Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Andrea Dossena (Liverpool to Napoli)

Read 91814 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Andrea Dossena (Left Back)
      Reply #46: Jul 08, 2008 03:07:56 pm
      Say hello to Mr. Dossena

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #47: Jul 08, 2008 03:09:50 pm
      how's his name pronounced? otherwise i'm just gonna call him andy.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #48: Jul 08, 2008 03:17:28 pm
      Exactly how its spelled i think.

Dossena

or

Dossenna
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #49: Jul 10, 2008 12:32:02 pm
      DOSSENA: I'M HALF ITALIAN, HALF ENGLISH
      Jimmy Rice 10 July 2008
          New signing Andrea Dossena claims Liverpool have signed an Italian defender with an English heart.
      The 27-year-old left-back hopes a combination of determination and quality on the ball will make his transition from Serie A to the Premier League an easy one.

He admits training at Melwood is faster than what he is used to but insists his 'half-English, half Italian' style will see him through.

In his first interview since arriving from Udinese, Dossena told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Even from training I realise English football is different.

"It's all about possession and the ball seems to move quicker. There is also a great determination among the players in training, but these are all qualities that are characteristic of me too. In this way, I feel half English, half Italian."

Dossena is seen as a direct replacement for the outgoing John Arne Riise, who travelled in the opposite direction after signing for Roma.

Rafa Benitez has already revealed how both the left-back and fellow new boy Philipp Degen are ready to go straight into the first team – words that are music to the ears of a man desperate to pull on a red jersey for the first time.

"It is an honour to be wearing such a prestigious shirt.," said Dossena. "It was great for me that Liverpool were so determined to have me in their squad. It is a very important shirt to wear and I will do my best. I have a great will to work hard and succeed and achieve great results.

"Of course I'll feel very strong emotions when I wear the shirt at Anfield for the first time but after the first few seconds these will be replaced by a focus on what I am doing.

"There are so many great players here and I hope to be playing beside them as soon as possible.

"I believe I will bring determination as my main strength. I have a will to succeed and achieve results. These are also characteristics I have seen in Liverpool as a team."

Dossena arrived on Merseyside a week ago before training with his teammates for the first time.

His new boss is one of very few Italian speakers at the club, but the defender claims his broken English is getting him by with the likes of Jamie Carragher.

"I have been able to talk to my teammates but of course I have had to talk a little slower and maybe they have too, so they understand me better," he said.

"I have been very impressed with the facilities and also with the very good atmosphere in the dressing room.

"The talks I have had with Benitez have mostly been about tactics. He has explained that he wants a four-man defence but that the most important thing is that the balance on the pitch is never broken. There must be balance between the left and right-backs."

Dossena arrived at Anfield with a single cap to his name, making him the first Italian international to play for the Reds.

It's a fact he's immensely proud of – and he believes playing for one of the biggest teams in Europe can only aid his international ambitions.

"The Premier League is followed and it will be up to the national manager to watch the players abroad," he said. "I am aware, though, that I am at the most prestigious team in England. There are other players who play abroad who are getting caps, like Luca Toni."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like him already, seem the type of left back we need. Good going forward, strong and sounds a very determined and commited person. Perhaps he can take Insua under his wing, teach him some more things eventually to make him an even better young talent and aid him breaking into the first team. 
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #50: Jul 10, 2008 01:24:12 pm
      He sounds like a really focussed guy, can't wait to see him settle in and start a few games.  I guess Fábio Aurélio is back on left wing duty now then!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: Jul 10, 2008 01:53:09 pm
      i think he'll have the starting place no problem this season. Only seen him a few times but the times i have seen him play, he has impressed me. Also, like AJ said, he seems pretty focussed on his job ahead which cant be abad thing
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #52: Jul 10, 2008 04:57:03 pm
      He sounds good. G.Luck Dossy.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jul 10, 2008 06:56:05 pm
      we will have to see how he settles before we can say he will defo be our left back this season.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #54: Jul 10, 2008 07:23:44 pm
      Mark my words this lad will struggle in the EPL. If im wrong then I will be buy a round of drinks !! Seriously though I just got a funny feeling in me bones that he will struggle, and I hope Im wrong.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Jul 10, 2008 07:55:57 pm
      Mark my words this lad will struggle in the EPL. If im wrong then I will be buy a round of drinks !! Seriously though I just got a funny feeling in me bones that he will struggle, and I hope Im wrong.

Why would he struggle ?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #56: Jul 10, 2008 08:48:13 pm

God, i wouldnt promise everyone a drink because you have a "funny feeling" about him
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #57: Jul 10, 2008 09:09:20 pm
      Has anyone else noticed that in any image of him from today at Melwood, he just dosent want to smile. He looks like some kind of hard man
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #58: Jul 10, 2008 09:10:09 pm
      I think Dossena will be good, he's got pace which is the first thing that you need IMO. He looks tough aswell, give skrtel a run for his money :D. I think he'll be fine
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #59: Jul 10, 2008 10:43:43 pm

I hope your loaded.................. .
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 11, 2008 09:24:05 am
      He looks mean and focussed,nearly as mean looking as skrtel.I like him already.His Italian and you know how they are in defense(take no sh*t)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Jul 11, 2008 04:49:54 pm
      didnt think italy were that good in defence at the euros sure they had panucci playing and he is 35 and dont get me started on materazzi, was actually impressed with grosso though.
      Juventus FC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 13, 2008 01:49:13 pm
      Hello guys I'm a Juve fan from Italy.
      I don't think Dossena is the player you were looking for. You've done a mistake selling Riise to AS Roma
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #63: Jul 13, 2008 01:59:58 pm
      No mistake selling Risa he was poor for two seasons perhaps the change will do him good.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #64: Jul 13, 2008 02:01:58 pm
      Riise couldnt do it anymore, i think Dossena will be better at least. Besides even if he isnt i have always been a big aurlio fan so i wont mind if he plays LB. But Dossnea will be fine i think
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #65: Jul 13, 2008 04:14:56 pm
      Riise needed a new challenge, we had to sell him for the good of both him and the club.

Im confident Dossena will do well for liiverpool
      Juventus FC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #66: Jul 13, 2008 08:49:33 pm
      Riise needed a new challenge, we had to sell him for the good of both him and the club.

Im confident Dossena will do well for liiverpool
      I know but 5mln € is really a few
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #67: Jul 13, 2008 08:52:06 pm
      I know but 5mln € is really a few

It was £4million.
      Juventus FC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #68: Jul 13, 2008 09:07:52 pm
      That's not a lot for a great player such as Riise.
      As Roma sucks and you should have asked more

Quick Reply