Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Live Champions League Group Stage Draw 2006/07

Read 16102 times
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Live Champions League Draw
      Reply #23: Aug 24, 2006 08:04:00 pm
      not a bad group but not the easiest. is smicer still at bordeaux?? sure he is
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #24: Aug 24, 2006 08:15:13 pm
      The group is not too difficult. They all should be fearing us.If we can conjure up our Euro form of 2005 then we're in bidnez! Milan the tossers got the exact group that I wished we would land a little while ago,damn!!
      Boys I'm of Turkish origin and have been to Istanbul many times.Football is a religion to them. There's a hell of alot "true" fans who wish nothing but goodwill to visitors and pride themselves on their renowned hospitality.Obviously there's a minority of violent and stupid thugs who've got nothing better to do than spoil our beautiful sport. I do follow Galatasaray also(but nowhere close to the level of my support for the Reds.I absolutely adore the Reds ,their support ,their history,their values.Its such a wonderful club. There should be no problem with the Turks there and their team is improving but our pedigree should see us ease through. The stories that are still emanating from the locals about the Reds visitors is heart warming.I applaud all you true Reds fans who gave that area such a wonderful vibe.                                                                                     .
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #25: Aug 24, 2006 08:23:51 pm
      I would also like to add that a relative of mine was doing security work for the Liverpool dressing room at the Ataturk, and that he got to have photos taken with Baros and Gerrard and autographs were given with a smile. All in all he thought they were brilliant and he ll never forget his night there.He added that now he realises why I loved em so much. I'm so envious of all the Reds supporters that were there that wondrous night.Cherish it lads.That was pure show. Enjoy your trip back there and help bring back maximum pts to Anfield.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 24, 2006 08:41:36 pm
      there's an old footie saying..."lets take each game at a time...".........there are no easy games in europe....dont we know....rememba benfica last year.......i want to see good steady progress and above all consistency.....from the reds...no apologies for bringing every1 down to earch with a injection of reality...wld be great to c the rest of the english clubs knocked out or get ac milan, barcelona and inter in the group stages.................. i dont prescribe to this s88t that we shld support other english/british clubs...theres only 1 team i support come hell or high water....come on you reds!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #27: Aug 24, 2006 09:29:02 pm
      Quote from: "riise' boot boy"
      not a bad group but not the easiest. is smicer still at bordeaux?? sure he is

Yeah think Vlad is still there  :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Aug 24, 2006 09:34:23 pm
      Quote from: "Rushie"
      Galatasaray can't play Champions League games in their own home ground.

Guess where we're going to....

The Attaturk in Istanbul.......gerrrin

Why can't they play CL league games at home ?  :D
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #29: Aug 24, 2006 10:49:10 pm
      For those who live in Liverpool, or the North in general keep your eyes peeled on the relase of the fixtures for the Champs League particularly when we draw Bordeaux away.

Only reason for this I took the missus to Bordeaux for a couple of days last November. I flew from Manchester with BMI Baby and it only cost me £40 each return inc taxes. But how many times have the likes of EasyJet and other Budget airlines put their prices through the roof when a high profile footy game takes place in one of their budget locations ????

Bordeaux is a real nice City although you may need to brush up on the old "francais" as little if anything there is translated into English (street signs, menu's etc). Luckily I can talk a bit of it so got away with it (just).

Try and stay as close to Rue Sainte Catherine as you will be near to just about everything. It is their main City Centre street, a bit like our Church Street in town.

The Quality Hotel Sainte Catherine is just off it and is reasonably priced. I might give it a miss as the old ball & chain might want to come with me.

F**k me I've turned into f***in Alan Whicker.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #30: Aug 24, 2006 10:53:46 pm
      Quote from: "smigger15"
      Quote from: "Rushie"
      Galatasaray can't play Champions League games in their own home ground.

Guess where we're going to....

The Attaturk in Istanbul.......gerrrin

Why can't they play CL league games at home ?  :D

Doesn't meet CL specifications.
      stevie_g_8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 25, 2006 12:16:45 am
      ..:: WATCH AND THINK AGAIN ::..

hey amigos...I am a turk :) and galatasaray is my darling...I can die for galatasaray like for liverpool...because liverpool is my second darling :) I am too happy for we will playing with liverpool...my dreams are will be truth... I will see the "wolf"  I will watch my liverpool :) but you musnt see galatasaray like a bad team..we couldnt join champions league since 2003 !!! but we will return this year...remember 2000 !!!! UEFA  cup final... galatasaray-arsenal...

we are really big team...also maybe you know the best team in turkey is galatasaray... please watch the video that is up... carrefully...

and also...dont forget...Istanbul is a HELL..and we are the BOYS OF HELL !!!!!
      AngelVampiress
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 25, 2006 06:27:22 am
      Without adoubt, Liverpool will top the list.
      It's one of the easiest group, ;D.
      I mean, they don't have to meet any English team or any serious contenders.
      The next best is PSv but they won't be a problem to Liverpool, judging by the history =P.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #33: Aug 25, 2006 09:04:38 am
      i think liverpool will top the group.  chelsea will hopefully be knockout early, and will again pose no real threat in this competition.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 25, 2006 12:26:56 pm
      Going to be nice to play against Smicer.

