Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

John Terry

Read 2286 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      John Terry
      May 27, 2008 04:31:25 pm
      has there ever been a more self obsessed arrogant Captain all-about-me ever? the way he took the 5th penalty just so he could win it, yes Drogba was probably supposed to take it but who here thinks Terry INSISTED he take it and win the cup for them? You could tell the way he swaggered up to the penalty spot and adjusted his captains armband to show the watching world im John Terry,im MR Chelsea, little did we know he was going to audition for the next series of dancing on ice. Not only that the attention whore also produced an open letter which went like this:

'To all the Chelsea fans, all my team-mates, the manager and staff at the club.

I am so sorry for missing the penalty and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to become European champions.

Many people have told me I don't need to say that but I feel I need to, that's just me. I have relived that moment every minute since it happened. I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time hoping it's all been a bad dream.

I have had some amazing support from fans, current and ex-players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take responsibility for us not winning.

I am and ALWAYS will be Chelsea through and through. I will give my all on and off the pitch to win this trophy as a player and one day as a manager. And I am sure we will win it.

That night in Moscow will haunt me forever and I feel I have let everybody down and this hurts me more than anything. I am not ashamed about crying. This is a trophy I have tried so hard year after year to win and it was just an uncontrollable reaction, I wear my heart on my sleeve, everybody knows that.

The road to Rome starts here, we have to try and turn this experience to our advantage. I am very proud of how far we have come this season with everything that has gone on.

Thank you for all your support for the team this season.'

after snotting all down Tevez's neck and realised he was caught doing it I think this is one last attempt to salvage the England captaincy, and again get all eyes on him.

so next year when MR Chelsea and co come to Anfield may i suggest this song since he likes to be the centre of attention so much:

Dont blame it on Drogba
      Dont blame it on Lampard
      dont blame it on Anelka
      blame it on Terry
      he just cant he just cant
      he just cant control his feet.

/novel

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: John Terry
      Reply #1: May 27, 2008 11:39:05 pm
      How the hell did Terry get the Armband for England again is beyond belief, It seems some in the England set up have short memories of Terry just take yourself back to the Anfield CL match and that night he let Torres have his full venom on how to be a thug and get away with it and that was one example of how the guy operates. The guy is a discrace for his services to football and I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he walks in to greet his peers this week. on. He to me is what I would not want my son to follow with the constant sledging he gives refs yet the kids follow people like him and copy them and for that alone he should never have captained England again....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: May 28, 2008 09:37:07 am
      Self centred and arrogant pr**k deserves missing (even though i hoped for it to go in). I was sitting there on my couch thinking why not Drogba or Kalou or Essien? Surely your first choice in that situation. Although, the after math is quite amusing with all the stick he is getting.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: May 28, 2008 09:56:18 am
      funny thing is that the whole media circus surrounding our game was saying "oh you should feel sorry for him" even one bird on sky news said she cried. I couldnt believe what I was hearing, in my house we screamed with joy when that Ronaldo c**t missed and laughed our F***ing heads off when Terry missed. Im gonna sing She loves the scouse cock so much louder next time we goto the Crapford Bridge for an away game next season. Im sure someone will come up with a song about him missing  that pen LMAO.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: May 28, 2008 06:10:04 pm
      He'll probably start whingeing again tonight when England get beat    ;) :D :D
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #5: May 28, 2008 06:19:09 pm
      It is now a yearly event Terry crying isn't it, he is an arrogant thug and deserved to miss.

I did feel sorry for him at first but then thought more about it and then cam to the conclusion it was justice for all the dirty fouls he did on Torres and just they way he thinks he runs Chelsea's game.

I felt more sorry for Lamps, losing the tag Fat Frank now because I think he is working harder and is more determined after his mother's death. He put in a brilliant performance under the circumstances and dealt with the pressure of taking a penalty well enough.

Sorry to support a Chelski player but it is out of respect for what he has done of late.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 28, 2008 08:05:04 pm
      He'll probably start whingeing again tonight when England get beat    ;) :D :D
      Ohh dear god I hope he cries again ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: May 28, 2008 08:12:50 pm
      To me Terry is everything a captain shouldnt be. A captain should lead by example not be the first one running at a ref for every little desicion that goes against them. And how often do we see Terry at the other end of the pitch if a team mate is fouled sticking his big malllet head into an opposition player.

Loved seeing him miss that peno last week although it would have been even better if the mancs didnt wi in the end!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2008 09:39:55 am
      He lead by example last night though didn't he ! I'm not a J.T fan but he stepped up to the plate last night, albeit for a friendly.  There is only one captain for England their No.10 !
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #9: May 29, 2008 01:19:24 pm
      ah ha John Terry, must have missed this thread  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2008 10:22:46 am
      Well I have to say I do take back what I said about him (only a bit mind) after his comments about our Jamie on last nights 500 not out program on LFC TV. He has the upmost respect for Carra and even stated that he has been one of the best if not the best defender in the world in last 4 years. That really surprised me to hear him saying that because I thought he was far more arrogant than that. But having said that it could just be a ploy to stop me sing his mum loves the scouse cock, or the fact his mum boyfriend has given him a good slap to show him the scouse spirit. LMAO

Im still working on a song to berate him though about missing that pen!!
      RedAndWhiteKop
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: May 30, 2008 11:15:14 am
      Ive heard examples of when he and Joe Cole have been singing the praises of our club, their not that bad really......Good players too
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #12: May 31, 2008 01:56:58 am
      as Benitez said, the only difference between Maureen and Grant is the press conferences. Theyre still where they are because of Abromavich.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2008 04:15:04 pm
      I've never understood all the hype about john terry, yes he's a good player, but not half as good as the media make him out to be. I might now get slated haha but I would prefer to have a player like ledley king partnering ferdinand at the back for england.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2008 06:49:20 pm
      I've never understood all the hype about john terry, yes he's a good player, but not half as good as the media make him out to be. I might now get slated haha but I would prefer to have a player like ledley king partnering ferdinand at the back for england.

nowhere near as good, hes only "good" because he goes charging into players like a big rhinoceros and when he doesn't get his way goes wingeing  to the ref. hes an utter embarassment to football and should not be even considered for the England captaincy. Not that im bothered about England and him whoring himself over the captaincy is only because he wants to be the centre of attention as per usual.

Quick Reply