Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Summer Friendlies or tournaments

Read 10802 times
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Summer Friendlies or tournaments
      Reply #46: Jun 06, 2008 12:15:46 am
      yer deffo ;)

Yer, im sure it wont be too much trouble getting a ticket as long as your on the ball as to when they go on sale ...debatable whether you will be able to pay on the door though .
      MsGerrard
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2008 12:20:44 am
      yer deffo ;)

Yer, im sure it wont be too much trouble getting a ticket as long as your on the ball as to when they go on sale ...debatable whether you will be able to pay on the door though .

We'll rely on MrTommo for that info  ;) he's the man in the know for the ticket situation ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Jun 17, 2008 02:40:57 pm
      REDS ANNOUNCE TWO FRIENDLY FIXTURES

Paul Hassall 17 June 2008 

Liverpool have announced two friendly matches they will play as part of their training camp in Switzerland ahead of the build-up to the 2008/2009 season. 
      Rafael Benitez's side will kick-off their annual pre-season visit to the country with a match against FC Lucerne on July 16 before taking on Polish side Wisla Krakow three days later.

Liverpool's pre-season fixture schedule for Switzerland:

Wednesday July 16. v. FC Lucerne at Grenchen (Switzerland, Bruehl-Stadium) kick-off 7.35pm CET

Saturday July 19. v. Wisla Krakow at Fribourg (Switzerland, St-Leonard-Stadium) kick-off 6pm CET 

*************************************************************************************

I'm getting excited about the prospect of the new season and when I see friendly games being organised, I know the season's not to far away.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Jun 17, 2008 02:50:45 pm
      Cant wait for the villareal match, i'll get to see mati fernandez in action hopefully he's one of my favourite players :D maybe he'll impress rafa ;D
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #50: Jun 17, 2008 02:54:15 pm
      Think Rafa will want the majority of his signings done by then. Hopefully hear of some new faces between now and the first week of July.

Thank god its only one more month until we see the redmen in action again.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: Jun 17, 2008 02:58:29 pm
      I would like a tournement at Anfield like the Ajax one. May be when the new stadium is built ehh? which will be great as I will get in for free being a pensioner by then (FFS). 
      Anyone feel the same?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Jun 17, 2008 03:05:41 pm
      I would like a tournament at Anfield like the Ajax one. May be when the new stadium is built ehh? which will be great as I will get in for free being a pensioner by then (FFS). 
      Anyone feel the same?

I'll probably be in my box by the time the new stadium is built Red Puppy  ::)

Would be nice though..........they should have something as a pre-season opener to celebrate the new stadium.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #53: Jun 17, 2008 03:12:50 pm
      I'll probably be in my box by the time the new stadium is built Red Puppy  ::)

Would be nice though..........they should have something as a pre-season opener to celebrate the new stadium.

Your Getting a Box at Anfield!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! you just won the lottery then? :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Jun 17, 2008 03:33:47 pm
      Your Getting a Box at Anfield!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! you just won the lottery then? :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: I wish !!

Actually I haven't checked my ticket from Saturday night yet, so I might have done and with my luck......... well I did win the signed Stevie G/Jamie C shirt at the Charity Night  ;D and I've also won on the premium bonds today, so things come in three's don't they.........now where's that ticket ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Jun 17, 2008 04:53:46 pm
      Cant wait till the pre season games, enjoyed them alot last season. It was a shame to see riise couldnt take him pre season form into the premiership he was great pre season.

Cant wait to see how the new signings do up against top quality opposition in villareal and atletico, and most of all i cant wait to see Agger back in action.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #56: Jun 17, 2008 04:58:21 pm
      Cant wait till the pre season games, enjoyed them alot last season. It was a shame to see riise couldnt take him pre season form into the premiership he was great pre season.

Cant wait to see how the new signings do up against top quality opposition in villareal and atletico, and most of all I cant wait to see Agger back in action.

Lets hope he'll be 100% again. What sort of number of friendlies are we looking at pre-season?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #57: Jun 17, 2008 04:59:16 pm
      Lets hope he'll be 100% again. What sort of number of friendlies are we looking at pre-season?

