Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15485 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Benitez wants £15million for Crouch
      Reply #69: May 20, 2008 05:26:49 pm
      In reality it is a fair price but seeing as bent went for like 17mill, (more than henry went for) then crouch should go for around 25mill. I dont want to see the beanpole leave unless we are able to sign a player like david villa or aguero to partner torres though
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #70: Jun 24, 2008 11:01:59 am
      In the daily express today, it said that:

Liverpool last night turned down a £9m offer from Portsmouth for England striker Peter Crouch. Pompey manager Harry Redknapp wants Crouch, 27, to partner Jermaine Defoe.
      The package guaranteed Liverpool an initial £7m with a further £2m based on appearances but Anfield boss Rafa Benitez insists he still wants around £12m.

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #71: Jun 24, 2008 11:16:38 pm
      Crouchie has been a tremendous servant to LFC and his attitude throughout has been excellent. The only way I would want him to leave is if he wants to. God knows he deserves better than to be a bench-warmer. Unfortunately the system that worked for us last season with Torres alone upfront doesn't leave room for him to start. Yet everytime he has come off the bench he has created problems for our opposition and scored his fair share as well.

I feel comparisons between him and Bent are a bit off as the only thing they have in common is that they are strikers; yet they play a totally different style.

I would be happy if he stayed but IMO he will leave to get regular starting 11 footie. I wish him all the best and say a BIG thank you for the time he was here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #72: Jun 24, 2008 11:25:47 pm

I feel comparisons between him and Bent are a bit off as the only thing they have in common is that they are strikers

They have a few more thiings in common:

both english and both male but unfortunalty that does'nt really effect the price
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #73: Jun 24, 2008 11:30:05 pm
      Just offer us 12 Harry and we can get this deal done.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #74: Jun 24, 2008 11:32:16 pm
      Just offer us 12 Harry and we can get this deal done.

Too true mate. These dragged out transfers are getting to me but not as much as the Bentley and Barry transfer sagas...  ::)
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #75: Jun 25, 2008 10:30:45 am
      I think 12mil is reasonable.Let the lad go
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #76: Jun 25, 2008 11:11:54 am
      Its hardly as is pompy are strapped for cash, i think we'll see a 12mill bid soon
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #77: Jun 25, 2008 01:26:21 pm
      He won't be held to ransom he says.  And neither will we.  £12 million take it or leave it Mr. Redknapp.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #78: Jun 25, 2008 01:58:49 pm
      Sadly we're in a very poor bargaining position.  :(
      scouse9999
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 25, 2008 05:46:47 pm
      i think if we get 10 mil that is a good amount and should just let him go
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #80: Jun 25, 2008 05:58:48 pm
      I agree.......he's worth far more, but as JD said earlier, when you allow someone to run down their contract, then you're gonna have problems getting a decent fee for them.

I think 9 or 10 million is very good money for someone who will be pretty much worthless by Christmas time.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #81: Jun 25, 2008 06:13:57 pm
      we have to consider he has only 1 year to be on a free transfer,,if rafa do not offer a new contract and crouchy accepts
        so at the moment i think 10/12 mill is not bad  if we  want to let him go
       pompey affered 9mill. already so they are not very much far  from 10/12
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: Jun 26, 2008 12:58:39 pm
      I think that 9 million will increase to about 11 maybe. Was a good starting bid i'd say, not taking a cheap shot at us.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #83: Jun 26, 2008 05:28:08 pm
      Portsmouth dont have the money to bid more, Redknapp already said £9 million is the most they will offer. I can see him going for a bit more to someone else
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #84: Jun 27, 2008 01:39:34 am
      I am beginning to think that these so-called clubs that want to challenge the top four for a champions league positions like being cherry picked.  As here is a striker that has proven that he can score goals at the top level, he will certainly cause havoc in the opposition’s box, and more importantly will be one the most certain players to refuse an offer from a top 4 club if it ever came.  As he really wants to play first team football and has sampled playing for the best.  So all in all there is a very effective player available for the long term.  And the interest is pathetic, OK, the window hasn’t even opened yet.  But someone will get a bargain and if a club that really believe in challenging the top clubs would work a lot faster surely under the circumstances they will win the battle for his signature.  Rant over!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Re: Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)
      Reply #85: Jun 29, 2008 10:12:32 pm

