Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked

Read 16936 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked
      Reply #138: Nov 03, 2009 09:41:05 am
      F**k off Whelan. Stupid c**t.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #139: Nov 03, 2009 10:01:53 am
      Icon to Reviled! Happy now you P***k. :action-smiley-060:
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #140: Nov 03, 2009 12:27:10 pm
      Here we go again, slating one of our greatest players over a supposed quote. Firstly, I believe Whelan has been misquoted with regards to the amount of money spent in relation to Mourinho. Secondly, these comments were made after the Fulham game and Whelan, like most Liverpool fans was angry at the crazy decision to substitute Torres and Yossi. A decision that cost us the game. Turning on a former player because he is saying all the things we're thinking is crazy. These ex-palyers can't all be wrong and you know it. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #141: Nov 03, 2009 12:30:59 pm
      Here we go again, slating one of our greatest players over a supposed quote. Firstly, I believe Whelan has been misquoted with regards to the amount of money spent in relation to Mourinho. Secondly, these comments were made after the Fulham game and Whelan, like most Liverpool fans was angry at the crazy decision to substitute Torres and Yossi. A decision that cost us the game. Turning on a former player because he is saying all the things we're thinking is crazy. These ex-palyers can't all be wrong and you know it. 

He does's have history with coming out with this sh*t, can't be misquoted all the time!
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #142: Nov 03, 2009 12:36:12 pm
      He does's have history with coming out with this sh*t, can't be misquoted all the time!

Maybe so, but some of the comments here are well over the top.
      Fair enough if people don't agree with Whelan but there's no call for some of the utter sh*te people are coming out with. Ex-players are entitled to their opinions however unpopular.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #143: Nov 03, 2009 12:38:16 pm
      Maybe so, but some of the comments here are well over the top.
      Fair enough if people don't agree with Whelan but there's no call for some of the utter sh*te people are coming out with. Ex-players are entitled to their opinions however unpopular.

Except when that ex-player has no actual top-class managerial experience, but thinks he knows best!

Great player in his day, but I wish they'd keep the F***ing mouths shut at times.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #144: Nov 03, 2009 12:51:05 pm
      Except when that ex-player has no actual top-class managerial experience, but thinks he knows best!

Great player in his day, but I wish they'd keep the F***ing mouths shut at times.

He can't keep his mouth shut when he's part of a TV panel. He gets paid to answer questions and offer his opinion. I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with him but some of the stuff people are saying about him on this blog is complete disrespect. He's been called everything from a c**t to a Manc supporter, same thing really but you know what I mean.
      Whelan is still a legend in my book.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #145: Nov 03, 2009 01:22:04 pm
      He can't keep his mouth shut when he's part of a TV panel. He gets paid to answer questions and offer his opinion. I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with him but some of the stuff people are saying about him on this blog is complete disrespect. He's been called everything from a c**t to a Manc supporter, same thing really but you know what I mean.
      Whelan is still a legend in my book.

I haven't questioned him as a player, but when he freely admits during a question/answer session of an after-dinner speech that he has always supported the mancs, was happy to have scored THAT own goal at Old Trafford what do you expect people to think!

Also you say he's part of a TV panel in F***ing Ireland! Why doesn't he say these things when he appears on LFC TV. To me he changes tack depending what tv station he's on.

That is not an honest opinion in my book.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #146: Nov 03, 2009 01:32:53 pm
      Whelan may be a legend Kop Kid but he's wrong, Yeah he's entitled to his opinion but not when he slates and calls for Rafa's head when he knows F**k all about management, We all have opinions mate but we can't all be managers can we,Whelan should know better than most as a former legend at our club not to wash your laundry in public, I'm sure other ex-players have their opinion too but they don't come out and say it on a football panel regardless of where it's broadcast, Yet another tw*t coming out with bullshit, If you throw enough sh*t somes going to stick and thats just part of what the media thrive on, Last season it was ' Rafa's lost it with his so called rant' At that moaning old f**ker up the East Lancs, This season it's his team selection, sh*t signings, Spent untold millions, A dodgy right back, A crocked Italian, lost the dressing room, etc etc, need i go on?  In your opinion he's still a legend in your book, But not in mine mate not any more.

