Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 2553 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Jun 14, 2008 10:11:13 am
      We all know he wont leave but this worries me:

Chelsea convinced Liverpool ready to do Torres business

Chelsea will test the resolve of Liverpool over star striker Fernando Torres.

The Guardian says new Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has given the thumbs up to make a bid for the Spain international.

Although Liverpool lag some way behind Chelsea and United in terms of spending power, the thought of cashing in on Torres, the striker who scored 33 goals for them last time out, in his debut season, would cause uproar among their support.

Meanwhile, The Times says Chelsea have been told that one of the Americans is willing to let Torres go for the right price and are planning to test Liverpool's resolve with a bid.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/article.php?id=98095

Not the best source but those Yanks are F***ing clueless and it wouldnt surprise if one of them thought this. If they do, they better run for their lives.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2008 10:34:10 am
      Crouchino, look at the source  ::)

I don't even think this warrants a new topic to be honest, we've all heard what Torres and LFC have had to say on this matter, and its a non-starter. ;)

Take no notice, more sh*te from the media  ;)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160229080614-1019.htm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2008 10:36:25 am
      Yeah i know its not that i'm worried about, he rejected them before he signed for us but it was more a matter of concern at the last sentence. I wouldnt put it past them to think of cashing in.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2008 10:42:20 am
      I know, they can test all they want to, he is NOT for sale, no matter what the price, I think Hicks and Parry have both come out and said that.

Stop worrying Crouchino !!  ;)

They're at it with AC Milan as well, even though they've said Kaka's NOT for sale  ;)  they will try every player on Scolari's wish-list, they won't get them though,   :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1026181/Chelsea-plan-test-AC-Milans-resolve-Kaka-offer.html

And just to make you feel even better:   ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7453674.stm
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2008 10:51:24 am by smigger15 »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Jun 14, 2008 11:20:24 am
      He's looking very pretty on that last BBC link, Smiggs!  ;)  :laugh: He's going to make someone very jealous - is he smiling at Gerrard or Villa do you think?  :-*

(And no, I'm really not worried about Chelsea's chances of snapping him up!  ;D)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Jun 14, 2008 12:30:28 pm
      He's looking very pretty on that last BBC link, Smiggs!  ;)  :laugh: He's going to make someone very jealous - is he smiling at Gerrard or Villa do you think?  :-*

(And no, I'm really not worried about Chelsea's chances of snapping him up!  ;D)

Very cute indeed  :-*
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #6: Jun 14, 2008 03:09:17 pm
      if torres goes to chelsea then il commit suicide thats how confident i am he'll stay :lmao: wot a load of sh*t rumours. torres will make history at anfield trust me lads. chelsea my arse. scolari can F**k himself too d prems ours next season
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2008 03:17:58 pm
      I know, they can test all they want to, he is NOT for sale, no matter what the price, I think Hicks and Parry have both come out and said that.

Stop worrying Crouchino !!  ;)

They're at it with AC Milan as well, even though they've said Kaka's NOT for sale  ;)  they will try every player on Scolari's wish-list, they won't get them though,   :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1026181/Chelsea-plan-test-AC-Milans-resolve-Kaka-offer.html

And just to make you feel even better:   ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7453674.stm

God bless you Smiggs. :D :D

Saw that on the BBC this arvo (Aus time). I love the guy, what a man.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #8: Jun 15, 2008 10:40:41 am
      I aint worried that Torres will leave, more just getting sick to fcking death of Chelski thinking their money will get them whom ever they want.

Villa wont go there cause he isn't interested in the money. Kaka wont go there cause he knows it's a backwards step. Torres sure as sh*t wont go there cause again like Villa he isn't interested in money.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: Jun 15, 2008 10:45:42 am
      I aint worried that Torres will leave, more just getting sick to fcking death of Chelski thinking their money will get them whom ever they want.

Villa wont go there cause he isn't interested in the money. Kaka wont go there cause he knows it's a backwards step. Torres sure as sh*t wont go there cause again like Villa he isn't interested in money.

