Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Plastic fans!

Read 7848 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Plastic fans!
      Reply #23: May 23, 2008 09:09:24 pm
      What are you talking about we had 9 years to save up for the game? Well I didn't have the incredible foresight that you seem to have because I don't actually think that any fans KNEW when we'd reach the final again.

What the F**k ???
      9 years, yes 9 years, and all I hear about is that is was too expensive to go.
      You never thought you'd get to another final - that's a piss poor excuse.
      You had NO intention like the rest of your fans of going more like.

Get your butler to run you a bath will you.............

I prefer a busty blonde in the shower mate.

And by the way, about tickets for Old Trafford.
      Season tickets are on sale now, for the third tier of the North Stand.
      So maybe I am a self rightous know all, but not a gob sh*te plastic fan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #24: May 23, 2008 09:14:27 pm
      The camera never lies.

The atmosphere in Moscow was dismal.  But then when have you ever seen Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge lit up.

No.

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #25: May 23, 2008 09:53:11 pm
      china and japan is a F***ing long way from moscow tho isnt it! And lets face it thats where al the real scum fans live......

Give them there due its a long way to travel .
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #26: May 24, 2008 12:27:02 am

So maybe I am a self rightous know all, but not a gob sh*te plastic fan.

And I am? Thank you for this marvellous insight my character, now I have known many scousers in my time and not all of them have the self righteous streak that you seem to pride yourself on, well this plastic fan was going to Old Trafford (every home game as it happens) when we were completely in your shadow...

And by the way many times I have seen many empty seats at Anfield for Champions League games for the early rounds when you're playing some team we've never heard of, in the old European Cup days I often thought I would love to be in that tournament but because I supported an inferior team I didn't have that luxury...

Even now you still see Champions League games at Anfield where there are empty seats, you don't see that at Old Trafford but lest I forget Liverpool fans are the ONLY real football fans, I know this because scousers keep telling me that...

For your information I have been to many away games where we got totally hammered, I was at Birmingham City when they beat us 5-1, I was at Everton when they beat us 5-0. Hell I was at Old Trafford when Forest beat us 4-0 and West Brom beat us 5-3....

We were in Liverpool's shadow for so long but that ended in 1993 but wouldn't you just know it I had a very bad accident a few weeks later so this plastic fan doesn't go anymore but even when we were in the second division we had the biggest crowds, all those other United fans at those games, were they plastic fans like me as well?...

Actually I was in the US for the semis and the pub was full of United fans but they all had United shirts on but then the next day it was full of fans in Liverpool shirts, on both days all of these 'fans' had American accents, what is your definition of a 'plastic fan' anyway seeing as the only real football fans are Liverpool fans?... 8)...
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2008 01:25:51 am by King Cantona »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: May 24, 2008 03:22:39 am
      And by the way many times I have seen many empty seats at Anfield for Champions League games for the early rounds when you're playing some team we've never heard of, in the old European Cup days I often thought I would love to be in that tournament but because I supported an inferior team I didn't have that luxury...

Even now you still see Champions League games at Anfield where there are empty seats, you don't see that at Old Trafford but lest I forget Liverpool fans are the ONLY real football fans, I know this because scousers keep telling me that...

Rather one fan sitting there screaming his lungs out than 75,000 acting as if there's a funeral on the pitch.

For your information I have been to many away games where we got totally hammered, I was at Birmingham City when they beat us 5-1, I was at Everton when they beat us 5-0. Hell I was at Old Trafford when Forest beat us 4-0 and West Brom beat us 5-3....

Woopy! You's got hammered! That doesnt mean devotion to your club you ignorant tit. You go to support your team not knowing the outcome but still believing they can win and if they get hammered it doesnt mean you showed true support by being there.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: May 24, 2008 04:51:20 am
      Otherwise Derby fans would be the best in the world :P
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #29: May 24, 2008 12:45:39 pm
      Rather one fan sitting there screaming his lungs out than 75,000 acting as if there's a funeral on the pitch.

Woopy! You's got hammered! That doesnt mean devotion to your club you ignorant tit. You go to support your team not knowing the outcome but still believing they can win and if they get hammered it doesnt mean you showed true support by being there.

