Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Stephen Warnock hands in transfer request

Read 1721 times
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Stephen Warnock hands in transfer request
      Aug 12, 2008 09:05:54 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3971540,00.html

It was a pity to see him leave Liverpool as he was a solid, tenacious defender but he deserved to get first team games. I feel sorry fo the Blackburn Rovers fans, Warnock having said that he was happy with the appointment of Ince has now decided to leave. His opinion of Ince has obviously changed. I can imagine that when things go wrong Ince struggles to keep his cool. His time at the lower league clubs had all gone rosy but now this is a completely new challenge and Ince realy has to learn how to deal with difficult situation (yes I know its only Pre-season). After Hughes leaving I was worried that all his good work with Blackburn would be undone within a few months and well...

I want to see A competitive Premiership and it was good to see an underdog team doing well and being creative with thier football. But really Hughes left knowing that top 4 was never a realistic thing and he got impatient and was attraccted by the transfer budget at Manchester City but with a" unlawful" owner, there are already (crazy) rumours that Hughes has threatened to quit. I suppose he is biding his time until he get offerered the manc job.

I wonder where Warnock will go next?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Stephen Warnock hands in transfer request
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2008 10:12:33 pm
      I have a lot of time for Warnock and want to see him doing well so I hope he doesnt end up at Newcastle  :laugh:
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Aug 12, 2008 10:54:36 pm
      I felt he should have been given more time at Anfield i was really impressed with him and if he was given a fair run in the side i think he would have done well for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Aug 12, 2008 11:07:05 pm
      It was a shame warnock left us, but he wanted 1st team football where as rafa could'nt guarentee him that. I dont know if anyone is interested in signing him or not.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Aug 12, 2008 11:17:02 pm
      I was watching the new and there is a rumor that Sunderland are looking at Baines for 7m, maybe if that doesn't work out Warnock would be a good and cheaper pick up for them.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2008 09:34:19 am
      Warnock is better than his replacment, bad move Rafa.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2008 03:38:21 pm
      He has denied that he is moving apparently.........so this make the thread very relevant!

Anyway we can still discuss about Warnock (who I would be very  happy to still see in our squad if he had stayed on) and also how well Ince will do with Blackburn?

They have rejected a massive offer from man city to buy Sante Cruz last night. He is crucial if blackbrun do not want to have a nightmare season like a relegation battle.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Aug 15, 2008 07:04:06 am
      I'm not too impressed about Ince's goings so far, i cant imagine what the Rovers fans are thinking. He has brought in one lad on a season loan, sold Bentley, Santa Cruz is looking to get out, Warnock too (he wants to leave even if he says he doesnt) and no one to replace them so far.

Blackburn to finish 15th!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2008 03:52:52 pm
      surprised his brother has'nt tried signing him
      RedArmy96
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts | -1 
      • What we achieve in life, Echoes in eternity
      Reply #9: Aug 18, 2008 01:50:00 am
      Glad to see him doing well

I didnt want him to go as he looked a great prospect and would be happy to see him back

Quick Reply