Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

School of hard knocks

Read 992 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      School of hard knocks
      Jun 04, 2008 05:25:50 pm
      I was watching sky sports last night. A follow up programme called School of hard knocks was on. Basically it was following 3 or 4 lads all unemployed from Liverpool who join a rugby club to see how it changes there life. I didnt see the original programme went it went out,did anybody? Anyway all the lads seemed to love playing the rugby and 3 of the 4 are working now the other one said he couldnt be arsed working. But what really caught my eye was the images of Liverpool used in the programme!! They showed some really run down parts of the city. I was thinking to myself why can they not show the docklands where a good deal of work has been done to improve the area.

Liverpool is a fantastic city with plenty of famous images that could have been shown. Does my head in the way programmes like that want to portray it as a kip. The annoying thing is it is one of the friendliest places in the world with some quality people and some great places in it why not show these aspects of the city from time to time. Im getting annoyed now writing this and im not even scouse!!

Sorry rant over
      MsGerrard
      Re: School of hard knocks
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2008 07:51:35 pm
      I have to agree with you on this Brian.

OK I admit I might be a bit biased towards my beloved Liverpool, having been born and bred in Bootle, I am very proud of my roots.

Liverpool is unfortunately portrayed as being a very run down City, full of scallies. They always seem to show the bad parts on television, Liverpool does have its run down parts, but you show me any other City and that does as well.

Part of it is jealousy, Liverpool has the best football team in England, we have an array of outstanding talent in the field of music, have done for years, when you think of all the good groups over the years that have come out of Liverpool.

We also have some beautiful buildings in Liverpool, the architecture is superb and we've got two cathedrals ;D

And I'll tell you something for nothing, there are so many friendly people in Liverpool, who are willing to go out of there way to help you, when I was there on Monday trying to get into St.Georges Hall, we met a couple and within minutes we were talking to them like they were old friends, in fact the lady came back specially to give us some information, which was so nice of her, I got talking to a woman in Wetherspoons who was a Steward at Anfield, "come and see me" she said "next time your up" You would NEVER get that where I live :( people would sooner cross the road than help you/talk to you.

That's why I was so proud when it was named European Capital of Culture.

Liverpool has so many good things going for it, it's a shame the media have to portray the negative side.

Proud of my City and proud of my Team.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: School of hard knocks
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2008 10:02:57 pm
      Well said and your dead right to have that pride

Quick Reply