Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Behave Carragher!

Read 2293 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Behave Carragher!
      Jul 05, 2008 12:32:40 pm
      Come off it lad. Don't start 'underplaying' our title credentials. 

Positive. Mental. Attitude.

"People always talk about us pushing for the league, but to be honest it isn't very often that we've even challenged," he said.

"If we were challenging with 10 or 15 games to go then who knows?

"But just a challenge this season would be nice, to still be in the hunt.

"I think it's only happened once since I've been in the team, when I played a few games under Roy Evans.

"We probably should have won the league but let it slip towards the end.

"But since then we've never even challenged so that's something we're all looking for.

"I'd take a title medal over anything else at the moment because that would make my full set, but I just want to be competitive in the league."
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Behave Carragher!
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2008 12:36:55 pm
      He s just trying to take the pressure off,thats all i am sure he and the lads are very positive,hes just dampening down media and fan aspirations.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2008 12:37:45 pm
      He's playing mind games.....

We all know we're going to win the league with some of the signings we've added this summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2008 01:57:50 pm
      Redkenny, I hope your right mate.

All the same, I hope Stevie, Fernando and the rest of the lads don't feel the same as JC, if in fact he actually feels that way.  ???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2008 03:34:49 pm
      He's wasting his time going for the 'dampening down expectations'.

It's pretty simple - we're on 18, United are on 17.

He should be hoping he's more than 'in with a chance' with 15 games to go.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2008 05:49:27 pm
      Axe him. Dont need that attitude in our camp ;) (This is where you use the smiley the dude abides!)

I'm sure all of the boys feel this way, its just come off abit unexpected through the media for Jamie.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2008 09:23:06 pm
      hes just being honest even if it does hurt.we've come close to winning it once in 20 years.i haven't seen anything this pre season to make me think we are suddenly going to push for the title this coming season.don't get me wrong this may sound negative but maybe I'm a just a realist.one left back a free transfer for right back & the sale of Alonso to get Barry.oh and maybe James milliner!Jamie is just not a bullshitter!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2008 09:26:56 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Whens the season start again LMAO
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2008 12:45:48 am
      I can understand exactly where he is coming from but we have seen this too often now.  At the beginning of the season senior players trying to be diplomatic lets just be a lot more positive this time round.  Something different leave the politics to Benitez all the players should be full of confidence.  If you don't want to talk about winning this early its totally understandable, but please don't talk about not winning the title is enough.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #9: Jul 06, 2008 01:27:27 am
      Good call Kenny we should leave it at that.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #10: Jul 06, 2008 07:57:10 pm
      You got to remember that Carragher was asked a question (put on the spot) about our title chances. He did not go out searching the press to give his views. Anyway what he has said will not have any impact on the squad in the forthcoming season. He was just being honest and diplomatic, I mean it is true that we have hardly ever held a sustained challenge for the title throughout the whole season. He outlines the importance of beating the "big four" teams and if we do that next season then we will be well on our way to the title.

you cannot doubt the desire for Liverpool to win next season...  I mean look at Gerrard, basically every week since the end of the season  he has been talking about the his desire to win the title to extreme lengths.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 06, 2008 09:25:51 pm
      It's just Jaime playing the old pro role in my opinion. He's trying to take a bit of pressure off the younger players in the squad so they just go out and play their natural game early on in the season ,because thats where we've lost the league in the last couple of seasons with silly draws and defeats against teams we should be beating easily.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #12: Jul 06, 2008 10:28:34 pm
      hes just being honest even if it does hurt.we've come close to winning it once in 20 years.I haven't seen anything this pre season to make me think we are suddenly going to push for the title this coming season.don't get me wrong this may sound negative but maybe I'm a just a realist.one left back a free transfer for right back & the sale of Alonso to get Barry.oh and maybe James milliner!Jamie is just not a bullshitter!

Amen!
      disneypunk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 06, 2008 10:32:44 pm
      Love the guy but not sure what effect he was after.  Can you imagine his face if koppites said, well we'll see how you do and if you're still in there with 15 to go we'll back you.  God, feel all depressed now.  Its not as if we were buzzing with new signings or anything.  God Jamie, ya head-the-ball.  Deflecting pressure is okay but a bit of positive thinking isnt gonna hurt us!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #14: Jul 06, 2008 11:17:15 pm
      Come on lads , Jamie only wants the best for this club as so do we all , so why do we have ago at him over a stupid  remark made to a media prat. We all know Jamie is SCOUSE through and through lets leave it at that, so court should lock this now.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 11, 2008 10:26:36 am
      His just telling the truth.I think there are alot of players that are getting annoyed.if we dont do something i think we will lose some top players eg.Carra,Stevie G etc.WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING THIS SEASON.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #16: Jul 11, 2008 10:49:34 am
      We need No. 19 badly!!!!!!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17: Jul 11, 2008 10:56:16 am
      My mum would say "wash your mouth out with soap young man" :D

I think Carra is not getting the hopes up to maybe releive a bit of pressure so i cant blame him
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #18: Jul 11, 2008 12:33:05 pm
      No problem with Carra sayin it, because he's one player who you know will give his all every match tryin to make sure that we do win the league.

Liverpool Football Club Premiership Champions 2008/09. No worries.

Quick Reply