Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Nikola Saric (Herfolge)

Read 6538 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Nikola Saric (Herfolge)
      Jun 26, 2008 02:29:28 pm
      There is reports on sky sports news that we have agreed a deal for a defender called Nikola Saric with Danish club Herfolge. Does anybody know anything of this lad? Is there any thing in the local press in Liverpool about this?
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2008 02:56:54 pm by JD »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Nikola Saric
      Reply #1: Jun 26, 2008 02:40:03 pm
      On tv or website?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2008 02:41:04 pm
      Rafa swoops to sign Saric

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Herfolge to sign Nikola Saric on a three-year contract despite reported rival interest from Tottenham and Barcelona.

The 17-year-old starlet is heading to Anfield after Rafa Benitez tied up the deal personally, which surprised the Danish club.

All that remains is for Saric to put pen-to-paper on his contract at Anfield but he has already expressed his delight at clinching the move.

"'This is Rafa' he said," recalled sports director Per Rud to the club's official website when asked about how the transfer came about. "I almost thought it was a lie!

"We are pleased and proud that Nikola has gone to one of the world's best football clubs. We would have liked to have earned more money from Nikola but his injury and the fact that his contract expired in the New Year made it difficult.

"Liverpool acted extremely well in all cases and knew all the details. They have been fair in the process and could've waited until the New Year but they will have him over now."

Saric, a technically gifted left-footed number 10, is enthusiastic about linking up with the superstars of the first team on Merseyside.

"It is a unique opportunity for me," the Denmark Under-18 international informed Dagbladet Koge.

"I will train with the big names over there and there is time for me to develop at reserve level.

"I am very pleased with the development as it has been a very tough season for me."

Herfolge claimed on their official website that Spurs, Barca and Charlton wanted the talented striker, who is reckoned to be one of their best-ever players, after offering him trials.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2008 02:45:17 pm
      Cheers clint. Sky suggested he was a defender not too many of them wear number 10  :f_doh:. Another young player signed and sounds like a good deal considering the intrest in him
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2008 02:45:35 pm
      There is reports on sky sports news that we have agreed a deal for a defender called Nikola Saric with Danish club Herfolge. Does anybody know anything of this lad? Is there any thing in the local press in Liverpool about this?
      He is not defender, he is an attacker.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2008 02:46:21 pm
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2008 02:58:19 pm
      I took this from Herfolge official website but we need someone to translite danish to english (where is agger) :

Nikola Saric skifter til Liverpool
      Kun et lægetjek og en underskrift skiller Nikola Saric fra et drømmeskifte til storklubben Liverpool!

Han har længe været jagtet af adskillige europæiske storklubber og har tidligere været på prøvetræning I både FC Barcelona, Tottenham og Charlton Athletic, men I dag kom det frem, at det bliver de tidligere Champions League-vindere fra Liverpool der får papir på Herfølges stortalent.

"Det er en enestående mulighed for mig. Jeg skal træne med de store navne derovre, og får tid til at udvikle mig på reserveholdet, og jeg er meget glad for udviklingen på det her, for det har været en meget hård sæson for mig", siger hovedpersonen I dagens udgave af DAGBLADET.

Stolt sportsdirektør
      Det er ikke kun Nikola Saric selv der er glad for, at skiftet er faldet på plads - også Herfølges sportsdirektør glæder sig over aftalen.

"Vi er glade og stolte over, at Nikola er kommet til en af klodens bedste fodboldklubber. Vi ville gerne have tjent flere penge på Nikola, men det var "pakken" ikke til efter omstændighederne. Hans skade og det faktum, at hans kontrakt udløb til nytår gjorde det svært, og Liverpool var ekstremt godt inde I sagerne og kendte alle detaljer", fortæller Per Rud og fortsætter:

"De (Liverpool) har været fair I forløbet og kunne jo bare vente til nytår. Men de vil have ham over nu, og det får de så", siger altså Per Rud til DAGBLADET direkte fra Herfølges træningslejr I Grækenland.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2008 03:21:49 pm
      He looks realy really good, in five years time he could be on of our best players!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2008 03:41:06 pm
      I took this from Herfolge official website but we need someone to translite danish to english (where is agger) :

:D

I don't understand Danish, but looking at the layout of the article, the quotations, and the clubs mentioned, it is likely to be the original text from which the earlier article in English has been translated.