YNWA    IRWT
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #147: Nov 03, 2009 01:35:39 pm
      Cant believe people are sticking up for him. He said he wanted to play for utd and one of his best memories was scoring an o.g for them at Old trafford!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #148: Nov 03, 2009 01:36:07 pm
      I haven't questioned him as a player, but when he freely admits during a question/answer session of an after-dinner speech that he has always supported the mancs, was happy to have scored THAT own goal at Old Trafford what do you expect people to think!

Also you say he's part of a TV panel in F***ing Ireland! Why doesn't he say these things when he appears on LFC TV. To me he changes tack depending what tv station he's on.

That is not an honest opinion in my book.

It's who is weighing him in and him making the right noises irrespective of former loyalties and respect - the man is not due any credibility whatsoever and should be treated like the F***ing turncoat he is.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #149: Nov 03, 2009 09:29:28 pm
      Heard part of the interview on the radio he was prety scathing
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #150: Nov 03, 2009 11:41:57 pm
      Yet another ex player is quick to job on the bandwagon,remind me how much managergial experience has Whelan had?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #151: Nov 04, 2009 01:25:21 am
      Yet another ex player is quick to job on the bandwagon,remind me how much managergial experience has Whelan had?
      What managerial experience Ronnie Whelan had could not be called a success.I had a lot of time for him as a player but he has gone down as a person in my estimation.Try keeping your gob shut Ronnie and you might get that respect back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #152: Nov 04, 2009 01:32:52 am
      He gets paid to answer questions and offer his opinion.

He gets paid to be controversial - they all do on RTE. They make Sky Sports look serene, conservative and full of intelligence.  Why does he have such an extreme view over on a populist Irish football programme and not when he is over here in Liverpool getting paid to appear on LFC.TV?

I'd love to hear him come out with that on the official channel.  Or maybe a little turn at the Liverpool supporters club.

He wouldn't because he is a shitbag.

Put your club before your fellow countryman.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #153: Nov 04, 2009 01:50:46 am
      JD have you ever watched analysis on RTE ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #154: Nov 04, 2009 02:09:00 am
      JD have you ever watched analysis on RTE ?

Only some of the hilarious Champions League rants.

I wouldn't describe it as 'analysis'.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #155: Nov 04, 2009 02:37:50 am
      Some of the stuff they come out with is comical they Whelan is like a yes man he agrees with whatever Dunphy or Giles say.

Dunphy is the most clueless ''pundit'' you will ever see he contradicts himself over everything one minute Rafa is the greatest manager liverpool have had since Shankley and the next week he has destroyed Liverpool !

I have lost so much respect for Whelan since he has went on RTE he hasnt a clue :mad:

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #156: Nov 04, 2009 08:43:17 am
      Whelan, like all RTE guest 'pundits' are washed out, has-beens. Guesting on the show is one of their very few sources of income and if they don't tow the anti-Liverpool, anti-Rafa line; they risk losing that income. Sadly Whelan often puts money behind moral fortitude.

The whole RTE panel are a F***ing joke to be honest. Giles and Dunphy are a bit like watching a couple of ol' lushes, full of whiskey, at a wake talking sh*te. Dunphy once called Gerrard "a nothing player" without anyone on the panel pulling him. I sent him an e-mail and promised him that when i met him, i'd kick his bollocks in and I told him it would be sooner rather than later. I never got a reply and i haven't met him - yet!  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #157: Nov 04, 2009 09:36:48 am
      ^^ LMAO

I remember that - it's on here somewhere.  Would have loved to have seen his face reading your email!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #158: Nov 05, 2009 10:01:01 pm
       Quote from Wikipedia on Whelan

'His greatest success as a manager, was with Panionios in 1999, when his team reached for first time the quarter finals of a European competition, the Cup Winners Cup, when they were eliminated by SS Lazio with 0–4 and 0–3. He now works on the after-dinner circuit and does a spot of punditry'

Couldn't fit Rafa's achievements on here...........

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #159: Nov 06, 2009 10:16:25 am
      Ronnie has always been one of my favourite players.
      Always a sad moment in a man's life when you realise that one of your heroes is mentally retarded

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #160: Nov 06, 2009 11:40:42 am
      Rafa Benitez (Liverpool FC) 1.93 points per game

Ronnie Whelan (Southend) - 1.18 points per game.

Thanks for the management tips Ronnie.

Quick Reply