Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Daniel Alves (Sevilla)

Read 18597 times
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Re: Daniel Alves (Sevilla)
      Reply #92: Jun 08, 2008 10:17:29 pm
      we were never going to sign him he is out of our league in price range and we expect to be able to compete with barc in the champs league would have loved to see him at liverpool was exactly what we need at right back but again we have being shown we are not a big club when it comes to buying barc wanted him so they spent the money needed, instead we got an injury prone swiss reserve who we are all praying turns out to be a half decent player but looking at his record would be shocked if he did, cant believe lads on here are happy with him doubt there is any one here that has actually seen him play.

Exactly!! People on here seen delluded. They keep talking about David Villa and David Silva when if you actually check it there is NO NEWS or speculation linking us to these world class players what so ever. We are being linked with the likes of James bludy Milner not David silver for our right wing. For right back we was linked with Danny Alves and we got philip degen ;D Left back we was linked with Eric Abidal and we got Dossena. I'm not knocking the lad because he could turn out to be brill but as for degen, naa, I cant see it happening anytime soon. People on here dont want to open their eyes. We dont look like we're signing anyone world class so stop talking about Villa and Silva and face the reality of Milner and Fontain and lets see, with that type of team, how many league titles we win. Now i'll surely get attacked by the regulars in here for being "negative" and having my own opinion which is clearly not allowed on this site but in reality im just speaking the truth and the truth hurts!

Another world class player that we was never going to get that got away. £12m They wanted a couple years back and we didn't want to pay it. Well not wanting to spend £12m got us Phil Degen.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #93: Jun 08, 2008 10:37:49 pm
      Exactly!! People on here seen delluded. They keep talking about David Villa and David Silva when if you actually check it there is NO NEWS or speculation linking us to these world class players what so ever. We are being linked with the likes of James bludy Milner not David silver for our right wing. For right back we was linked with Danny Alves and we got philip degen ;D Left back we was linked with Eric Abidal and we got Dossena. I'm not knocking the lad because he could turn out to be brill but as for degen, naa, I cant see it happening anytime soon. People on here dont want to open their eyes. We dont look like we're signing anyone world class so stop talking about Villa and Silva and face the reality of Milner and Fontain and lets see, with that type of team, how many league titles we win. Now I'll surely get attacked by the regulars in here for being "negative" and having my own opinion which is clearly not allowed on this site but in reality im just speaking the truth and the truth hurts!

Another world class player that we was never going to get that got away. £12m They wanted a couple years back and we didn't want to pay it. Well not wanting to spend £12m got us Phil Degen.

So buying Alves would of solved all our problem. Damn hindsight is great isn't it.
      The so called £12m we could of paid for him, would of meant on finding that extra £12m to find to buy Torres. (no chance)
      You have to be realistic. Liverpool Football Club DOES NOT HAVE A MONEY TREE.

Alves is an attacking full back. Great at going forward, but a little suspect at defending.
      Sounds a little like Riise ??, and look whats happening to him.
      Now wouldn't that be great, to have two full backs bombing forward, but leaving us light at the back.

Why oh Why are people shooting Degan down already ??
      Has anyone studied his game yet , or even seen him play ?  Give the lad a break.

Rafa has a hell of a better judgement on players than us, he knows the clubs transfer budget also.
      He has seen something he likes in Degan, and has got him early, before any other team expressed an interest.
      I for one, will watch his development, and give him support.

You say people on here should open there eyes - yes I agree with you.
      But, other people should know better than believe every player who's name is linked with us, is a definate target.

A lot of these targets is just hearsay, some sh*te internet site trying to sell it's story.

I have previously posted that there will not be any panic buying, and Rafa has to sell in order to bring in players that he thinks will improve and balance our team better.

Give Rafa a break - because it's him your putting down, not other posters.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #94: Jun 08, 2008 10:52:53 pm
      Exactly!! People on here seen delluded. They keep talking about David Villa and David Silva when if you actually check it there is NO NEWS or speculation linking us to these world class players what so ever. We are being linked with the likes of James bludy Milner not David silver for our right wing. For right back we was linked with Danny Alves and we got philip degen ;D Left back we was linked with Eric Abidal and we got Dossena. I'm not knocking the lad because he could turn out to be brill but as for degen, naa, I cant see it happening anytime soon. People on here dont want to open their eyes. We dont look like we're signing anyone world class so stop talking about Villa and Silva and face the reality of Milner and Fontain and lets see, with that type of team, how many league titles we win. Now I'll surely get attacked by the regulars in here for being "negative" and having my own opinion which is clearly not allowed on this site but in reality im just speaking the truth and the truth hurts!