He seems an excellent prospect, if only a small percentage of the young talent breaks through into the first team in a few years, we're still going to have a surplus of top players! I love Rafa's ability to snap up these lads left, right and centre, it's really reassuring for the future of the club. Plus the fact that if he makes so much effort with the kids, it's because he wants to be here in 5 years time to see them at senior level!  ;D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2008 03:44:46 pm
      He seems an excellent prospect, if only a small percentage of the young talent breaks through into the first team in a few years, we're still going to have a surplus of top players! I love Rafa's ability to snap up these lads left, right and centre, it's really reassuring for the future of the club. Plus the fact that if he makes so much effort with the kids, it's because he wants to be here in 5 years time to see them at senior level!  ;D
      That means rafa want be here for many years. Hope next year we win the league 'cos he needs to show his ability to other managers. Reds fans know his ability.
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2008 04:13:51 pm
      That means rafa want be here for many years. Hope next year we win the league 'cos he needs to show his ability to other managers. Reds fans know his ability.
      i think is great that rafa buying young this show he will stay and he will get us the league,although i still think we need some world class players for now not the future
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2008 04:33:52 pm
      Yet another one for the future. Looks like he'll be fighting with Nemeth for the 'next big thing' tag up front.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2008 04:36:33 pm
      If barca were earger to buy him that should show you the future the lads got ahead of him, and the same can be said of rafa wanting to buy him
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2008 07:38:11 am
      Will he ever play in our starting 11 !

I'm so scepticle of these bright young signings - how many materialise into stars or first team players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2008 08:22:52 am
      If 3 of them turn into first team players you can consider it a success. You never know if you dont try. Its reassuring to have up and coming stars in our youth ranks, if 1 turns into a star in professional football then its saved us 25 million in the future.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2008 12:04:07 pm
      This lad sounds great, seems to be getting only good words about him and looks a good attacking player. I wonder how long it will take him to break into the first team.

On the subject of youth players, emmanuel adebayor is a perfect example of why you shouldnt sell youth players straight away while they are still young instead of giving them a chance. adebayor was not such a good finisher at first, wenger gave him a chance he got better and managed around 30 goals last season, now they are looking at getting SIX TIMES the amount they paid for him, they turned £5 million into £30 million in just two years. We always seem to need a bit more money in the transfer market so maybe if we arent going to keep a player we should let them play a bit of first team football to showcase their talent then sell them, could earn us some more money even if its not a huge amount, it would be worth it if we could get back atleast twice what we paid. Just a thought.

Out of interest does anyone think we will ever see someone break into our first team properly at under 20 years old ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2008 12:23:15 pm
      Unless they are a superstar, i dont see it TBH under Rafa. Unless they are bought from another top club and have a reputation already then it will be very difficult. Insua for example has been good enough either this season just gone or the one before and has yet to be given a solid shot and with the arrival of Dossena it looks very difficult indeed for him to break through. Then Nemeth and now Saric has Nando to fight with plus any other striker we bring in so he wont be in any time soon and Plessis has Xabi/Barry, Masch and Lucas ahead of him.

But personally, i hope we do. Insua and Nemeth especially are stars in the making who are close to the first team. Hopefully either next season or the season after we will see these guys playing a part in the first team.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2008 02:18:16 pm
      Unless they are a superstar, I dont see it TBH under Rafa. Unless they are bought from another top club and have a reputation already then it will be very difficult. Insua for example has been good enough either this season just gone or the one before and has yet to be given a solid shot and with the arrival of Dossena it looks very difficult indeed for him to break through. Then Nemeth and now Saric has Nando to fight with plus any other striker we bring in so he wont be in any time soon and Plessis has Xabi/Barry, Masch and Lucas ahead of him.

But personally, I hope we do. Insua and Nemeth especially are stars in the making who are close to the first team. Hopefully either next season or the season after we will see these guys playing a part in the first team.

You hope we do? So you'd rather we played some youth for the sake of giving them experience rather than playing our best team, even if that means playing some 28 year old instead of a promising 19 year old? I'm all for youth, and I've constantly cried for Rafa to use a youth team in the Carling Cup, but sacrficing our first team just because there are younger players who in a year or two might be better isn't going to get us near a title this year.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Jun 28, 2008 02:28:47 pm
      looks a very good footballer and a great signing- in saying that, he is playing in the danish league
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Nikola Saric (Herfolge)
      Reply #19: Jun 28, 2008 02:58:56 pm
      Article above ran through an online Danish translator.

Nikola Saric going to Liverpool

Only one medical check and a signature separate Nikola Saric from a dream change to the great club Liverpool!

He has for a long time been hunted for by quite a few European great clubs and has earlier been in test training you both FC Barcelona, Tottenham and Charlton Athletic, but Today it emerged that it becomes the more former Champions League-winners from Liverpool who paperize Herfølge's big talent.

