Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15753 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Benitez wants £15million for Crouch
      Reply #46: May 12, 2008 12:06:01 am
      No the argument here is why are we asking for 15 million for Crouch. The likes of you are saying hes not worth it hes no David Villa the likes of me are saying 15 mill is spot on if sh*te like Bent can go for 16 million or if Wigan can say we want 10 million for Antonio Valencia!! Dont forget Crouch has done well for us hes not a piece of sh*t and nobody here as said he is an Etoo or a Villa but show the lad some f***in respect
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #47: May 12, 2008 12:23:16 am
      No the argument here is why are we asking for 15 million for Crouch. The likes of you are saying hes not worth it hes no David Villa the likes of me are saying 15 mill is spot on if sh*te like Bent can go for 16 million or if Wigan can say we want 10 million for Antonio Valencia!! Dont forget Crouch has done well for us hes not a piece of sh*t and nobody here as said he is an Etoo or a Villa but show the lad some f***in respect

:D

Calm down lad, I've always given him support and no need to swear. The thing is, Darren Bent is probably better than Peter Crouch just that he joined the wrong club. Crouch only plays for England because he can add something different due to his height, if he was 5 inches smaller he'd be playing for Reading... sorry :(
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #48: May 12, 2008 12:46:50 am
      Crouch is not just a good striker, the man is a god at holding the ball, he gives any defense nightmares with his height and I believe why he splits people (both on and off the field) is because of how different he is. I just wish we would all embrace the different qualities he offers us, and let the other teams worry about how to contain him and why we have him in our ranks. In an ideal world, Rafa's 15 million will not be met, will not budge for toffee, and Crouch will get a look-in come next season. But fantasy over, this is not an ideal world is it, and more likely the 15m is just the opening salvo for Rafa looking to get as much as he can for a player he knows most of the also rans would kill for. Benitez doesn't look like an upscale banker in those suits of his for nothing you know, the man is often under rated in his second most important role- as savvy businessman. Crouch would be logically good business sense, which is sad since from day one I've been a fan...hopefully I wont have to be one of many wishing him the best come the end of the transfer market and the start of the season. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: May 12, 2008 01:14:20 am
      Peter Crouch may be a good striker - in fact a very unique type of striker that can add a different dimension to the attack, but he's not top class like Torres is.

But then £15m these days doesn't buy you a top class striker like Torres. So it's silly to compare Crouch with Torres etc where price is concerned. And it's worth noting that Villa and Eto'o are not proven Premier League players.

£15m isn't a bad price for Crouch though. We've made him into a far better player since he's been with us and I've found it hard to reason why he hasn't had more of a look in in the latter stages of the season. Because on the few occasions he has played, he's usually scored and made space for other players.

It seems like he's on his way though. And the main reason being is that he wants 90 mins every week. There's no guarantee he's going to get that at Liverpool, but yet he's proven when given the chance that he can be very effective for us. So other teams will have to be prepared to invest in a decent striker who is better than when he first joined LFC.

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #50: May 12, 2008 09:38:25 am
      I don't think we'll win the League next season, but we will go close. 

We were 4 or say comfortably, 5 games from winning it this season. Actually think we can do it next season.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #51: May 14, 2008 02:06:22 am
      yes totally agree good pro and the best of luck if he does go
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #52: May 14, 2008 08:29:56 am
      I would love to see us REALLY challenge for the league next year, and I think selling peter Crouch is a sideways step, I could potentially give us the money to sign quality and if the players bought from Crouch' s sale were quality it would be a step forwards, but if Rafa chooses the wrong player, or is forced to choose second rate players, it will be a backwards step for LFC.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #53: May 14, 2008 08:38:52 am
      I would love to see us REALLY challenge for the league next year, and I think selling peter Crouch is a sideways step, I could potentially give us the money to sign quality and if the players bought from Crouch's sale were quality it would be a step forwards, but if Rafa chooses the wrong player, or is forced to choose second rate players, it will be a backwards step for LFC.

It really depends what Rafa plans on doing with the money if he does sell him. If it's money to which he will add another £5-10 million for a top class striker then I say go for it, but if he's looking for a better replacement for the same amount he won't find one IMO. Crouch may not be world class, but he's still a damn good striker for me.

Still, unless he's going to bump Babel from winger to striker (could happen), then he'll need to buy another striker, because I don't see a Torres-Voronin or Torres-Kuyt partnership bringing us the title.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #54: May 14, 2008 08:42:47 am
      It really depends what Rafa plans on doing with the money if he does sell him. If it's money to which he will add another £5-10 million for a top class striker then I say go for it, but if he's looking for a better replacement for the same amount he won't find one IMO. Crouch may not be world class, but he's still a damn good striker for me.

Still, unless he's going to bump Babel from winger to striker (could happen), then he'll need to buy another striker, because I don't see a Torres-Voronin or Torres-Kuyt partnership bringing us the title.

Agree total ayrton77, We need another top class striker, and if Rafa goes for another good player, he won't find a striker as good as Crouch for 15mil, maybe we should ask more for him  ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #55: May 14, 2008 08:43:34 am
      Agree total ayrton77, We need another top class striker, and if Rafa goes for another good player, he won't find a striker as good as Crouch for 15mil, maybe we should ask more for him  ;D

We can always try asking Chelsea for £40 million, eh!  ;)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #56: May 14, 2008 08:44:54 am
      We can always try asking Chelsea for £40 million, eh!  ;)
      They've got plenty to dish out why not try 30mil+cole.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #57: May 14, 2008 08:50:24 am
      They've got plenty to dish out why not try 30mil+cole.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #58: May 14, 2008 04:32:33 pm
      If we can get a Italian side to show interest or another top European team surely at under 19m euros, it would be a bargain.  Obviously it depends if he wants to go abroad. 
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #59: May 16, 2008 09:35:35 am
      Could Crouch be on his way to sunny Spain? From SkySports:

Villarreal quiet on duo
      General director declines to comment on Crouch and Campbell

Villarreal have declined to comment on speculation linking them with a summer move for Peter Crouch and Sol Campbell.

