Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Urgent: Opinions wanted on naming rights for new stadium

Read 4687 times
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 29 posts |
      • Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!!!
      Urgent: Opinions wanted on naming rights for new stadium
      Jun 26, 2008 11:14:49 pm
      I have just got this post of SOS of Anfield Road http://www.anfieldroad.co.uk/forum/liverpool-fc/new-stadium-naming-rights-etc/

They want the post putting up one the board as new thread as they are going on city talk tommorow and they do not have a login for this site.  I cannot start a new thread for some reason so will some one please put it in as anew thread for them.  Thanks alot.

Doing City Talk in the morning, not often that you get the heads up, usually they ring and get you out of bed, giving you 5 minutes before your on.

They want to talk about the new stadium, about the possibility of naming rights on it.

They want the fans view, and no doubt a Union slant.

Its all off the back of them speaking to Dalglish, who said he would rather see the money given to Rafa for players.

Then that Tom Cannon (the bitter blue financial "expert") is gonna have a say, he reckons the club will have already looked at getting a sponsor for the ground.

Then me. Fans view.

My view is mixed. Personally I agree with Kenny. I would prefer to see us winning leagues again at Anfield before moving elsewhere. Be continually successful. Should the stadium go ahead (I will talk about the money not being there) I think the issue of naming rights will come up. Should it be called Anfield? I don't know. Some people will always call it that regardless, some will want to keep tradition, others will never see it as the same place so want a new name. Others don't care. If they want a sponsors name on it, or any name for that matter, they should ask fans for their view. Be careful in our choice, be sure that if we go down this route we get the best price. After all, we tie in to a deal, then 5 years down the line we start winning leagues and European Cups year after year, we will have lost out. But essentially, consult with fans, season ticket holders, fan card holders, PTS. All those who go the stadium. A chance to have their tuppence worth, and then its fair.

As for the stadium happening, with costs going up, and no steel yet bought, then we might be talking about naming a hole in the ground rather than a stadium.

So what are other peoples views on naming rights? Just so I can get an idea, give across a balanced view.

Never let it be said we are undemocratic.

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2008 12:29:10 am by redkenny »
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 29 posts |
      Re: Work to start on New Anfield (June 2008)
      Reply #1: Jun 26, 2008 11:16:15 pm
      Here is the requestb of SOS for the above post to be put out across all forums.

I have posted this on RAOTL, RAWK, Irish Kop, On The Kop, YNWA, and Anfield Road.

I don't have log ins for any other sites, so if you do, can you please post it on there on my behalf (just one of you not all, I don't want to flood the internet), and post a link in this thread so I can get feedback from them sites.

Thanks
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Urgent: Opinions wanted on naming rights for new stadium
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2008 12:46:15 am
      Not sure he'll get massive feedback to take note of with such short notice. Although this will be worth a listen.

http://www.citytalk.fm/ between 08:00 - 08:30 27 June 08

I think if we are going to have a stadium with these yanks - however unlikely as it may seem - there will only be a profitable name for the stadium. Of course the vast majority of true reds will always call it Anfield no matter what. But there will be even more anger if we totally sell out and have a 'Subway' stadium or the like....

There needs to be focus on where our club has come from and what's been associated with us in our great past. Crown Paints anyone?

Most importantly though. Now's not a time to be wasting money with drains. Give more money to Rafa.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2008 12:48:32 am
      The 'Hitachi' Stadium  ;)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2008 10:14:42 am
      Personnally just keep it named as anfield but I happen to agree 100% with KK give the money to Rafa for players to win us the league. Then once that is done call the stadium the Dalglish stadium say 10 years down the line when it actually gets built. I think this issue is rather irrelivant to be honest and the fans should be concentrating on getting to grips with having to fork out between 20 and 30 quid for their fan cards the season after next, I will have to fork out 138 quid before I see a ball kicked and thats per season, so I wont probably ever see the next stadium because Im just not going to be to afford to go with it probably being raised to 50 quid a ticket once the building phase gets under way. Oh and before anyone starts mark my words 50 quid a ticket will be with us sooner than you think.
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 29 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2008 10:19:47 am
      @redkenny nice one for that, I think he just wants to get some feedback anyway I don't think he wants it just for the radio show.  I actualy tried to PM but I wasn't allowed to so I just posted a few posts to get my numbers up.  Like I said though I am sorry for being such a pain in the backside and your help is greatly appreaciated.  I take you are a moderator.

I agree with what you are saying the fans always will call it Anfield no matter what.  They are also debating whether we should move to a new stadium and start winning trophies before we move to a new stadium.  I personally reckon that if it was viable to stay at Anfield then we would stay put, but if you look at how far ahead the Mancs and Arsenal are then I think we need to move to a new stadium.

Quick Reply