Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Anderson... Youth Squad!

Read 3660 times
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 263 posts |
      Anderson... Youth Squad!
      Apr 13, 2006 10:13:16 pm
      Did anyone watch the 1st leg of the FA Youth Cup tonight?
      Our youth squad are fantastic... especially Anderson. I think Rafa might want to keep a hold of him for 1st team football. He's really good. He was all over the park tonight, he had a few shots on goal and set at least one of the 3 goals up. Brilliant.
      He's a keeper.  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Anderson... Youth Squad!
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2006 10:49:48 pm
      Quote from: "giddy76"
      Did anyone watch the 1st leg of the FA Youth Cup tonight?
      Our youth squad are fantastic... especially Anderson. I think Rafa might want to keep a hold of him for 1st team football. He's really good. He was all over the park tonight, he had a few shots on goal and set at least one of the 3 goals up. Brilliant.
      He's a keeper.  ;)

Wow, what a night !  I went to watch our youngsters and they did us proud, outstanding performances from everyone.  Our goalie is brilliant as well and he made a couple fine saves as well as producing excellent goal kicks.  Definitely a good selection for the future and GUESS WHAT ?  I SHOOK HANDS WITH RAFA BENITEZ !!!!!  I'm still buzzin".  As we were walking past the players entrance a couple of cars pulled up and out comes Rafa, i was thrilled to bits, even though he was flanked by security, i managed to step in front of him and shake his hand and say "pleased to meet you !! "  That made my night i can tell you.  I got Paco's autograph as well so a good time was had by all       :D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2006 11:33:03 pm
      Quote from: "smigger15"

I SHOOK HANDS WITH RAFA BENITEZ !!!!!  I'm still buzzin".  As we were walking past the players entrance a couple of cars pulled up and out comes Rafa, i was thrilled to bits, even though he was flanked by security, i managed to step in front of him and shake his hand and say "pleased to meet you !! "  That made my night i can tell you.  I got Paco's autograph as well so a good time was had by all       :D

Smigger is officially the new forum royalty - good on yer.

It was a great game too - promising signs and well done to everyone who turned up.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2006 08:42:20 am
      Quote from: "Jabba"
      Quote from: "smigger15"

I SHOOK HANDS WITH RAFA BENITEZ !!!!!  I'm still buzzin".  As we were walking past the players entrance a couple of cars pulled up and out comes Rafa, i was thrilled to bits, even though he was flanked by security, i managed to step in front of him and shake his hand and say "pleased to meet you !! "  That made my night i can tell you.  I got Paco's autograph as well so a good time was had by all       :D

Smigger is officially the new forum royalty - good on yer.

It was a great game too - promising signs and well done to everyone who turned up.

thanks Jabba, still buzzin' this mornin"  !!!!i hehehe  ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Anderson... Youth Squad!
      Reply #4: Apr 21, 2006 10:57:49 pm
      Well done to the Youth team - a backs to the wall job but well held on.

A great display from the 4,000 travelling fans too - a great night for the future of our club hopefully.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2008 08:33:53 pm
      Talks Held With Liverpool Starlet
      June 20 2008 20:10 by Phil Sumbler

Roberto Martinez held talks with Liverpool winger Paul Anderson this week as he looks to secure his loan services for the new season.

Martinez is understood to have flown back from holiday to try and gain the services of Anderson for next season although he is not expecting to hear from the player until next week.

He has long since held the desire to complete the signing again of the player along with Manchester United striker Febian Brandy who spent the end of last season at the Liberty.

And his view is echoed by skipper Garry Monk who believes that both players would do a good job for the Swans next season after their spells here last season.

Speaking to the Evening Post, Monk said "It would be great if we could get Ando back, but that situation is out of the club's control

"The club can only do what it's done and give them a chance to prove themselves at a higher level.

"I know Forest are interested in Paul and his old man lives in Nottingham and is keen for him to go there.

"In football, things don't always work out and if he doesn't come, I'm sure someone else will.

"Febian is still really young. His talent's still quite raw and I don't think he knows how to play a striker's role fully yet.

"The Championship will be much better than League One, but if Febian comes back I'm sure he's good enough to adapt."

Earlier this week Huw Jenkins said that the club could not wait indefinitely for the two signatures but, certainly in the case of Anderson, it looks like Roberto is determined to get his man.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2008 10:46:44 pm
      He did pretty well in League 1 so maybe he will do the same in the championship and continue to improve :)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2008 10:52:16 pm
      Hope he does well, deserves to seems like a nice lad who just wants to play football and it is a shame he hasnt been given a real chance at liverpool.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Jun 21, 2008 12:07:51 pm
      Bring him back I say, he's looked very impressive on loan but needs to be tested in the Prem. With 7 subs on the bench he could be given a few opportunities to show what he's got, if not I think we should at least be looking to loan him to another Premiership club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jun 21, 2008 03:50:03 pm
      Exactly Ed. I think Nemeth, Insua and Anderson should be n the bench next season.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #10: Jun 24, 2008 11:52:46 am
      Youngster wants loan move

There's a handful of clubs trying to sign Paul Anderson on loan. Anderson has had a successful season after impressing in League One for Swansea City.

