Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Blatant rip-off of Evertons - Keep it in the City

Read 2570 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Blatant rip-off of Evertons - Keep it in the City
      Reply #23: Jun 28, 2008 02:55:46 pm
      I am not saying that the locals do not buy replica tops, but what makes us more money than say someone like everton is that we have a bigger support from outside the city.  We do not sell enough shirts just in this city to keep us in the top 4.

We didn't do too badly in the 60s and 70s when the vast majority of support was not from all four corners of the world.

If you think shirt sales and merchandising are the reasons we are in the top four you are sorely mistaken.

Ticket sales and television money are by far the biggest contributors to the coffers.

Everton are pushing hard for the top four.  Is this because of their worldwide fan base?

No.

I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!!!
      Reply #24: Jun 28, 2008 03:03:13 pm
      We didn't do too badly in the 60s and 70s when the vast majority of support was not from all four corners of the world.

If you think shirt sales and merchandising are the reasons we are in the top four you are sorely mistaken.

Ticket sales and television money are by far the biggest contributors to the coffers.

Everton are pushing hard for the top four.  Is this because of their worldwide fan base?

No.

I am sorry but if you look at how big man u are compared to us when in the term of how much we get in from TV right's from the CL and the PREM the difference does not come from TV money it comes from marketing and Merchaniseing.  During the 70's and 80's money wasn't a contributing factor in who won trophies likeit is today that is why a lot more teams where winning the league and the European cup.  Today if you can't win the prem its because you can't compete with them financially.  Lower teams cannot keep their top playes because the top teams prise them away with huge amounts of money it didn't happenn in the 80' and 70's.  Money has become more important than being able to bring in your own talent from the acadamy.
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 28, 2008 03:06:28 pm

No.

And when Everton go into europe they are absolutly hopless because their team is full of sh*t and because they can't afford to have a big enough squad to compete in Europe as well as in the prem.  that didn't happen in the 80's and 70's.  And if money isn't really that important then why are we getting into debt for a brand new stadium.
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 28, 2008 03:07:12 pm
      Not at all.  Any supporter who wants to go badly enough can.

Well if thats the case then it's net really having this discusion then is it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #27: Jun 28, 2008 04:11:14 pm
      Well if thats the case then it's net really having this discusion then is it?

With reference to my point about ticket sales happening at the windows at Anfield first.
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 29, 2008 08:51:22 am

When we've got a new stadium, and a fresh slate - do you not think any local fan who wants a season ticket should get first shout?  And in that case - would they not want to be in 'The Kop'.

I have to object to this statement, anyone who wants a season ticket can join the waiting list, and take their turn in queue.

Theres no way local fans who want a season ticket can jump ahead of the the rest of the people who have been waiting patiently for years!

Quick Reply