Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Competition amongst centre backs

Read 3397 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: Competition amongst centre backs
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2008 09:16:38 pm
      competition for positions is always healthy and could be the ingrediant that we have been missing for the last few seasons .
      Every player wants to don the shirt and play every game evry week ,So you can  guarentee you will get 110% out of players if they know there position is underthreat.  IMO
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #24: Oct 03, 2008 05:41:17 pm
      just thought I'd bump this thread because of the "criticism" Carra was recieving in here compared to his form this year.

This season Carra has been 95% faultless (only the Leige game in Belgium and that mistake by playing everyone onside which led to the goal against Marsielle) and it just proves that last season was a one off. He and Skrtel have now got that understanding and look like forming the best partnership in the Premiership.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #25: Oct 03, 2008 05:44:09 pm
      I will admit he proved me wrong by turning the clock and really started off the season this year much better than last season and I hope for it to continue throughout the rest of the season.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Oct 03, 2008 08:06:09 pm
      just thought I'd bump this thread because of the "criticism" Carra was recieving in here compared to his form this year.

This season Carra has been 95% faultless (only the Leige game in Belgium and that mistake by playing everyone onside which led to the goal against Marsielle) and it just proves that last season was a one off. He and Skrtel have now got that understanding and look like forming the best partnership in the Premiership.

Right on.

When we first bought Skrtel I do remember thinking that he'd be retiring to the back up position when Agger returned to full fitness. Since then he's been a revelation! An unknown to many of us when Rafa signed him, he's become one of our most dependable players.

I love his no-nonsense attitude, and although he often seems on the verge of commiting a foul he almost always manages to stay on the right side of the thin line between a full bodied challenge and an offense. A true professional, he's always prepared to put hid body on the line if needs be, throwing himself in front of a shot when he can! In that we he reminds me of Carra, the total commitment and unselfish attitude I mean, as well as the no messing about when he's the last man! Row Z and out of danger!

I suppose the only thing lacking is the attacking talent provided by Agger, though Skrtel has been showing the odd sign of coming forward now and again, with the odd run, and was even once crossing from the left wing against PSV! :D A classic moment, I loved it!

I do think that for the moment we need to stick with this partnership, as whilst it is working so well I don't see the need to change. Agger has far more competition for his spot now than I (and perhaps he!) imagined just a few months ago!

Quick Reply