Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Harry Kewell (Spurs)

Read 5306 times
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #23: Oct 14, 2006 06:29:57 pm
      hes a fanstastic player when he is fit but lets be honest he isnt often fit, hes australia's best ever player in my opinon
      scousysmurf
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2006 07:45:42 pm
      I hope Kewell does leave I think he's rubbish and I just don't like him :?
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2006 09:01:14 pm
      only good thiong about kewell is he was a 10m+ player when we got him and luck has it we only wasted 5m on him still 5 m + wages signing on fee still he was class against chelsea last year repayed a bit of that! wont be sorry to see him go if he does
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #26: Oct 16, 2006 07:56:19 am
      I thimk his time has come  has had some good games for us

but too ihjury prone never shown true potential
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #27: Oct 20, 2006 06:38:33 pm
      Where is the fat b***ard these days?
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #28: Oct 23, 2006 07:38:15 pm
      dont be sayin that hes still a liverpool player
      Xabi Gerrard
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2006 01:44:23 pm
      if we do sell him he will turn out great for spurs, like lots of other players we sold: Anelka, Friedel, heskey  etc ;)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #30: Oct 26, 2006 07:47:20 pm
      Guess he's not going anywhere in January.

Out till March with his injury.

The big Jesse.
      ian1967
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #31: Oct 26, 2006 08:22:09 pm
      I think he's been unlucky with injuries. the only time he has been fully fit for us was through the middle of the season last year, and the first 4 months he signed, and during both those periods he did well. when he had that sh*te season, he was playing with a hernia!

judging on his form last season, i think we're missing him. love him or hate him, he's capable of a bit of magic. And i'd rather see him on our teamsheet than someone else's
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #32: Oct 26, 2006 10:46:08 pm
      Quote from: "Ian1967"
      judging on his form last season, i think we're missing him. love him or hate him, he's capable of a bit of magic. And i'd rather see him on our teamsheet than someone else's

I'd rather see Speedy and Pennents names on the team sheet, they're proper wingers. Kewell is a joke.
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Re: Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #33: Nov 14, 2006 11:04:17 pm
      Quote from: Ian1967

I'd rather see Speedy and Pennents names on the team sheet, they're proper wingers. Kewell is a joke.

Kewell a joke? bet your were sayin that after he destroyed Chelsea at O.T
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 18, 2006 02:53:00 pm
      Quote from: Ian1967

iam sorry mate kewell isnt a joke and in my opinion kewell is better than pennant
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Dec 30, 2006 01:19:30 pm
      He's not a joke, he's just unlucky with injuries.
      And he is back when?? March?
      Jesus Christ.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #36: Jan 02, 2007 01:40:09 pm
      I hope he dosent leave and he is way better zenden and maybe even gonzalez
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #37: Jan 04, 2007 02:48:10 am
      Kewell is still quite young. If his injuries stay away, he will make a difference to us when he gets back to full fittness. No confidence in Zenden at all.
      pjlfc25
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 12, 2007 11:18:53 am
      i think harry should stay this season then see how he gets on just because he hasnt been fit for nearly all the season no nedd to think abount sellin him hes a grat winger keep harry
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Jul 12, 2007 12:09:06 pm
      if he wasnt so injury prone, he would be a fantatic winger for us, just hopin he stays away from injurys this season. 
      chancey336
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #40: Jul 12, 2007 12:58:49 pm
      Kewell is a world class player and we have greatly missed his presence, heres a player that has been premier league young player of the year, this guy can play and if he can just stay away from injuries he will show he is more then capapble of leading a liverpool charge for the title
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 03, 2007 09:54:50 am
      I agree with the above comment. Kewell is an outstanding talent and if he can stay injury free then it really is like signing a new player for us.  Weve built a good squad of players now without really considering him in our plans so its not as if he's stopped rafa buying alternatives so to have kewell back is a bonus.  Attack minded, great close control, fair pace and can score from 30 yards on occasions, why sell him?!?  He seems to be showing promising signs of having beaten his injury nightmare so lets reserve judgement and see what he does this season. 

Another thing I like about him is he loves LFC and thats a bonus in these days of money hungry foreigners who love whoever there agent tells them to love!
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 13, 2007 12:15:04 am
      liverpool wont sell him
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #43: Aug 28, 2007 12:27:54 pm
      Chriss Coleman wants Kewell for £2m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/08/28/kewell-s-real-deal-for-chris-89520-19697324/

CHRIS COLEMAN is considering making a £2million offer to take Harry Kewell from Liverpool to Real Sociedad.
      Boss Coleman has a brief to restore the image of his Spanish club and believes he can do so with the likes of Kewell, 28.
      The injury-hit Aussie left-winger has made 124 appearances and scored 16 goals since his arrival from Leeds in 2003.
      But Kewell is well aware that his Anfield future is far from certain with just 12 months left on his four-year contract.

Should we sell him for £2m with only 12 months left on his contract and keeps getting injured seems like a good deal, I know when he's fit he can play well but that is few and far between now, so I feel it would be a good deal and then the No 7 shirt could go to some one fit and who can score goals.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Aug 28, 2007 12:35:56 pm
      Hmm, tempting, but I'd have to say no.

On paper £2m for a player in the last year of his contract & with Kewell's injury record looks like great business, but we have to ask how desperately we need the £2m, and if Harry can regain his form would it be worth more than that? The answers for me are we're not desperate for the money & his contribution should be worth more than £2m if he can stay fit, so I'd keep him personally.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2007 01:06:13 pm
      I know what your saying but will he regain his form, he's not played your a long time and again he's injured after only a few games and they were only friendlies. I'd like him to stay, and I think he has the talent but not the the ability to stay injury free. I'll guess we will know by the weekend whether Rafa has plans for him or not.

Quick Reply