Yeah well it seems to that in the eyes of Liverool fans that the only REAL fans are you lot and by the way calling me an ignorant tit isn't going to have much of  an effect on me because you have already proved to me that you are an idiot who's opinions certainly don't strike me as intelligent...

The point I was making (that seemed to go WAY over your head) was that this so called 'plastic fan' was going long before United got successful so once again, what exactly is your definition of a plastic fan?.,.

And if you didn't realise that that was the point I was making then it doesn't say much for your intelligence does it?...

It strikes me that now that Liverpool are relatively unsuccessful that many of you are falling back on the 'we've got the best fans' position. Well you have some of the worst fans and some of the best fans and so has every other team...
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #30: May 24, 2008 02:50:34 pm
      Even now you still see Champions League games at Anfield where there are empty seats, you don't see that at Old Trafford but lest I forget Liverpool fans are the ONLY real football fans

Put your dummy back in!

Liverpool are not the only real supports. Teams like Newcastle (Albeit impatient), Man City, Besiktas, Havent and Waterlooville all have fantastic support.

As for the empty seats. Pure bollocks. Every CL game always sells out. How do I know this? I can never get a ticket.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: May 24, 2008 03:06:53 pm
      Put your dummy back in!

Liverpool are not the only real supports. Teams like Newcastle (Albeit impatient), Man City, Besiktas, Havent and Waterlooville all have fantastic support.

As for the empty seats. Pure bollocks. Every CL game always sells out. How do I know this? I can never get a ticket.

Seconded, you can never get a ticket for the CL games, you can just about get a ticket for a qualifier and then its sold out by the time the match is played.
      The empty seats are for UEFA safety rules around the edge of the pitch.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: May 24, 2008 03:13:07 pm
      Seconded, you can never get a ticket for the CL games, you can just about get a ticket for a qualifier and then its sold out by the time the match is played.
      The empty seats are for UEFA safety rules around the edge of the pitch.

Aye!

Only CL game I was able to get a ticket for was Toulouse at home.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: May 24, 2008 03:25:38 pm
      It strikes me that now that Liverpool are relatively unsuccessful that many of you are falling back on the 'we've got the best fans' position. Well you have some of the worst fans and some of the best fans and so has every other team...

;D saying every fans are the same - when they obviously aren't - says a lot about your own team's fans... if United had such good fans you would be saying they are the best! :P
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #34: May 24, 2008 03:51:29 pm
      Quote from: King Cantona on Today at 12:45:39 PM
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Since the year 2000 we have won....

Football Association Challenge Cup Winners
      2000-01  2005-06 

League Cup Winners
      2000-01 2002-03 

Football Association Charity Shield Winners
      2001 2006

European Cup Winners
      2004-05

UEFA Cup Winners
      2000-01

European Super Cup Winners
      2001 2005

And the Reserves
      Reserves Division One Winners
      1999-2000 2007-08

FA Youth Cup Winners
      2005-06  2006-07

Thats 10 1st team trophies and 4 reserve team trophies.  :action-smiley-055:
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #35: May 24, 2008 05:13:07 pm
      Quote from: King Cantona on Today at 12:45:39 PM
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Since the year 2000 we have won....

Football Association Challenge Cup Winners
      2000-01  2005-06 

League Cup Winners
      2000-01 2002-03 

Football Association Charity Shield Winners
      2001 2006

European Cup Winners
      2004-05

UEFA Cup Winners
      2000-01

European Super Cup Winners
      2001 2005

And the Reserves
      Reserves Division One Winners
      1999-2000 2007-08

FA Youth Cup Winners
      2005-06  2006-07

Thats 10 1st team trophies and 4 reserve team trophies.  :action-smiley-055:

Maybe you missed the word 'RELATIVELY'........

The team I remember from the seventies and eighties would be ashamed that there hasn't even been one league title in that list...

So I say again, Liverpool have been RELATIVELY unsuccesful for years...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #36: May 24, 2008 05:23:09 pm
      Put your dummy back in!

Everone's got good fans except United, that's what you really mean isn't it? When you can't compete on the pitch you think you can on the terraces, to pour scorn on Liverpool's claim to be the BEST fans in the world, even when I am right to do so gets me accused of spitting my dummy out. Liverpool's claim to be the best fans in the world deserves a place alongside the myth that all football fans in Manchester support City, these are both inventions of Scousers who have nothing better to do as they watch United rack up 10 title wins since your last title...