The Primera Liga outfit are keen to strengthen their attack and defence as they prepare for next season's participation in the UEFA Champions League.

Former Arsenal defender Pascal Cygan is expected to leave El Madrigal at the end of the current campaign, while 21-year-old centre-back Martin Caceres is expected to return after an impressive loan spell with Recreativo Huelva.

However, Villarreal general director Jose Manuel Llaneza has hinted that there will be further activity in the transfer market and Liverpool striker Crouch and Portsmouth defender Campbell are thought to be targets.

"We are working on some names, but we never disclose details in the press," Llaneza told Skysports.com.

"In a few weeks we want to complete our squad ahead of a big campaign in Europe. This will be our challenge next season."
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #60: May 19, 2008 08:18:46 pm
      Don't delude yourself, a top class striker is someone like Villa, Torres or Eto'o. Peter Crouch is a good striker, not top class.

Thanks

I just hate the way some of our players can be so overrated by our own fans. There is a reason why we finished 4th and won nothing, now we need to wake up and realise who is actually good enough for us and who isn't, Crouch isn't and that's a good start!

Calm down lad, I've always given him support and no need to swear. The thing is, Darren Bent is probably better than Peter Crouch just that he joined the wrong club. Crouch only plays for England because he can add something different due to his height, if he was 5 inches smaller he'd be playing for Reading... sorry :(

Are you confused? First you say that Crouch is a good striker and then you say that he's only in the England squad because he's tall. I'm tall, does that mean I'll get an England call up soon?

He's not in the England squad because he's tall he's in their because he is a quality striker who offers another dimension of football for not just England, but for Liverpool. This is what annoys me, you say that Bent could have been better than Crouch if he joined Liverpool, well Bent has scored 8 goals this season. You would be saying the exact same about Bent if he performed like that at Liverpool and you would critise him like you are doing Crouch.

Why is Crouch in the England squad and Bent barely gets a start? Simple. Crouch is better than Bent because not only does he offer the team another dimension but he also has a good finish (Aston Villa this season is a good example). Give the lad a chance. With the little chances he's had this season he's still managed to score into the double figures against the likes of Arsenal.

Did you say last season that Crouch wasn't good enough when he was getting the starts to score sufficent enough goals for you?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #61: May 19, 2008 08:34:13 pm
      Crouch doesnt fit into the 4-3-2-1 system we use now and i like this system so if its a fight between torres and crouch pete may aswell leave. The only way i would change the system is if a world class stiker arrived like david villa and in my opinion crouch just aint world class
      IB
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #62: May 19, 2008 08:37:31 pm
      Crouch doesnt fit into the 4-3-2-1 system we use now and I like this system so if its a fight between torres and crouch pete may aswell leave. The only way I would change the system is if a world class stiker arrived like david villa and in my opinion crouch just aint world class

No he's not world class, but what if Torres gets injured? The whole 4-2-3-1 system wud screw up. We need Crouchie in case that happens so we can go to 4-4-2. We did it against Arsenal in the champions league and it worked.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #63: May 19, 2008 08:44:31 pm
      No he's not world class, but what if Torres gets injured? The whole 4-2-3-1 system wud screw up. We need Crouchie in case that happens so we can go to 4-4-2. We did it against Arsenal in the champions league and it worked.

Yea good point, he's good backup but surly 15mill for a backup player is a fantastic deal, i would go as low as 11mill personally as i think it can contribute towards wingers who we need. Also it could give nemeth a chance of a few games in the first team which can only help the lads overall game
      IB
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #64: May 19, 2008 08:49:06 pm
      Hmm yeah he is a good backup player although he doesn't deserve to be a backup. Personally myself I wouldn't sink to as low as 11million, when the likes of Darren Bent go for 17 million. Crouch offers ALOT more than Darren Bent.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #65: May 19, 2008 09:00:26 pm
      I'll be very happy if come the start of the season the big man is still a red .But if hes not no one can blame him he needs regular football to get his england shirt back.And when hes playing well for england hes playing well for the pool
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #66: May 19, 2008 09:13:47 pm
      Hmm yeah he is a good backup player although he doesn't deserve to be a backup. Personally myself I wouldn't sink to as low as 11million, when the likes of Darren Bent go for 17 million. Crouch offers ALOT more than Darren Bent.

Very true bent shined at charlton but has been found out at spurs he's not even national standard, crouch is good enough to get into the england squad IMO bent isnt
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #67: May 19, 2008 10:14:56 pm
      If the rumours are true about spurs preparing to table a bid of 15 mil for Dean Ashton then surely Crouchs price has just gone up again ...........
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #68: May 19, 2008 10:33:46 pm
      Dean Ashton is a good player but hasnt really had the chance to show it yet in the premiership due to injuries. Plus the fact that Tottenham are paying silly money at the moment means we cant really use this as a benchmark for how much we should be looking for Crouch.

I wouldn't say that £15mil is unreasonable it's just how long do we hold out before a deal cant be done with anyone and we end up losing him on a free

Quick Reply