Benitez: '£15 million and I'll throw in an hour with my facial hair stylist.'
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #86: Jun 29, 2008 11:56:24 pm
      Makes me laugh, Every player we go in for, we are told the offer is an insult and derisory. Every player we have for sale we are told we've overvalued them and they're only worth half the amount. It doesn't seem to happen else where, just to L.F.C.  What the F**k is going on ? is there a conspiracy or something ? If Crouchie doesn't figure in Rafa's plans, it doesn't mean he's a lesser player. He's still one of the best strikers currently in the prem. He has to be worth every penny of £ 16 mill. Get yer dosh out if you want him, and stop fannying about.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #87: Jun 30, 2008 12:03:25 am
      Makes me laugh, Every player we go in for, we are told the offer is an insult and derisory. Every player we have for sale we are told we've overvalued them and they're only worth half the amount. It doesn't seem to happen else where, just to L.F.C.  What the F**k is going on ? is there a conspiracy or something ? If Crouchie doesn't figure in Rafa's plans, it doesn't mean he's a lesser player. He's still one of the best strikers currently in the prem. He has to be worth every penny of £ 16 mill. Get yer dosh out if you want him, and stop fannying about.

Well exactly.  We're at the start of the summer where everybody is haggling for a bit money.

We want Barry but we need to pay more.
      They want Crouch but they have to pay more.

As pre-season approaches clubs will slowly realise that keeping unhappy players is a foolish option.

Crouch will go for less than £15 million and Barry will arrive for less than £20 million.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #88: Jun 30, 2008 01:09:47 am
      Well exactly.  We're at the start of the summer where everybody is haggling for a bit money.

We want Barry but we need to pay more.
      They want Crouch but they have to pay more.

As pre-season approaches clubs will slowly realise that keeping unhappy players is a foolish option.

Crouch will go for less than £15 million and Barry will arrive for less than £20 million.
      If Barry arrives for £15mill or less i will be very happy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #89: Jun 30, 2008 12:44:50 pm
      If Barry arrives for £15mill or less I will be very happy.

i'd be very happy if he does'nt arrive at all
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #90: Jul 03, 2008 11:28:56 am
      http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23506998-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&

Redknapp reckons £10m will bring Anfield striker Crouch to Portsmouth
      Last updated at 11:11am on 03.07.08

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is ready to make a final offer of £10million to Liverpool for striker Peter Crouch.
      Redknapp had a £9m bid rejected last week but refuses to pay Rafa Benitez's £15m asking price.

Redknapp believes £10m is realistic considering England international Crouch has less than 12 months left on his Anfield contract.
      Scroll down for more

Kop out: Crouch could be waving goodbye to Anfield

Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie told The ***: 'Harry has made it clear he wants Peter Crouch.
      'He's the sort of quality we want to add we're not giving up.'

Redknapp has made Crouch his top transfer target after a contract row with Kanu, who wants a two-year extension rather than 12 months.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

Crouch is smart. he will prefer to play for portsmouth than go to White hart lane. That way he gets to play in the UEFA Cup and also shine. He's just gonna get better. Too bad we're letting him go.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #91: Jul 03, 2008 02:00:52 pm
      Although I don't really want Crouchie to go, for his own sake and that of his England career, it is probably the best move for him, after all he doesn't want another season of sitting warming the bench at Anfield does he?

If we've been offered 10 million for him by Portsmouth I think we should accept that, after all, once his contract's up he'll be off anyway, so from past experience take the money and run, at least then, that money can go towards someone else who will fit in with Rafa's 4 - 3 - 2 -  1 formation that was so successful in the latter half of last season.

To be honest with you, I think about 10 mill is about right for Crouchie.

After all, some of the money that clubs are demanding for their players ie: 20 mill for Barry is absolutely ludicrous.
      It has to stop somewhere..............i t shouldn't all be about money :f_steam:

Quick Reply