Sour grapes I call it...................... ....
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #37: May 24, 2008 05:31:44 pm
      Maybe you missed the word 'RELATIVELY'........

The team I remember from the seventies and eighties would be ashamed that there hasn't even been one league title in that list...

So I say again, Liverpool have been RELATIVELY unsuccessful for years...

10 trophies in 8 years, RELITIVLY unsuccessful, and according to MUFC website you have ...8 so ManU are unsuccessful? No of course they are not they are very successful, but then we would be  :o more :o successful in winning silver wear since the millennium..
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #38: May 24, 2008 05:34:52 pm
      Only on tv, like the most of the plastic mancs.
      I cannot for the life of me understand, that, for a team who have 75,000 + fans for home matches, cannot sell out, or be over subscribed for tickets to the greatest spectacle a supporter can go to for their beloved team.
      I mean, Utd had 9 years to save up for this match, Liverpool supporters (if we'd got to the final) had 360 days. I had an application in for a ticket (and was at Athens), I had my route planned out, and who of been getting home on Sunday.
      Call yourselves supporters ? - My F***ing Arse !!
      Where was the atmosphere ?, I mean, there was more atmosphere on the moon that night, than in the stadium.

How F***ing true are you!! Well true
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: May 24, 2008 05:40:11 pm
      Amazing that a "United Fan" can spend so much time on a Liverpool Football Club forum - and only when they win something  ???   
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #40: May 24, 2008 05:48:22 pm
      Amazing that a "United Fan" can spend so much time on a Liverpool Football Club forum - and only when they win something  ???  

Only when we win something?...

That's all the time nowadays isn't it?...

I'm just standing up for fans of my club, that's all, I"m sure you'd like to slap each other on the back as you all slag United off but I put a different point of view forward, don't you like that?...
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: May 24, 2008 05:49:53 pm
      Only when we win something?...

That's all the time nowadays isn't it?...

I'm just standing up for fans of my club, that's all, I"m sure you'd like to slap each other on the back as you all slag United off but I put a different point of view forward, don't you like that?...

Go back to your United Forum, fans of United and LFC will never agree, so your wasting your time and ours.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #42: May 24, 2008 05:56:31 pm
      Go back to your United Forum, fans of United and LFC will never agree, so your wasting your time and ours.

My time is mine to waste.........

Your time is only wasted if you continue to argue with me....

And that's entirely your choice...

We've got a few months until next season now with no British interest in Euro2008...
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: May 24, 2008 05:57:14 pm
      Everone's got good fans except United, that's what you really mean isn't it? When you can't compete on the pitch you think you can on the terraces, to pour scorn on Liverpool's claim to be the BEST fans in the world, even when I am right to do so gets me accused of spitting my dummy out. Liverpool's claim to be the best fans in the world deserves a place alongside the myth that all football fans in Manchester support City, these are both inventions of Scousers who have nothing better to do as they watch United rack up 10 title wins since your last title...

Sour grapes I call it...................... ....

At what point in my last post did I say United didn't have good fans?

I know quite a few passionate United fans that go to the games regularly and know more songs than just that Viva Ronaldo song (could do with changing the tune now and again by the way, its getting rather tedious). Sadly they are outweighed by the armchairs and the prawn sandwich brigade.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #44: May 24, 2008 06:11:10 pm
      At what point in my last post did I say United didn't have good fans?

I know quite a few passionate United fans that go to the games regularly and know more songs than just that Viva Ronaldo song (could do with changing the tune now and again by the way, its getting rather tedious). Sadly they are outweighed by the armchairs and the prawn sandwich brigade.

Well finally we agree, yes it is true that good fans are never specific to any one team and I will readily admit that by and large Liverpool does have a high proportion of good fans but the again that dioesn't ONLY apply to Liverpool fans...

As regards that viva Ronaldo song, it's gotten entirely on my nerves as well.........
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: May 25, 2008 05:53:34 am
      As regards that viva Ronaldo song, it's gotten entirely on my nerves as well.........

Wont hear that for the Torres song now will you?

Na na na na na na na Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9!

;D ;D

Quick Reply