Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Manchester City's Entire Squad Up For Sale....

Read 3393 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Manchester City's Entire Squad Up For Sale....
      Reply #23: May 17, 2008 09:07:30 am
      As good as he is, i say no. Why? We have Agger, Skrtel Carra and Sami. Sami may only have 1 more season left in him but we dont have 20 million to spend on one player that is a defender. Need to spend wisely this summer.

But if City want rid of stars like Richards... why would they sell for £20 Million?  If they surely think he's not good enough for City.

Just a thought.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: May 17, 2008 10:42:35 am
      But if City want rid of stars like Richards... why would they sell for £20 Million?  If they surely think he's not good enough for City.

Just a thought.

Maybe!

Just a pain in the arse when you've got teams in the league who are gullible enough to pay it! :D We're only a couple of signings off being on par with them, without spending the annual outgoing of a small country! :D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25: May 17, 2008 12:23:45 pm
      Hm, he's going to be one of the best players in the Premiership one day I would say, but I wouldn't like to go anywhere above 15million, considering we have more important signings to make this year.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #26: May 17, 2008 01:18:05 pm

Just a thought.

In simple because they can. Why sell him for less when they can sell him for more, wouldnt make sense. Even thinking he isnt good enough, its like getting a new fone thinking it isnt good enough but knowing you can sell it for alot, your not gonna sell it for less because you think it isnt good.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #27: May 17, 2008 01:45:35 pm
      Im going to make a bold statement and say that micah richards, when he plays at RB is the best in the EPL, i think that the man just doesnt have any weaknesses he seems alomost the complete defender except from experience but that will come through time
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #28: May 17, 2008 10:15:16 pm
      I would love to see Micah Richards in red but we need to spend that cash on offensive players.  Maybe we could do a players with cash or something like that, otherwise i would turn my attentions to wingers and a striker with the big money.  I'm all for Insua being thrown in the deep end, from what i've seen he's capable of it.  Thus then leaving us with the RB which Carra could play @ as Agger and Skrtl could be a cracking partnership in the middle!!  IMO we could get away with three high profile signings and i'm sure we will be right up there next season!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #29: May 17, 2008 10:30:15 pm
      i wouldn't be surprised if that crooked little f**ker shinawatra, or whatever his name is, was to sell of the squad for top dollar, fill the team full of sh*t, and then F**k off with all the cash!!

thank F**k he never came here!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #30: May 18, 2008 12:50:37 am
      Thaksin told City's website: "There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations.

"I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven-Goran Eriksson, this season."

On Thursday Thaksin dined with Eriksson and City players in Bangkok, where they face a Thai All Star team on Saturday.

Thaksin added that the claim that deputy chairman John Wardle had apologised to players for selling the club was "without any foundation".

A Manchester City spokesman said the club was considering legal action over the claims.

Quick Reply