Well not wanting to spend 12m on an attacking defender got us the best striker in the world. I'll reserve my judgment on the new signings until, you know, they play a game for LFC. You act like we could have signed Alves & Torres had we wanted to, when realistically we have to decide what our most pressing need is and some money down there. We're not Chelsea or Man U and we don't have Wenger. I'll take Rafa and his decision making over Babel99's any day, one day when Babel99 leads this team to the final of the champions league 3 times and wins more than one, maybe that will change.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #95: Jun 08, 2008 11:08:48 pm

Mate,as far as I'm aware everyone is entitled to their opinions on here, it would be boring if we all repeated the same views on every topic. I personally know sweet fa about either Degen or Dossena, but what I do know is that I trust Rafa's judgement on players that will fit into our team. remember too that we are a top European side who will inevitably get linked with quality players as they become available, but as we have been saying on here for some time, until we get rid of the nomarks who currently own the club and replace them with someone who is willing to finance the acquisitions the manager wants, we continue to rely on Rafa's ability to attract players who can at very least maintain our top 4 place in the EPL and have a good CL run every year. IMO we are not far away from being the top side in both competitions and I wouldn't be suprised to see Rafa complete this task in the very near future- keep the faith mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #96: Jun 08, 2008 11:10:49 pm

Basically what you are saying is that we should not think of the prospect of possibly signing players like Silva and Villa. You have probably never seen Degan play so why the hell you are already dismissing him is beyond me, he could well turn out to be the best right back the club has ever had, Agger was very unkown when we signed him as was Skrtel but look how good they have been!. You said Dossena could turn out to be brill; so why are you dismissing Degan?, i have seen Dossena play many times due to family living in Italy and going to the Udinese games and yes he is a bloody great left back so i couldnt care less we didnt get Abidal because he isnt exactly jaw dropiingly awesome. I think Degan could well turn out to be like Arbeloa, Unknown, dismissed but turn out to be a very good player.

Yes you are going to get attacked by the regulars on the forum because you said 'and having my own opinion which is clearly not allowed on this site but in reality im just speaking the truth and the truth hurts' Its not the truth because you are judging the team before the eason has even started. Ofcourse you are allowed your own opinion but there has been so many people on here in the past that have said there opinion when sometimes they should have kept there opinion to themselves. Maybe you should think about what you are actually saying because at the moment you are way off of the mark.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #97: Jun 08, 2008 11:35:54 pm
      cant believe lads on here are happy with him doubt there is any one here that has actually seen him play.

Have you ever seen him play?? if not then why are you assuming he is a sh*t buy??

again we have being shown we are not a big club when it comes to buying

Yeh we didnt pay 20+million for probably the worlds best striker beating Inter to him so I guess that still means we are not a big club when buying. Babel is also another average buy along with Lucas, both of them are a waste of time and have no potential whats so ever. And well dont even get me started on Masch.  :-\

sort it out mate, I know we have only really spent massive amounts on 2 players, Torres and Masch but sometimes you dont have to pay 10's of millions. Look at how gooda buy Reina, Xabi, Agger, Arbeloa and Skrtel have been.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #98: Jun 09, 2008 12:36:16 am

Im sorry but i think that we already have many world class players

1.Pepe
      2.Carra
      3.Agger
      4.Gerrard
      5.Alonso
      6.Masherano
      7.Torres

Sure there is David Villa but to be honest i dont think we need him silva would be a better edition for sure. But im not when you check for players being linked to other clubs but.. last time i checked we were being linked with half the players on the planent yes including Silva:

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/liverpool-tottenham-chelsea-in-for-valen-552980.html
      http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2008/06/07/liverpool-linked-to-valencia-s-david-villa-and-david-silva-55578-21037416/
      http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/12/23/La-Liga-Silva-hints-at-Liverpool-move/

And also Villa:
      http://forum.football.co.uk/about13234.html&highlight=
      http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=725348

So basically i find you to be.....wrong
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #99: Jun 09, 2008 05:11:36 am
      24m for any full back is silly money no matter how good the player is. Sevilla continue to get great amount of money when they sell their top players.
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #100: Jun 09, 2008 11:48:37 am
      So buying Alves would of solved all our problem. Damn hindsight is great isn't it.
      The so called £12m we could of paid for him, would of meant on finding that extra £12m to find to buy Torres. (no chance)
      You have to be realistic. Liverpool Football Club DOES NOT HAVE A MONEY TREE.

