Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Chelsea manager - The easiest job in the world

Read 1763 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Chelsea manager - The easiest job in the world
      May 24, 2008 12:37:27 pm
      If your the chelsea manager, youve got a bottomless pit of money to spend and an already accomblished group of players, surly it cant be that hard to build a team that can win something! Im convinced that anyone with any sort of footballing knowledge could do this and do rather well aswell. I mean look at the players they have already. Heres what i would do anyway:
      formation - 4-2-3-1

GK - Cech: easily one of the worlds best and not even those with a bitter hatred for chelsea can deny that.

DL - Lahm: yes i did just make a transfer, cole doesnt do it for me i think wayne bridge is better actually.
      DC - Carvalho: I like him, chelseas best defender this year my far, outshone JT clearly
      DC - Bratislav Ivanovic: JT is terrible! he's not good enough to play for a title challenging team and intersestingly i was looking at some premier league stats and chelsea have a much better defensive record WITHOUT him. He's too injury prone, too slow and too fat headed IMO and his time as a high rated defender should have eneded some time ago. Ivanovic is already at chelsea and is one of the best defenders in europe, he partners vidic in the serbia defence and is a real defender.
      DR - Bosingwa: A chelsea player now, wish he played for us but im a big fan of his and im afraid he will do well for chelsea

MC - Essien: Easily chelseas best player this season and wated at RB, although he has been dirty in the past i respect good football and i do enjoy watching essien play. A certainty in the team
      MC - Ballack: Finally showd us the bayern ballack last season and i think he would have another season in him at CM

AML - Silva: We all no about silva and if i was the chelsea manager id use my bottomless pit to get in there first
      AMR - Cole:As much as i hate to admit it, joe cole is a good player and would get into most premier league teams  >:(
      AMC - Deco: Would get with cash for fat frank, he posses all the tools to play in this position and i think would be a hit in the prem, but only in AMC

FC - Shevchenko Yes im serius, Drogba will most likly go to jose so i would give shevchenko a chance. Avram gave ballack a chance and he showd that he is a good player. Give shevchenko a chance in the same formation he played in at milan, and i guarentee he will shine. You dont loose the talent you had in a year. I still think that shevchenko- the best stiker in europe, is still in there somewere, all he needs is games
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Chelsea manager - The easiest job in the world
      Reply #1: May 24, 2008 02:45:52 pm
      To bad for the following things

- Lahm signed on a new deal so he is with Bayern for at least the season to come

- Carvalho will run to whatever club Jose is at

- Sheva is done, he can't cut it at the Premiership and the style of play.

That mid-field looks pretty damn good though bar I question Deco ability to fit into the Premiership but he is a talented player never the less. I often felt Average Grant should get some praise for his work. If being a manager is as easy as people think it is and that all you need is a good group of players then why would team pays such high wages for manager when all they need is someone to write up the team sheet.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Chelsea manager - The easiest job in the world
      Reply #2: May 24, 2008 03:01:53 pm
      CEO - Rick Parry

I announce my resignation with immediate effect.

Quick Reply