Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

Pompey or Cardiff - FA Cup Final

Read 5913 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Pompey or Cardiff - FA Cup Final
      Reply #23: May 18, 2008 11:36:34 am
      Well done Pompey, bad luck Nicola !
      well I´m off round to my local Britt bar here in Spaiin for a free pint off of the Pompey supporting owner (bar´s called Spinnaker )!
      wifes team are Exeter there in the Blue Squre Prem playoff today at Wembley so come on you Grecians !

I live in Exeter and was asked if I wanted to go today to wembley (not been since the rebuild), I just couldnt bring myself to do it, I said there is only one team I can ever watch or goto or even contemplate going anywhere for, and thats the redmen. Hope they win though as a few friends are Exeter Shitty supporters good luck to em, but I really couldnt give a F**k to be honest, but will probably watch the game on Setanta.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #24: May 18, 2008 01:32:34 pm
      It would have been wrong seeing Fowler in another clubs colours celebrating an FA Cup win, in or out the squad.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #25: May 19, 2008 12:36:44 pm
      Must be the first FA cup final in years ive missed,looks like i didnt miss much.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: May 21, 2008 11:56:12 am
      HAHAHAHAHA!!!

POMPEY!!!!  :lmao:

The FA Cup off to Wales?  No chance!
      Bit childish innit? It's not about it being 'in Wales' it's about the team who wins it, and we could have.

By the way I didn't agree with our anthem being played, the FA decided that it had nothing to do with Cardiff City FC.

ideal world it wouldnt be pompey in final as they did nowt to deserve it....yet id love to see cardiff win thru a robbie fowler screamer. hehe a guy can dream

How do they not desreve it? Both teams who got to the final totally deserved it. We went to sh*t grounds like Chasetown and Hereford, and had to play Middlesbrough away - Pompey knocked out Man Utd - is that not enough?

IMO it would have been wrong for Fowler to play and get a winners' medal when he has done practically nothing for us this season.

Nevermind eh.

I'm (still) in a weird.. state.. I don't feel like we lost.. I'm soo proud of the boys for getting to the FA Cup Final like - it still sounds weird to say it - just so happy to be FA Cup Runners Up 2008 :D Now that probably means f*ck all to you lot, with the 18 leagues, 5 Champs Leagues, etc etc you have, but for Cardiff who have 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield and now 2 FA Cup Runners Up (1925 and 2008) it's quite an achievement. Especially with the crap season we've had with the court case, debt, and all that.

It was definitely a 'fans final' though. We stayed for almost an hour at the end.. clapping our players, clapping Pompey when they picked up the Cup, and just dancing around with our free flags really.. we waited until all our staff had gone back in the tunnel until we left. Any 'bigger' teams and the losing fans would've been out of the ground 5 mins after FT. It was nice to see an English captain and manager lift the Cup aswell.

Maybe it wasn't the most exciting of games to you lot, the start was a bit boring, but I don't care really, it was exciting for the fans - and nothing could be as boring as last year's final, ever!!

Yes an error by Enckelman let that goal in but I feel if they hadn't scored that one they probably would have got another .. we have had a problem getting 'keepers this season, and if you'd seen Oakes in goal - you'd think Enckelman was f*cking brilliant!! I am not putting the blame on him though, this happens.

The players and staff were obviously gutted, I was sad (I did cry at FT but that was because some of our players were sat on the floor - they set me off ;D ) but as I said we went down fighting, we only lost to 1 lucky goal (my opinion). In the end the Premiership quality (and more money) showed through but we have nothing to be embarrassed about even though we lost.

On Sunday the council had arranged a parade for if we won (obviously) through the Bae and town but if we lost a 'welcome home' thing which was down the Bae. About 3k-4k fans were there on Sunday afternoon to welcome the 'heroes' home - we cheered, clapped, sang, chanted, and when Dave Jones apologised for not bringing the Cup home we all just cheered.

Hopefully Sunday made the players feel better - they would have been really downhearted Saturday but after seeing how proud the City fans were (and still are!) on Sunday it hopefully lifted their spirits a bit.

It would have been great to play Man Utd in the Community Shield and a few teams in Europe but it wasn't meant to be.. best of luck to Pompey, as a non money making "big 4" as some call it, a proper fans' team, against Man Utd and in Europe :)

I can put a few pics up if anyone likes?
      They are on my Facebook anyway..
      Part 1 Wembley: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37436&id=285900606
      Part 2 Wembley: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37437&id=285900606
      Welcome home Sunday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37439&id=285900606
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2008 05:51:48 pm
      Bit childish innit? It's not about it being 'in Wales' it's about the team who wins it, and we could have.

By the way I didn't agree with our anthem being played, the FA decided that it had nothing to do with Cardiff City FC.

Well in my honest opinion the only time you even looked like getting something out of the game was towards the end when a header as directed to the floor other than the goal.

But all this Bluebirds flying high in the charts, come on.  Bluebirds flying/lying low from the Swansea fans!!!  :D :D :D

Bit of pay back anyway Nicola seeing that you did laugh at us getting beat by Barnsley.  ;)

So there we have it.  Cardiff in their last appearance in the FA Cup final.  Shame you didn't win it.  not  :lmao:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #28: May 21, 2008 05:57:16 pm
      Come on Pompey!! Even more annoyed at Cardiff for not even having Fowler on the bench!

They would of had a better chance!!!

Couldn't believe it.  Oh well.  He chose the ex rent boy Hasselbaink who ended up getting subbed off any way, could of been Fowler coming on in place, but not to be eh.  ;) 
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: May 24, 2008 10:33:14 pm
      I can't actually be bothered to argue with you over this Court cos you're just being a bit stupid IMO.

I only laughed when Barnsley beat Liverpool because I couldn't believe it, I f*cking loved it when they beat Chelsea, and I loved it when we beat them! As you will see no City fan's spirits are dampened STILL, a week after the Final, we are still so proud of our club.

Last time you think? We'll see.

And I thought Fowler would be on the bench because of all the fuss and him fighting for fitness and stuff, I was really surprised that he wasn't, would've been nice for him to play about 10-15 mins at the end.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: May 25, 2008 12:46:23 am
      Maybe it wasn't the most exciting of games to you lot, the start was a bit boring, but I don't care really, it was exciting for the fans - and nothing could be as boring as last year's final, ever!!

Not taking the piss, I actually fell asleep during last year's FA Cup Final! :D I was in me mates and fell asleep sitting up during the second half!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #31: May 25, 2008 11:07:22 am
      Well then I'll leave you so it can all sink in appropriately.

Another thing.

Enjoy discussing about the best club in the land.  If that makes sense.   :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: May 25, 2008 11:15:33 pm
      Fair enough mate, brilliant picture that, an English manager and English manager winning the FA Cup.. I was happy for Redknapp and Campbell, I genuinely was. It was great watching all the confetti stuff come down from the ceiling and fireworks shooting up off the pitch although I don't think I got pictures of those.

Confetti.

Just checked and I didn't get any of them lifting the Cup either, I remember I definitely applauded though, and in some of my pictures of us dancing at the end (;D) you can see them with their champagne in the dressing room.

I can genuinely say: WELL DONE POMPEY  :champ:

Quick Reply