Nottingham Forest are willing to fork out as much as £750,000 for the youngster on a permanent deal, but it's believed that Anderson is more interested in a loan move to Swansea.

Swansea's manager Roberto Martinez told the club's official site, “I met with Paul and we agreed that as far as football reasons go it's clear, he wants to play for Swansea City,”

”We are delighted about that, but there are three parties here, ourselves Liverpool and the player, and we must all come together now on an agreement.”

”We all know how excited Paul is about playing Championship football and we’re delighted that he wants to do it with us.”

”Paul has told me he wants to come back here and that he is happy to carry on his development with Swansea, but now we need to finalise things.”

Like always our young, good players are loan out. It's good to give him opportunity to play but he needs to train with our legends Gerrard, torres, masch. to improve also
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Jun 24, 2008 12:27:46 pm
      He's 21 (?) He cant be sent out on loan anymore. He has to come back and fight and earn his place. No taking the easy way out. He has the talent to play a part and can improve immensly.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Jun 24, 2008 03:35:59 pm
      Really dissapointed he isnt getting a chance. Doesnt seem fair.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Jun 24, 2008 08:03:20 pm
      Maybe it would be good for him to go out on loan for one more season and then just stay at liverpool and if he cant get into the team then maybe it would be best if went for good
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #14: Jun 26, 2008 03:47:15 pm
      Forest Kop Anderson Deal
      Thu 26 Jun 2008

Nottingham Forest set up their second close season capture today when Liverpool agreed to the season long loan of highly-rated midfielder Paul Anderson.

In doing so they beat off a rival bid by fellow promoted side Swansea City to take the player back to the Liberty Stadium for a second season.

The paperwork is expected to be completed in time for the 19 year old winger to report for pre-season training with the rest of the players on Tuesday.

Anderson spent last season on loan with the League One Champions and scored eight goals in 27 starts and nine substitute appearances.

He was out for some time following a knee injury sustained against Forest at The City Ground but went on to be named their Young Player of the Year.

But he was made aware of Forest's interest and after talks with manager Colin Calderwood jumped at the chance of a move back to his native East Midlands.

He said: "I enjoyed last season at Swansea but after speaking to Forest I just felt that it was the right move for me.

"I'm joining a big club in Forest and I am very excited about the challenge of trying to help them make an impact in the Championship.

"I realise I will face a battle to get into the team because there are some very good players here but I have confidence in my ability to do that."

Anderson, who originally comes from Melton Mowbray, was released by West Brom as a youngster. He joined Hull City and in January 2006 got a dream move to Anfield, where he figured in their Youth Cup winning side that season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2008 04:32:06 pm
      Forest want him permanently.  I can't see him coming back next season.

I hope I'm wrong.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2008 04:15:25 pm
      ANDERSON SET FOR FOREST LOAN
      Jimmy Rice 01 July 2008 from lfc.tv

Winger Paul Anderson will spend the 2008-09 season on loan at Championship side Nottingham Forest.
      The pacy wideman has also signed a new contract to keep him at Liverpool until 2011.

But he have a long contract to stay with us after the loan.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: Jul 01, 2008 05:52:28 pm

Liverpool youngster pens new deal

Liverpool winger Paul Anderson has signed a new three-year contract.

The 19-year-old, who was signed from Hull in 2006, has yet to make a first-team appearance and spent last season on loan at Swansea.

Liverpool have agreed to loan Anderson to Nottingham Forest for next season after he snubbed a return to Wales.

Swansea, who were promoted to the Championship along with Forest last term, were keen for Anderson to spend another year on loan with them.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 02, 2008 12:37:06 am
      Anderson is fantastic winger and this experience will do him wonders. i just hope that Rafa gives him prem experience next season and he will shine ime sure.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #19: Jul 02, 2008 01:46:21 am
      Never  mind ,disappointed That Anderson wont be at swansea next season , but after all its his choice, good player, Rafa should give him a chance?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #20: Jul 02, 2008 04:36:19 am
      I think him signing a new deal is a good sign. Things looked a little bleak for him before as it seemed he may go on loan then just be sold but him signing a new deal must have some promise behind it, he must have some kind of future at the club, hopefully he can imprve even more on this loan and give rafa no option but to bring him back after the loan is finished. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Jul 02, 2008 05:47:39 am
      He snubbed Swansea because his Pa lives in Nottingham and was keen to go.

19 only? I thought he was 20/21.

Hope this loan is a good one for him and can push for the first team here. Naturally gifted young lad, he can make the cut if given the shot.

Quick Reply