Alves is an attacking full back. Great at going forward, but a little suspect at defending.
      Sounds a little like Riise ??, and look whats happening to him
      Now wouldn't that be great, to have two full backs bombing forward, but leaving us light at the back.Why oh Why are people shooting Degan down already ??
      Has anyone studied his game yet , or even seen him play ?  Give the lad a break.
      Rafa has a hell of a better judgement on players than us, he knows the clubs transfer budget also.
      He has seen something he likes in Degan, and has got him early, before any other team expressed an interest.
      I for one, will watch his development, and give him support.

You say people on here should open there eyes - yes I agree with you.
      But, other people should know better than believe every player who's name is linked with us, is a definate target.

A lot of these targets is just hearsay, some sh*te internet site trying to sell it's story.

I have previously posted that there will not be any panic buying, and Rafa has to sell in order to bring in players that he thinks will improve and balance our team better.

Give Rafa a break - because it's him your putting down, not other posters.

Good post. I see exactly where your coming from and you make some good points but lets look at the overall picture. We we're linked for quaresma and looks like we're getting Milner. I just cant understand how we're moving foward and chasing the other three if the players we're signing, they would never even look at them let alone think about signing them. Some people say "you shouldn't look at other teams" but the best way is up and im looking up and on top of us is Arsenal, Chelsea and Scum so I have to look at them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Jun 09, 2008 12:46:09 pm
      i completely agree with babel 99 he is the only one on this topic that has a sense of realism, id have to wonder about some lads on here one lad has even compared riise to alves what planet are you living on, ive no doubt if we do sign milner some of ye will be saying he is a great player, im getting slated on here because i seem to think if we had the finacial clout of say utd or chelsea never mind barc madrid or inter our targets and signings would be completely different i dont think we would have seen dossena or degen at the club, its not rafa fault he is on a shoestring budget but the 2 lads to blame are the two american tw*ts. the sad thing on here is that some of you are deluding yourself that with the players we have signed will we challenge for the premiership next season, sadly we wont, not expecting much from next season to be honest. oh ya we did spend big once on a player and look how torres turned out, from what i remember we have 1 signing in the top 20 ever in the premiership it just shows what a job benitez has done.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #102: Jun 09, 2008 12:48:05 pm
      We we're linked for quaresma and looks like we're getting Milner. I just cant understand how we're moving foward and chasing the other three if the players we're signing, they would never even look at them let alone think about signing them. 

Thats not exactly true though is it because chelsea signed sidwell, ben haim, belletti, pizzaro and alex; there not exactly world class players, they have also had boularouz. Yes i know we probably wont get quaresma but i wouldnt say it looks like we are about to get milner seeing as there has only been 1 or 2 bits of speculation about him.

Some people say "you shouldn't look at other teams" but the best way is up and im looking up and on top of us is Arsenal, Chelsea and Scum so I have to look at them.

yes the best way is up but if you look at the table you will see we were alot closer to united and chelsea and next season im sure we will be even better. also it was the 1st time arsenal were above us for a few seasons. you got to look at the fact that rafa is having alot more work to do because our dickhead owners wont provide a good amount of money where as the other teams are given that money. it will take time but rafa will get the league. it took fergie 7 years to get the league and now look at how many he has and im sure that will be rafa one day.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #103: Jun 09, 2008 01:03:41 pm
      I completely agree with babel 99 he is the only one on this topic that has a sense of realism, id have to wonder about some lads on here one lad has even compared riise to alves what planet are you living on, ive no doubt if we do sign milner some of ye will be saying he is a great player, im getting slated on here because I seem to think if we had the finacial clout of say utd or chelsea never mind barc madrid or inter our targets and signings would be completely different I dont think we would have seen dossena or degen at the club, its not rafa fault he is on a shoestring budget but the 2 lads to blame are the two american tw*ts. the sad thing on here is that some of you are deluding yourself that with the players we have signed will we challenge for the premiership next season, sadly we wont, not expecting much from next season to be honest. oh ya we did spend big once on a player and look how torres turned out, from what I remember we have 1 signing in the top 20 ever in the premiership it just shows what a job benitez has done.

