt like to see him just sold for hard cash, even if that hard cash could fund a world class RW.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #67: May 06, 2008 09:53:20 pm
      Why not the likes of Kasey Keller. Ask him this, Kasey instead of picking the ball out of the fulham net every week because your playing for a sh*t team. Why not come sit on the bench of a quality team. Play a handful of games every season and pick up a medal at the end of it.

Interesting angle. But very funny  :lmao:

As for the rest.

I think Pennant should stay. Finnan should stay. Alonso should stay. Crouch should stay. Riise should stay.
      Dont forget we need a big squad. Even if we keep Finnan and Riise as just squad players, its extra numbers and would know that when they come on the pitch they are capable of doing the job.

Unless they're staying for free, it will be a waste of monthly income.  :f_doh:

The crouch one is totaly down to him. It depends if rafa can persuade him to stay. I can see why he wants to leave for more first team football, which is fair enough, but if its to get more international football, well hes been getting picked for England on a regular basis from the liverpool bench anyway.

I said it elsewhere that Crouch looks better being benched by Torres in Liverpool FC, than leaving and ending up being being benched in any of the 'Remaining 16' clubs, like say being benched by John Carew in Aston Villa etc.

Quick Reply