Think the draw has been okay for us in retrospect.

Was watching a bit of Bordeaux last night on Channel 5 and they look beatable.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #35: Aug 25, 2006 09:46:27 pm
      Quote from: "Bootle Buck"
      For those who live in Liverpool, or the North in general keep your eyes peeled on the relase of the fixtures for the Champs League particularly when we draw Bordeaux away.

Only reason for this I took the missus to Bordeaux for a couple of days last November. I flew from Manchester with BMI Baby and it only cost me £40 each return inc taxes. But how many times have the likes of EasyJet and other Budget airlines put their prices through the roof when a high profile footy game takes place in one of their budget locations ????

Bordeaux is a real nice City although you may need to brush up on the old "francais" as little if anything there is translated into English (street signs, menu's etc). Luckily I can talk a bit of it so got away with it (just).

Try and stay as close to Rue Sainte Catherine as you will be near to just about everything. It is their main City Centre street, a bit like our Church Street in town.

The Quality Hotel Sainte Catherine is just off it and is reasonably priced. I might give it a miss as the old ball & chain might want to come with me.

f**k me I've turned into f***in Alan Whicker.

bas**rds... As I thought BMI are screwing the football fan again. I flew out (as mentioned before last November ) for 40 quid RETURN inc taxes.

Now the fuckers charge those who want to fly out on the day of the game and to return the day after £40 inc taxes...... sorry missed a "0". £401.88 to be exact. £190 each way before taxes. Although the flight back to Manchester the on day of the game (before it kicks off )is a fiver.

bas**rds
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #36: Aug 25, 2006 09:54:54 pm
      It's a disgrace.  Has this happened because the flights have filled up you think or do you think they are genuinely ripping us off?

Just checked Easyjet for the Eindhoven game.  If you want to make a trip of it best bet is to go to Amsterdam on Sunday now - Monday flights have shot up.

Tuesday is the game. Wednesday returns are all expensive - best bet come back Thursday now.

That's a game turned in to a Sun to Thur get away.

The thing with all of these places that is good though is that there are a million airports - maybe a little bit further away but still within easy reach.  All the close airport deals might be a rip off but we're a clever bunch and we'll get there somehow.

Thanks for the recommendations anyway, I look forward to us getting further in the tournament to hear more of the Whickers World stuff  ;)
      ultraltan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 26, 2006 01:18:40 pm
      Ok... Welcome to Hell again... Our hell is Ataturk Olympic Stadium temporarily.

We don't bad supporters. We always show hospitality to our visitors. We have no problem with the Reds or another team.

I'm very happy to see Liverpool in Istanbul. Because the Reds my second team in Europe.

I think Galatasaray and Liverpool will qualify from this group together.

My guess is

1 Galatasaray
      2 Liverpool
      3 PSV
      4 Bordeaux
      stevie_g_8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 26, 2006 03:26:52 pm
      way bi ultraslan gördüm sanırsam :)))
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,203 posts | 1645 
      Reply #39: Aug 26, 2006 08:35:31 pm
      Quote from: "ultraltan"
      Ok... Welcome to Hell again... Our hell is Ataturk Olympic Stadium temporarily.

We don't bad supporters. We always show hospitality to our visitors. We have no problem with the Reds or another team.

I'm very happy to see Liverpool in Istanbul. Because the Reds my second team in Europe.

I think Galatasaray and Liverpool will qualify from this group together.

My guess is

1 Galatasaray
      2 Liverpool
      3 PSV
      4 Bordeaux
      Mate were going to top that group, my guess

1. Liverpool
      2. PSV
      3. Galatasary
      4. Bordeux
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2006 12:41:39 am
      im gonna agree with liverbird

liverpool
      psv
      galatasary (just missing out behind psv)
      Bordeux
      ultrAttorney
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #41: Sep 05, 2006 11:22:48 pm
      Quote from: "stev_17"
      im gonna agree with liverbird

liverpool
      psv
      galatasary (just missing out behind psv)
      Bordeux

In your dreams my friend.

I respect all Reds fans generally,but Galatasaray is like no other team in europe;we're boys of hell!.

Remember what Ryan Giggs said before:''I never wanna be in Istanbul again,it was really bad as hell.Not only about the match,but also we couldn't sleep the night before;ultrAslan fans didn't let us.''(Zizou said the same things also before the match we played against Juve)

Furthermore, i have to add that Reds are the second team of most Galatasary fans in europe. We were by your side at the final which you played against milan in Istanbul Atatürk Stadium. We were all liverpool supporters. But now,we're both in different conditions.

Praying to  qualify with us seems to be the best choice for you.

You're all wellcome my friends,but that's all.

Hope we could be still friends after the match.Bye
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #42: Sep 05, 2006 11:38:48 pm
      Quote from: "ultrAttorney"

I respect all Reds fans generally,but Galatasaray is like no other team in europe;we're boys of hell!.

Praying to qualify with us seems to be the best choice for you.

How many times have you been the European Capital of Football again?

Quick Reply