About 4-6 I reckon.
      TheSpecialOne
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -1 
      Reply #58: Jun 17, 2008 05:08:41 pm
      Villareal game should give us a good chance to see just how good of a finisher that Nihat is.
      Quality goal for the turks against the czecs
      poor Petr Cech hey ha ha ha the f***in grape head
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #59: Jun 17, 2008 05:11:05 pm
      Villareal game should give us a good chance to see just how good of a finisher that Nihat is.

Hopefully not, Agger will have him in his back pocket he wont even get a shot ;)
      TheSpecialOne
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -1 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2008 05:13:25 pm
      without a doubt
      cant wait to see Agger again actually  :D
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #61: Jun 17, 2008 05:43:47 pm
      Ive just received conformation that I have wangled two corporate places for the Gers game. I have been to Ibrox many times before on junkets, care of suppliers, the food is fantastic, can't f***in wait to silence once and for good, all  the sweaty socks I work with!
      The sh*t I have to endure week in week out about how well Rangers and Celtic would do in the prem, and how they would easily be in the top four, stupid cu*ts!
      I'm going to spend the intervening period taking bets with any mug colleague who fancies his chances, but unfortunately they are big on talk and most reluctant to put their hands in their pockets! (typical sweaty socks)
      COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Jun 17, 2008 05:48:58 pm
      Are we going to play crewe and wrexham like usual?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2008 12:46:08 pm
      REDS CONFIRM FRIENDLY IN BERLIN
      Paul Eaton 18 June 2008

Liverpool have today confirmed they will round-off their pre-season training camp with a friendly against Hertha Berlin.
      The game, which will be staged in the German capital's Olympic Stadium, will take place on Tuesday July 22, 2008, with a 7.45pm kick-off (local time).

"We are delighted to be playing a game against Hertha Berlin as part of our pre-season training camp," said manager Rafael Benitez.

"We always like to play against good quality opposition as these games form a vital part of our preparations for the new season."

The Reds have already confirmed games against FC Lucerne in Grenchen on July 16, Wisla Krakow in Friborg (July 19) and Villarreal in Spain (July 30) as part of their pre-season programme.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #64: Jun 18, 2008 12:51:15 pm
      Glad we're playing a couple of decent sides like Villareal and Hertha. Good to see the newbies in a bit of a challenge before the season starts.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #65: Jun 19, 2008 04:19:36 pm
      RANGERS Football Club can confirm a high-profile pre-season friendly has been arranged with English Premiership side Liverpool on Saturday 2 August.
      http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1331187,00.html

Rafa Benitez, Liverpool managerWalter Smith's men will warm up for the 2008/09 campaign with a mouth-watering match against Rafa Benitez's side at Ibrox.

The likes of Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Dirk Kuyt will all be on show in the game, which kicks off at 3pm.

Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain said: "We are pleased to confirm Liverpool will be heading to Ibrox as part of our pre-season programme in early August.

"Like Rangers, they are a club with a rich history and tradition and I know our fans will enjoy watching players of the calibre of Gerrard and Torres.

"We enjoyed a terrific game with Chelsea last pre-season and Liverpool will provide another great test for Walter and his players as they prepare for the new campaign."
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #66: Jun 19, 2008 05:28:49 pm
      Games so far : 

July 16: v FC Lucerne (Grenchen)
      July 19: v Wisla Krakow (Friborg)
      July 22: v Hertha Berlin (Berlin)
      July 30: v Villarreal (Villarreal)
      August 2: v Rangers (Glasgow)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160273080619-1538.htm
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #67: Jun 19, 2008 05:56:17 pm
      Definately looking at the Hertha Berlin match for myself, and maybe the Wisla Krakow one before it.
      Probably look at going to the Rangers one also.

Anyone else up for pre season ?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #68: Jun 19, 2008 05:58:07 pm
      Possibly the Rangers game for me hopefully. Bit skint.

Quick Reply