Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Cannabis

Read 9150 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Cannabis
      Reply #69: Apr 29, 2011 06:53:14 pm
      ....or spouting nonsense research linking cannabis to long term mental damage.

I don't think it's nonsense, the evidence is there for all to see (some of my mates are prime examples, ;D). The point is you generally have to abuse it for these things to happen.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #70: Apr 29, 2011 07:08:47 pm
      I don't think it's nonsense, the evidence is there for all to see (some of my mates are prime examples, ;D). The point is you generally have to abuse it for these things to happen.

My ex girlfriends mum is a F***ing loon because of the stuff :D But she smokes all day, every day, starting in the morning. Thats where you'll go wrong, if you abuse it like that. A post work "going to the pub" spliff is perfectly fine IMO, in fact probably more healthy than going down the pub for a few pints. Though i aint no expert :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #71: Apr 29, 2011 07:39:44 pm
      As I've said previously I did use pot almost daily for 25+ years and then stopped for a variety of reasons... 1/ the stuff available changed format from the moderate hash or bush to the more volatile man made skunk which I found too strong 2/ I was diagnosed with blood pressure and advised that pot might not be the best thing to indulge in 3/my family situation no longer fitted the pot smoking ideal and I had less time to toke.
      The point being that after a considerable time using cannabis and I haven't even scraped the surface of the tale, I was able to stop more or less overnight no such luck with ciggies tho. 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #72: Apr 29, 2011 07:43:38 pm
      I'm sitting here on the left hand side, why has no one passed the dutchie?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #73: Apr 29, 2011 08:06:56 pm
      It's illegal in America because the prisons are privatized and they get thousands of cannabis related arrest every year. 
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #74: Apr 30, 2011 03:50:54 pm
      It's illegal in America because the prisons are privatized and they get thousands of cannabis related arrest every year.  

a very good addition to the post... forgot about that part. Not the only reason of course, and not how it started being illegal, but definitely plays a role now in keeping it illegal.

Unfortunately the majority of the public hold some kind of stigma over cannabis, for reasons they probably can't even explain beyond "it's bad..", or spouting nonsense research linking cannabis to long term mental damage. I believe this is because of the huge anti-weed propaganda campaign that has been running all through the 1900's. Here's one of my personal favourites.

Reefer Madness

this is exactly right, the propaganda started back in the early 1900s like you said, for a variety of reasons, and the government basically came out and said Black people and mexicans smoke weed and it turns them evil  :roll:

then Nixon and Reagan launched their own drug wars in their respective terms and kept it going. I personally was one person who had that stigma due to years of anti-drug groups coming to schools... which to be fair I think is a decent thing to try and keep children from doing drugs. It worked on me, but the moment I became actually educated about MJ I realized that its not anywhere near as bad as they think it is. I think if they put the age minimum on it like Cigs or Alcohol you could properly educate youth, get rid of all the BS and let them make their own decision when they are old enough to do so.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #75: Apr 30, 2011 04:00:07 pm
      That's what it's all about mate - enlightenment.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #76: Apr 30, 2011 04:47:03 pm
      The thread deserves a tune from SIR bob marley.

Very appropiate i would say.

Bob Marley Easy Skangking

Excuse me while I light my spliff

Good GOD I gotta take a lift

From reality I just can't drift

That's why I am staying with this riff

so true
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #77: Apr 30, 2011 08:01:04 pm
      My ex girlfriends mum is a f**king loon because of the stuff :D But she smokes all day, every day, starting in the morning. Thats where you'll go wrong, if you abuse it like that.

Yeah, and I hate when people use that sort of situation to back up there supposed 'evidence'. Of course someone who smokes all day every day will not function. Why? Cause your f***in' high all the time. :D

I'm sure all those who do smoke know most of the time when high you're wanting to do as little as possible, so if you're high from when you wake till when you sleep, you just won't get anything done!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #78: Apr 30, 2011 09:45:42 pm
           ^     ^     ^
      That's why you pick the moment, the chilled intervals when a spliff and maybe a few wee drinks are condusive.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #79: May 01, 2011 02:13:33 pm
      Don't want to condemn it, as i've never experienced it or know people who have experienced it. Having said that, i can't imagine a situation in which i would be tempted to give it a go. Same goes with alcohol and cigarettes.

Quick Reply