While Scolari has come out and said he only went to Chelsea for the money. Atleast people with moral's dont go there.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #10: Jun 15, 2008 10:48:42 am
      While Scolari has come out and said he only went to Chelsea for the money. Atleast people with moral's dont go there.

Yeah exactly my point.

I use to like watching Chelsea back in the 90's when they had Zola, Vialli, Poyet and the rest. They were good to watch. Now I hate them as much as  United and the bitters. Boils the blood thinking about them winning ANYTHING.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 15, 2008 11:56:46 am
      just goes to show there are some things money cant buy... for everything else there's mastercard (sorry couldnt resist)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Jun 15, 2008 12:00:46 pm
      I've said this before, and I shall say it again!

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is that so many people are giving these bullshit rumours so much thought!

If a transfer was to come in, it would only signal that Chelsea are sh*t scared of the fact that we have Torres! It's a compliment, at the end of the day! ;)

And even if it did happen, then the reply would be a hearty 'Thanks, but no thanks! Nando's ours! ;)'
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #13: Jun 15, 2008 12:03:46 pm
      I've said this before, and I shall say it again!

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is that so many people are giving these bullshit rumours so much thought!

If a transfer was to come in, it would only signal that Chelsea are sh*t scared of the fact that we have Torres! It's a compliment, at the end of the day! ;)

And even if it did happen, then the reply would be a hearty 'Thanks, but no thanks! Nando's ours! ;)'

You think would be that polite about it? Thought he would use a few more expletives
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jun 15, 2008 12:08:09 pm
      It's not the Fernando link to Chelsea i'm worried about, its the highlighted sentence. I wouldnt be surprised if the confidence in Chelsea to get Torres was a sign from the owners that if a right bid came in they would consider it. It was meant to highlight their incompetence. I guess looking back this should have been posted in the Hicks and Gillete thread.

Mods if you'd like, you can move it there.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #15: Jun 15, 2008 01:30:06 pm

I'd give them a hearty "Go F**k yourselves you Blue shites!"
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Jun 15, 2008 01:56:23 pm
      You think would be that polite about it? Thought he would use a few more expletives

I'd give them a hearty "Go F**k yourselves you Blue shites!"

Think we've all got more passion than Rick Parry for the club! Where's me CV gone?...... :P
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Jun 16, 2008 02:24:31 pm
      Nando reaffirms his loyalty to the Reds  ;D

Fernando Torres spells it out: I won’t be leaving Anfield

Jun 16 2008 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

FERNANDO TORRES has stamped out any speculation over Chelsea’s interest in his services – by issuing the firmest possible statement of intent about his Anfield future.

The Reds’ top scorer, who opened the scoring for Spain against Sweden on Saturday night, spoke about the transfer speculation afterwards.

“I want to say very clearly that I’m not on the market and that it’s my desire to continue at Liverpool,” he stressed.

“I’m very happy there and I want to carry on.

“I came to the club to win trophies. I have many years left on my contract and I expect to win some silverware there.

“I have gone through things I have never experienced before, like playing in a Champions League semi-final.

“And now that I have come within touching distance of glory I want it all.”

Torres added: “I know now what it means to be a champion and that’s made me even happier and hungrier for success.”

The Spanish striker also underlined that the off-field upheaval at the club in the past 12 months has not affected him.

“What has happened behind the scenes at the club has nothing to do with me,” he said.

“I don’t pay much attention to that stuff or to any of the problems. It hasn’t affected me at all.”

« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2008 02:26:43 pm by smigger15 »
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #18: Jun 16, 2008 02:51:38 pm
      Good job posting this smigger. Should calm a few nerves now.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Jun 16, 2008 02:53:47 pm
      Can Chelsea just F**k off now? 

They've been told enough times now that Torres is not for F***ing sale.  Don't even let them start on Gerrard again...  >:(
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #20: Jun 16, 2008 03:06:27 pm
      Can't remember which paper it was, think it might have been The Express, but they still managed to use this story with a headline along the lines of 'Torres staying put for now'.

tw*ts >:(

Quick Reply