Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Ronaldinho/Eto'o

Read 6109 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,336 posts | 2861 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Ronaldinho/Eto'o
      Jun 30, 2008 01:13:51 pm
      I received an e-mail from a work mate today saying hed read an article stating that we had made or will make a £33 million double swoop on Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o!! He said he read it in a scottish newspaper called the scotsman. I f theres any Scots on here can you confirm that there is a link inthis paper please

I know both have been told they can leave and we have been linked to Eto'o before but the story does seem a bit off the wall
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Ronaldinho/Eto'o
      Reply #1: Jun 30, 2008 01:16:56 pm
      Sounds more like he is having you on mate
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jun 30, 2008 01:17:32 pm
      I received an e-mail from a work mate today saying hed read an article stating that we had made or will make a £33 million double swoop on Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o!! He said he read it in a scottish newspaper called the scotsman. I f theres any Scots on here can you confirm that there is a link inthis paper please

I know both have been told they can leave and we have been linked to Eto'o before but the story does seem a bit off the wall

:o Doubt it very highly.

Ronny isnt a Rafa kind of player. Eto'o maybe, small chance but in all honesty, dont think so. Would be a great piece of business though.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #3: Jun 30, 2008 02:43:18 pm
      unlikely. Would prefer the two spanish davids in all honesty.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2008 04:39:52 pm
      Just to confirm I heard the exact same story!! Don't think it will happen but this story is out there. (Along with 000's more)
      theinsider
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2008 10:53:32 pm
       :laugh: football-rumours.com strikes again. I think I should make one up again like the one I did about Joaquin + 3 players a couple of seasons ago. I got that in the paper as this person has. The power of football-rumours is incredible!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jul 02, 2008 09:13:46 am
      unlikely. Would prefer the two spanish davids in all honesty.

Definitley! ;)

All a load of tosh if I do say so! ;) There's no chance of either :D Definitley not both! ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jul 02, 2008 01:02:35 pm
      Ronaldinho is now apprantly going to the chavs
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #8: Jul 03, 2008 10:42:48 am
      I've heard this as well. I can't remember where, although I think it was on "Liverpool Kop" on facebook.
      But more likely Chelsea will score the pair of them.
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 03, 2008 11:46:32 am
      I hope chavski get them both.  Ronaldihno is one lazy b***ard and Eto'o sulks and whinges all the time.  Add that to the fact that Drogba and Eto'o hate each other so Drogba will probably go elsewhere (as well as fat frank) and the chavs could well end up replacing their better players with ones who aren't as good.  If Abramovich wants to spend his dosh on that sort of player, it can only be good for everyone else.  Ronaldinho, Eto'o and even Deco are not the type of players that we want IMO.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #10: Jul 03, 2008 12:58:05 pm
      Eto'o and Ronaldinho have definitely gone off the boil in the last year or so.

When I was in Portugal and Madeira,  in the past 3 or 4 years,  Ronaldinho was THE main man.  He was on every other tv advert.  He was Beckhamesque in latin american media.

And now?  Wow, what a fall from grace.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #11: Jul 03, 2008 01:11:22 pm
      Ronaldinho is very very fat, And Eto'o is problematic
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #12: Jul 03, 2008 01:19:34 pm
      too much money too young, and too many discos, i wonder?
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2008 03:31:08 pm
      These 2 players would be great here at liverpool and we could probably swoop both of them for 40mill.Rafa would make his money back just on shirt sales alone.I would definately buy a shirt with Ronaldinho or eto'o on the back would you?
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #14: Jul 07, 2008 07:00:51 pm
      This is Ronaldinho

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Jul 07, 2008 07:11:52 pm
      Do i spy a beer belly
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Jul 08, 2008 12:06:26 am
      Ronaldinho has really let himself go, he is gettting as fat as Ronaldo
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #17: Jul 08, 2008 12:14:43 am
      Personaly i would say no.
      dannyboylfc
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • I Just Can't Get Enough!!!!
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2008 09:23:24 am
      Liverpool To Enter Eto'o Frame
      Samuel Eto'o could make a surprise move to Liverpool if the Premier League club fail in their bid to prise Robbie Keane away from Tottenham Hotspur.
      »Comments (1) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    The Cameroonian striker is being offered to Europe's major clubs and many have already previously made contact to ask about his annual salary and transfer fee.

While all those enquiries have failed to lead to a single concrete offer, Barça are determined to sell Eto'o this summer and may lower their demands in the coming weeks.

That would allow Liverpool to make their move and Rafa Benítez believes that the powerful 27-year-old could form an incredible partnership alongside Fernando Torres.

Finances at Anfield may be tight, but following the sale of Peter Crouch to Portsmouth, there maybe some room for negotiation with the Catalan giants.

Manager Rafa Benítez is said to want Keane, but Tottenham will not let their captain go cheaply and his asking price could even rise above the amount Barça are requesting for their striker.

Eto'o has flown back to Barcelona after a promotional trip to Uzbekistan and is due to return to pre-season training with the Blaugrana on Saturday.

Talks are set to be held between the player, his agent, José María Mesalles, and Barcelona and they are predicted to not be easy as the striker has done nothing himself to push for an exit.

Liverpool would be a destination that could attract Eto'o, however, and the promise of Champions League football is the key thing in his list of priorities of any would-be suitor.

Pep Guardiola has stated that if no deal can be done and the goalscorer remains then he will have no problems incorporating him into his squad for the new season.

Barcelona's board have said on various occasions that they want to off-load the forward, who joined the club four years ago from Real Mallorca, and buy a replacement.

Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 18, 2008 10:01:58 am
      Eto'o to Liverpool,I hope so.It still beats my why we didnt target Ronaldinho and Eto'o at once.2 great players going for a reasonable price and wanting to leave a club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jul 18, 2008 10:06:32 am
      Eto'o to Liverpool,I hope so.It still beats my why we didnt target Ronaldinho and Eto'o at once.2 great players going for a reasonable price and wanting to leave a club.

You wanted Ronny? Overweight, under performing and wants too much.

Eto'o, i have my doubts over though.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2008 01:19:14 pm
      Still a good player though.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2008 01:28:06 pm
      Still dont want another striker, why do we always find a good formation that works for our team then destroy it, it makes no sense and just holds us back from the title. We get good partnerships going for our players then break them up.

If we get our targets, the stevie & torres partnership will not continue next season and torres wont get as many goals with a strike partner, how do people not realise the euros wasnt a one off he is a better lone striker with a am behind him (gerrard). It happened at athletico when they tried to pair him with aguero, its happened at the euros with villa and it will happen again. Why are we making these choices and putting a positive spin on something negative.

Quick Reply