Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Degen & Co

Read 3390 times
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh
      • Started Topic

• 117 posts |
      Degen & Co
      Jun 12, 2008 12:14:58 pm
      Just wondering peoples opinion on Degen who joins on the 1st July, i've watched both swiss games against czech & turkey, he's been a unused sub in both, thats abit worrying isnt it!!

I hope i'm wrong and hes proves himself to be a useful addition to next season's squad.

Also is Milner good enough? Another player we've been linked with is reira (excuse spelling) ex man city player, surely we should be buying/interested in better quality than what the papers are reporting, i realise half what the papers write is rubbish!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Degen & Co
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2008 01:05:12 pm
      Milner - no way
      Riera - man city reject
      Degan - can't even make swiss line up

says it all doesn't it? if we buy these kinds of players we won't get no where!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2008 01:06:54 pm
      Milner - no way
      Riera - man city reject

says it all doesn't it? if we buy these kinds of players we won't get no where!

Inter toto for us if we do matey
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2008 01:08:30 pm
      Inter toto for us if we do matey

Exactly. Obviously we'll have to see but Rafa has a problem with buying mediocre players...
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Jun 12, 2008 01:12:02 pm
      Exactly. Obviously we'll have to see but Rafa has a problem with buying mediocre players...
      I know and a team like tottenham are jumping in the market feet first and buying quality players like Giovanni and Modric,
      We are getting left behind we should be bidding for three quality players instead of 10 middle of the park players
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008 01:16:22 pm by LFC9 »
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #5: Jun 12, 2008 01:12:35 pm
      we're being linked with such average garbage !

its so depressing.. but this is what we have to accept.

we arent a club with a lot of csah and while we have these two c*nts in charge not much is gonna change .

get used to it.

i feel sorry for rafa and would love to see what he could do with a blank cheque and a few camels in the car park
      ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2008 02:26:07 pm

Considering he has just come back from injury i wouldnt judge.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2008 09:04:42 pm
      Considering he has just come back from injury I wouldn't judge.
      I agree with you 100%.

Come on, are you lfc supporters, we can't judge our own players without seeing them playing (degen), he come from 6 months injure. Did agger come back immediately?
      IRWT & don't critics our own players pls.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2008 04:46:19 am
      I agree with you 100%.

Come on, are you lfc supporters, we can't judge our own players without seeing them playing (degen), he come from 6 months injure. Did agger come back immediately?
      IRWT & don't critics our own players pls.
      Well said lad. Just because he was a free transfer it doesnt mean he is sh*t. If we were going off reputation' on arrival, Arby, Agger and Skrtel would be out of here.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2008 05:10:12 am
      Well said lad. Just because he was a free transfer it doesnt mean he is sh*t. If we were going off reputation' on arrival, Arby, Agger and Skrtel would be out of here.

I guess the frustrating thing for most people is the fact that we were being linked with the likes of Alves not so long ago. Then these two yanks come in throwing around such tales of false funds that we all expected a real super star squad to be built.

Now we're buying a freebie/unproven player and are being linked with mediocre english players like Downing and Milner.

It is a little disappointing to say the least.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2008 05:18:20 am
      Downing is just that, a link. No activity on him whatsoever. We're also being linked with David Villa, David Silva, Ricardo Quarsema (some people are happy),Gareth Barry and people dont comment on that.

This is all impatient nit picking by the lot of you.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2008 05:23:21 am
      Downing is just that, a link. No activity on him whatsoever. We're also being linked with David Villa, David Silva, Ricardo Quarsema (some people are happy),Gareth Barry and people dont comment on that.

This is all impatient nit picking by the lot of you.

Me? What have I done? I just simply put forward a plausible reason as to why people might be a little annoyed at our current links to said players.

We haver more concret rumors linking us with Downing than with Silva and Villa. The only thing linking Villa to us is a hug.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2008 05:31:42 am
      Concrete? Give me 3 article's that have quotes in them from Boro or us concerning Downing coming here.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2008 05:38:21 am
      Concrete? Give me 3 article's that have quotes in them from Boro or us concerning Downing coming here.

I didn't say it was rock solid. Just meant in comparison to Silva and Villa we have more linking us to downing.

Don't know why you're having a pop at me about this. If anything I agree with you in the sense that you can't judge a player without seeing them play.

I was just simply stating a reason as to why some people could be a little disappointed with our signings compared to other teams. That's all.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jun 13, 2008 05:42:50 am
      We haver more concret rumors linking us with Downing than with Silva and Villa. The only thing linking Villa to us is a hug.

Sounds like you were saying it was rock solid to me.

Dont be shy, im not having a pop. Just wondering why you think it is all.

Also, you took offence to me sayinig the 'lot of you' as if it were personally targetted to you.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2008 07:13:03 am
      Sounds like you were saying it was rock solid to me.

Dont be shy, im not having a pop. Just wondering why you think it is all.

Also, you took offence to me sayinig the 'lot of you' as if it were personally targetted to you.

Don't want to be lumped in with people who share a different opinion to myself.