"It is an exceptional possibility for me."
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #20: Jun 28, 2008 03:37:49 pm
      Article above ran through an online Danish translator.

Thanks to translate my article. :)
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Jun 28, 2008 06:16:51 pm

Nikola Saric skifter til Liverpool
      Kun et lægetjek og en underskrift skiller Nikola Saric fra et drømmeskifte til storklubben Liverpool!

Han har længe været jagtet af adskillige europæiske storklubber og har tidligere været på prøvetræning I både FC Barcelona, Tottenham og Charlton Athletic, men I dag kom det frem, at det bliver de tidligere Champions League-vindere fra Liverpool der får papir på Herfølges stortalent.

"Det er en enestående mulighed for mig. Jeg skal træne med de store navne derovre, og får tid til at udvikle mig på reserveholdet, og jeg er meget glad for udviklingen på det her, for det har været en meget hård sæson for mig", siger hovedpersonen I dagens udgave af DAGBLADET.

Stolt sportsdirektør
      Det er ikke kun Nikola Saric selv der er glad for, at skiftet er faldet på plads - også Herfølges sportsdirektør glæder sig over aftalen.

"Vi er glade og stolte over, at Nikola er kommet til en af klodens bedste fodboldklubber. Vi ville gerne have tjent flere penge på Nikola, men det var "pakken" ikke til efter omstændighederne. Hans skade og det faktum, at hans kontrakt udløb til nytår gjorde det svært, og Liverpool var ekstremt godt inde I sagerne og kendte alle detaljer", fortæller Per Rud og fortsætter:

"De (Liverpool) har været fair I forløbet og kunne jo bare vente til nytår. Men de vil have ham over nu, og det får de så", siger altså Per Rud til DAGBLADET direkte fra Herfølges træningslejr I Grækenland.

The article is almost the same as the one in english. All the quotes are translated directly and the words in between the quotes dont say anything new.

I remember danish press reporting about his trial in Barcelona some time ago, but besides that I havent heard of him or seen him play. But sounds promising.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #22: Jun 28, 2008 11:34:52 pm
      Just imagine a first eleven in some years including all of Rafa's moulded players. That is going to be some team! Lets wait with fingers crossed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #23: Jun 29, 2008 04:00:34 am
      You hope we do? So you'd rather we played some youth for the sake of giving them experience rather than playing our best team, even if that means playing some 28 year old instead of a promising 19 year old? I'm all for youth, and I've constantly cried for Rafa to use a youth team in the Carling Cup, but sacrficing our first team just because there are younger players who in a year or two might be better isn't going to get us near a title this year.

If you read my post carefully, i said hopefully they will play A PART in the first team.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #24: Jul 07, 2008 03:28:25 pm
      REDS SWOOP FOR DANISH STARLET
      Steve Hunter 07 July 2008 from lfc.tv

Liverpool have signed promising Danish youth international striker Nikola Saric on a three year deal.
      The 17-year-old, who was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia, is an Under-18 international for Denmark.

The former Herfolge player was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

In 2007 Saric was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year.

That's good for our reserve team!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #25: Jul 07, 2008 03:35:10 pm
      REDS SWOOP FOR DANISH STARLET
      Steve Hunter 07 July 2008 from lfc.tv

Liverpool have signed promising Danish youth international striker Nikola Saric on a three year deal.
      The 17-year-old, who was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia, is an Under-18 international for Denmark.

The former Herfolge player was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

In 2007 Saric was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year.

That's good for our reserve team!

Hope he's better than Brouwer.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Jul 07, 2008 06:10:11 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has beaten off strong competition from a number of clubs to sign Danish teenage striker Nikola Saric on a three-year-deal.

The 17-year-old former Herfolge player was thought to interest clubs such as Barcelona and Spurs.

But Benitez has won the race for the player, who was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

Saric told Herfolge's official website: "Of course, I want to join Liverpool FC.

"I will get to train with the big names over there and develop in the reserves.

Tremendous chance
      "It is a tremendous chance for me and I am very happy.

"Since I feel the time is right and that I am mature enough for a new challenge, we have been waiting for the right club to come with an offer."

Herfolge sports director Per Rud was also pleased to secure the deal with the Reds.

He said: "We have tried to protect Nikola as much as we could, but you can't control the media.

"It is unbelievable how many enquiries we have got on Nikola, but when it comes to serious negotiations, it has been far between them.

Proud
      "We are happy and proud that Nikola will join one of the best clubs in the world.

"We are also happy that Herfolge have earned some money and we feel we have deserved that."

Saric was born in Sarajevo but is a Danish Under-18 international and was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year in 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona eh!

Quick Reply