I have realism, but I also have belief - something you clearly lack.
      I compared Alves to Riise, due to the fact that both are attack minded, and would be classed as wing backs.
      They are both great at going forward (maybe not so much from Riise this season), but clearly both lack the defensive abilities in say, a dedicated full back.
      Clearly you don't share the passion and pride of being a Red.
      You obviously want Liverpool to become another Chelsea, and buy whoever you want, a whatever cost. - Isn't going to happen.

one lad has even compared riise to alves what planet are you living on

By the way, I'm from Earth.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 01:22:17 pm by mrtommo »
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #104: Jun 09, 2008 05:01:22 pm
      Thats not exactly true though is it because chelsea signed sidwell, ben haim, belletti, pizzaro and alex; there not exactly world class players, they have also had boularouz. Yes I know we probably wont get quaresma but I wouldnt say it looks like we are about to get milner seeing as there has only been 1 or 2 bits of speculation about him.

yes the best way is up but if you look at the table you will see we were alot closer to united and chelsea and next season im sure we will be even better. also it was the 1st time arsenal were above us for a few seasons. you got to look at the fact that rafa is having alot more work to do because our dickhead owners wont provide a good amount of money where as the other teams are given that money. it will take time but rafa will get the league. it took fergie 7 years to get the league and now look at how many he has and im sure that will be rafa one day.

Oh no doubt Rafa is working on a stupidly tight budget. What i have seen though is the money that Rafa has generated through sales and buys compared to Fergies and Rafa has come up on top between 1-2m each season. Im'm fully behind rafa its just dissapointing that the players we dreamed of so much are joining other teams
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #105: Jun 10, 2008 08:00:34 pm
      no mr thommo unlike you i actually want us to compete for the title but unlike you i dont delude myself into believing that with the signings we have made we will be competing for the title because im not biased towards anyone we have signed does that not make me a liverpool fan, because from the best of my knowledge ive being following liverpool 25 years, im prob one of a few on here that has actually seen both deggen and dossena play, you obviously havent mr thommo comparing riise and alves is like comparing torres and heskey because they are attackers, why did barc spend so much for alves when they could have had riise for 5 and yes i want liverpool to be able to spend big on players so we can compete with the arsenal chelsea scum milan madrid barc because these are who we regularly play in the champions league and premiership, there is many reasons players are expensive, one of them being there are good and there teams dont want to lose them, thats why players like villa are 25 million plus and thats why will never buy them and the reason we cant compete, the only reason torres was sold was to try win over the fans by hicks and gillette, and because im a realist you mr thommo have the cheek to say im not a red you mustn't be a red if you don't want the best for liverpool because i for one would like to think we are one of the best teams in the world and to be considered this you sadly need the best players not players like dossena, deggen, milner, barry, reira etc
      evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #106: Jun 10, 2008 10:02:28 pm
      Corballyred

Could I introduce you to a little thing called the full stop.

Your post may be very interesting and full of valid points. Unfortunately I found it virtually unreadable.

MsGerrard
      Reply #107: Jun 10, 2008 10:30:40 pm
      Corballyred

Unfortunately I found it virtually unreadable.

A few Capital letters and paragraphs wouldn't go amiss either ::)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #108: Jun 11, 2008 12:38:46 am
      Corballyred

Your post may be very interesting and full of valid points. Unfortunately I found it virtually unreadable.

A few Capital letters and paragraphs wouldn't go amiss either ::)

In my personal opinion i think that we should make him re-write the whole thing as it is not at a suitable standard ;D (had an english exam the other day)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #109: Jun 11, 2008 06:23:15 am
      no mr thommo unlike you I actually want us to compete for the title but unlike you I dont delude myself into believing that with the signings we have made we will be competing for the title because im not biased towards anyone we have signed does that not make me a liverpool fan, because from the best of my knowledge ive being following liverpool 25 years, im prob one of a few on here that has actually seen both deggen and dossena play, you obviously havent mr thommo comparing riise and alves is like comparing torres and heskey because they are attackers, why did barc spend so much for alves when they could have had riise for 5 and yes I want liverpool to be able to spend big on players so we can compete with the arsenal chelsea scum milan madrid barc because these are who we regularly play in the champions league and premiership, there is many reasons players are expensive, one of them being there are good and there teams dont want to lose them, thats why players like villa are 25 million plus and thats why will never buy them and the reason we cant compete, the only reason torres was sold was to try win over the fans by hicks and gillette, and because im a realist you mr thommo have the cheek to say im not a red you mustn't be a red if you don't want the best for liverpool because I for one would like to think we are one of the best teams in the world and to be considered this you sadly need the best players not players like dossena, deggen, milner, barry, reira etc

Get Milan and Madrid out of that post. We dominate footbal on the European stage. Fair enough you make your point for our Prem form but we have shown that on a tight budget and players of lesser value, we can still win trophies on the biggest club stage.

Happy Birthday too mate, I got you a little something:

They are called full stops. Atleast put a few here and there in your posts to show your gratitude.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 06:25:19 am by crouchinho »

Quick Reply