Concrete was just a generalization.
      Reds4eveR
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • u'll never walk alone!!!
      Reply #16: Jun 13, 2008 09:19:54 am
      i thnk rafa will do the job after euro"???  and for barry case i thnk 15 million is a gud offer and if villa dnt like it they better keep their man and we luk for a gud attacking midfield! For the new players in the squad they have to prove smthng. well i thnk wat we need is is 3 quality player( left wing , right wing and an attacking midfielder if alonso leaves) now if crouch will leave, we hv to buy a quality striker!!

now with the money we get from players who r sold, we can try to get new man for the weak positions!

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Jun 13, 2008 12:00:24 pm
      Very harsh talking about Degan like that, who's just come back from a long term injury. In no way am I promising that the lad will be a complete success, just that you shouldn't judge him 'till we've seen how he plays in the Premiership. We've bought him because he's a good option for free, and with a tight budget we can't afford to spend big bucks on players in every position this summer. By buying what looks like a decent right back for free, Rafa has left himself with more spending power elsewhere. Now, I do agree that it's a little disheartening to be linked with the likes of Milner and Downing, who aren't the players to take us further forward. The only reason I can think of Rafa going for them is if a minimum number of home grown players was required, and then buying up the best and most promising in English talent would seem like a good idea wouldn't it? Now having said that I do hope we don't buy these two, but I don't actually think we will, Rafa will look elsewhere, and I get the feeling this is just tabloid talk.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #18: Jun 13, 2008 04:44:48 pm

Why do you always think that the players Rafa buys are not very good? Yes sometimes every manager makes a few mistakes with signings (like Voronin last season - but hey he was free), but the quality Rafa has bought in with the few funds he has is incredible. Torres is not worth 21 million, Chelsea are bidding 50 million and I'm sure if they're interested it will go up. Rafa bought a player worth 50 million for 21 million. Do you not think that's a good signing?

Do you not think that Babel who we bought for something like 16-18 million is a good signing? Last season we saw his potential and next season I'm sure he'll be on fire. Was that not a good signing?  Mascherano - one of the BEST defensive midfielders in the world, one of the best. Got him for like 18 million. Not a good signing?

What annoys me is that you haven't even seen Degan play. Noone has seen him play enough to judge him. So let's not judge a player until the season begins. I read in a thrend that you also had a problem with Babel last year ??? You thought he wanted to move to Arsenal AFTER he signed for us? You judged him on one match and one match only and came to the strangest conclusion.

The only way we can judge a player is by supporting the club they play for and watching games every single week. Then we can see if he's good or not. I dont want to seem to be having a go at you but this is a problem that I have with a lot of our fans, they judge way too early. Just because he's on the bench for Switzerland does NOT mean that he's crap. And just because he came on a free does also not mean he's crap. Just have a bit of trust in Benitez. If he thinks that these players are good enough for Liverpool then we will have to go by his judgement until we see him play.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2008 07:48:27 pm by IB »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Jun 13, 2008 05:07:14 pm
      Why do you always think that the players Rafa buys are not very good? Yes sometimes every manager makes a few mistakes with signings (like Voronin last season - but hey he was free), but the quality Rafa has bought in with the few funds he has is incredible. Torres is not worth 21 million, Chelsea are bidding 50 million and I'm sure if they're interested it will go up. Rafa bought a player worth 50 million for 21 million. Do you not think that's a good signing?

Do you not think that Babel who we bought for something like 16-18 million is a good signing? Last season we saw his potential and next season I'm sure he'll be on fire. Was that not a good signing?  Mascherano - one of the BEST defensive midfielders in the world, one of the best. Got him for like 18 million. Not a good signing?

What annoys me is that you haven't even seen Degan play. Noone has seen him play enough to judge him. So let's not judge a player until the season begins. I read in a thrend that you also had a problem with Babel last year ??? You thought he wanted to move to Arsenal AFTER he signed for us? You judged him on one match and one match only and came to the strangest conclusion.

The only way we can judge a player is by supporting the club they play for and watching games every single week. Then we can see if he's good or not. I dont want to seem to be having a go at you but this is a problem that I have with a lot of our fans, they judge way too early. Just because he's on the bench for Switzerland does NOT mean that he's crap. And just because he came on a free does also not mean he's crap. Just have a bit of trust in Benitez. If he thinks that these players are good enough for Liverpool then they we will have to go by his judgement until we see him play.

Just to strengthen your arguement, Babel signed for 11.5 million.

Agree with everything you state mate, very good post. Alot of fans are starting to tick me off when they come out and bash the signings of Dossena and Degen. We payed 7 million for him, something must be special otherwise Rafa wouldnt buy him. None have seen them play at all and judge, get your noggin's checked and wait till you see them play.

I'm definately going to bring this up if i'm right or not on Dossena that he will be a good signing for us going off Rafa's judgement.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Jun 13, 2008 09:58:58 pm
      i would judge him for not playing, this swiss team are one of the worst teams to play in the euros and dont forget they are one of the hosts, there right back licheinstenier is absolutely abysmal, if degen was so unfit he wouldnt have being brought, a 20% fit degen i would be hoping is better than licheinsteiner or we really are in trouble.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Jun 14, 2008 04:35:51 am
      Its not matter of that mate. Playing after just coming back may cause further problems to his injury. Dont be so stubborn, he hasnt even played and your judging him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Jun 15, 2008 06:38:13 pm
      sure if he not fit enough to play why was he brought crouchinho

Quick Reply