Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Having a career you enjoy

Read 965 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Having a career you enjoy
      Jun 07, 2008 01:31:30 pm
      Hi chaps and chappesses.

I was wondering what career do you currently do and what career you could have done and enjoyed? Time is running out for me, I'm still young but I really need to get a career sorted out at the end of the summer. It's got to be something I enjoy, not something that I won't enjoy but can get good money from it eg.. (building, mechanics)

My grades at school were not all that great. I was easily distracted and at the end of the day was fed up with school in general so didn't give it my all. I now regret that because a lot of the careers I have looked at have required higher grades so anyone out there doing their GCSE's please please give it your up-most! Please!

I was thinking in doing something like media. Maybe something which would involve a lot of travelling. I don't have money to go traveling right now but if I was working in a company that travels to different countries then I'd be more than happy (if it was a good role)

How did you do in your GCSE's? If you didn't do too well are you now regretting it that you didn't give it your all? It does make a difference, a big F***ing difference. GCSE's probably the most important time in your life... it decides your future!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Having a career you enjoy
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2008 11:52:51 am
      I thought it was your A-Levels that made a difference in your life? Anyway i am currently doing my GCSE's as you may have heard a million times before, but i always give 110% no matter what tests i am doing and it all pays off, it is a wonderful feeling getting so many A*s.

Anyway i am working towards being an astronaut, and i hope it all pays off. I don't have a job currently, but i am looking to earning a part time job in the summer holidays.

:)
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2008 02:00:25 am
      I'm currently working as a Mortgage Analyst in Wellywood. One of the types who never liked school (but can pick up everything and anything pretty quick).

Am moving to the Gold Coast on August 1st with the missus, got everything booked and sorted. Want to get into the Australian market.

Will be there a year before moving on to England to take up the GOAL of getting me my football coaching and management certificates.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2008 04:19:48 am
      Well right now I am in the process of trying to get a job to start off my life :D

I just graduated university with a business degree with major in accounting so right now I need to get my experience and I really can't be too picky with my job because I am starting at the bottom. I hope to one day after a get my papers and get experience under my belt that work in accounting (I do like counting numbers) but work in the sports industry because it would mix two things I like.

There will be very few jobs where you love what you do and have enough money to do what you like but if you can put up with it and like it somewhat then I think it makes things a lot better.

Quick Reply