Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

What is your matchday routine?

Read 1146 times
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 138 posts | -5 
      What is your matchday routine?
      Jun 06, 2008 02:29:29 pm
      Some topics have been talking about what you've done to see or hear matches or what matches you've been to and so on, so I am intrigued to know everybody's matchday routine.

Is there anything you do for luck? Do you have certain targets for times to be at a game? etc.

My matchday routine is to normally dream up scenarios the night before, wake up full of enthusiasm, have a nice English breakfast, get ready(shower and so on).

On the walk to the stadium I enjoy banter with either opposition fans or fans you talk to regularly, buy a programme and have a chat with some mates.

When I get into the ground it is normally 45 mins before kick-off because I like to read the programme, look around the ground, watch players warming-up.

Around 15 mins before kick-off the atmosphere kicks in as the ground fills up and the songs are sung to get us pumped up. If i'm at Anfield i'll sit in the Kop because I want to sing some songs with others around me, if im at Field Mill(Mansfield) or Elland Road i'll sit in the family stands because there wont be as much noise around.

At half-time I won't move unless i desperately need the bathroom so i'll get my dad to buy me a pie or something. At the end of the game, from Anfield i'll have a long car ride home and will probably chat with my dad about all sorts but if im at Leeds or Stags i'll have a mini-drive home before a nice relaxing bath to reconcile on the day's events.

I don't really do anything for luck and I don't tend to get really nervous about matches unless it is a big european tie or one that rests on league survival(Stags and at times Leeds)

Good to know your thoughts
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Re: What is your matchday routine?
      Reply #1: Jun 06, 2008 02:40:49 pm
      Wake up, get ready and then put on me L'pool shirt. Walk down stairs and kiss the "this is anfield" sign we have on the wall by the stairs. Have me brekkie, whatever we have in. The grab the 27 from the bottom of Dexter Street/Park Road (Toxteth). I get to the ground about an hour before kick off and me n me dad take it in turns to buy the programmes and pies. Watch the match then jump the 26 back down to Upper Warwick Street, get off and walk down Windsor Street to go to the chippy. Get a pie dinner and wait for MOTD.

Quick Reply