Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

What makes LFC SO special

Read 2135 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      What makes LFC SO special
      Jul 11, 2008 12:05:32 am
      I have some theories

thinking back to when I was ten in 77 I remember the first ecfinal and particularly in the later years the matches against nottingham forest
      fairclough comes to mind for some reason. I was only young but I realised I was on to something very very special
      so  reason 1 is

1.     We never give up....ever ever ever...........ie istanbul, and fa cup 06

the fans, well I could go on all night, surfice to say, I have many many happy memories of the mid to late eighties when I used to be a proper supporter, we went to wembly nearly every year, me and my mates frequently hitch hiked because we were screwed by maggie and we had no money for the coach or train, stories are we got in a couple of times , once with a fake ticket and another time last 20 mins against everton...saw most of the goals........
      Scousers took over london on them occasions, we were the pride of the country, we won everything, our fans wernt like man u fans (all corporate hangers on to a trendy sport), we were real supporters who had something to give pride to our city, we had our only hope LIVERPOOL

2. the fans

the volume, we simply invented singing at the matches, before liverpool there was nothing, the kop copied the beatles, the beatles changed music, the kop simply changed football, we were the originals, we started it all, the instigators, from the kop everybody koppied, and so atmosphere was created, and so football come to life, simply without the supporters football might as well be crown green bowling. so the kop is simply the LOUDEST component of any supporters group in history..... I particularly remember the IAN RUSH chant....I am showing my age now..... but I do think the stakes have been hightened since the 80s and to me the whole stadium now rocks to the tune of the kop in the 80s only the kop used to sing.....so I do think it is better now...... does anybody remember Jaffa, the black lad witht he red hair, the kop took him to heart in in 84 they threw him from the top to the bottom of the kop in celebration of winning the treble

3. the volume

the city, Liverpool city is unique, I recently heared that we most resemble jamaicia , as they are poor but they have massive local pride in who they are and what they are.
      I cant quite put my finger on it, and enfield and the rest of the country have some jelousy about us so mock us, but we DO have something else that they havent, and it comes from suffering, we suffered together aginst the tories nad maggie in teh eighties, we still have 11 of the top 20 deprived areas in the country, but from poverty comes dignity and originality, after all if more people are unemployed, more people are creative and so more interesting and inventive. alexie sale summed it up with his program

4.    that song.....it oozes emotion and almost a war cry to the players.....we will support them forever ...through thick and thin, no matter what...........they are our army to the battle and we are singing them off, we are serenading them to victory, its just so full of passion, so stiring, and so right.................. it is Liverpool

5.    I would like your feedback................ ..what does liverpool have that is GREAT..... why are we so great.......... and we really are.....we have just something else on the rest

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2008 12:20:02 am by robbyr »
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: What makes LFC SO special
      Reply #1: Jul 11, 2008 08:43:03 am
      Good effort. Liverpool FC has the best record in the Premiership & the Champions League. Good Record.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 11, 2008 09:15:30 am
      Defiantly the fans,im from South Africa so i have never been to Anfield but it gives me goose bumps whenever i watch Liverpool playing on tv.The way the fans sing and never give up on their team is unbelievable.

Carry on guys
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: Jul 11, 2008 09:23:00 am
      I'm also from RSA started supporting Liverpool from the age of about 7 my brother in law was from Liverpool and he instilled in me what a great club it is and all the traditions, and Ive supported since then, through the good and the bad, the never give up attitude is what keeps us supporting our team no matter what.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Jul 11, 2008 09:25:32 am
      i think its every thing about the club the history we have had, the great moments, the fans, the support that's what makes LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB the greatest team to support.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Jul 11, 2008 01:22:58 pm
      It certainly special no doubt about it but I dont think its any 1 thing that makes it so special more a combination of things. Liverpool Football Club is just that, a club. We all feel part of it. We arent just people who pay through the turnstile to see the game we ourselves are members of Liverpool Football club part of the Liverpool family. What other club as such a rapport between fans and managers or fans and players? I dont know any other side who chant and sing there managers name like we do in fact very few other clubs even chant and sing about there players like we do. Players themselves talk about when they lose they feel for us as much as for themselves. There is definitely a oneness or a togetherness about this club that sets it apart I mean look at the response ex players get hen they come back to face us unreal everywhere else would boo and abuse ex players.

Look at how we will never let the 96 be forgotten never

Yeah we are special very special through good times and bad times we are all together and we always will be which is why fans need to be educated about the club so we dont ever lose what is special about us   

Y.N.W.A
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #6: Jul 11, 2008 01:45:35 pm
      My thoughts echo Brian's.

The biggest thing for me that makes us so special is our togetherness. The fans have never and will never turn their backs on the club. Even with all this bollocks concerning the yanks, we're still there supporting the side, not like United fans who fu**ed off and went and formed their own team. We realise that this club belongs to the fans and we'll be a here a lot longer than those two. It's things like this which make us special. Whenever things have got hard for this club, the fans have spurred them on because we're always there together. The players, managers and in general the board members have always understood this, which is why there's a good relationship between staff and fans. We are a family, together.

There's also the tradgedies that this club has had to deal with, but the fans pulled together and helped each other. We were there for one another and will be there for each other in the future. We don't only show our support when things are goin well like most clubs, but we show our real support when times are bad. It's this togetherness that makes the club head and shoulders above any other club.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Jul 11, 2008 03:17:32 pm
      It certainly special no doubt about it but I dont think its any 1 thing that makes it so special more a combination of things. Liverpool Football Club is just that, a club. We all feel part of it. We arent just people who pay through the turnstile to see the game we ourselves are members of Liverpool Football club part of the Liverpool family. What other club as such a rapport between fans and managers or fans and players? I dont know any other side who chant and sing there managers name like we do in fact very few other clubs even chant and sing about there players like we do. Players themselves talk about when they lose they feel for us as much as for themselves. There is definitely a oneness or a togetherness about this club that sets it apart I mean look at the response ex players get hen they come back to face us unreal everywhere else would boo and abuse ex players.

Yeah we are special very special through good times and bad times we are all together and we always will be which is why fans need to be educated about the club so we dont ever lose what is special about us   

Y.N.W.A

My thoughts echo Brian's.

The biggest thing for me that makes us so special is our togetherness. The fans have never and will never turn their backs on the club. Even with all this bollocks concerning the yanks, we're still there supporting the side, not like United fans who fu**ed off and went and formed their own team. We realise that this club belongs to the fans and we'll be a here a lot longer than those two. It's things like this which make us special. Whenever things have got hard for this club, the fans have spurred them on because we're always there together. The players, managers and in general the board members have always understood this, which is why there's a good relationship between staff and fans. We are a family, together.

There's also the tradgedies that this club has had to deal with, but the fans pulled together and helped each other. We were there for one another and will be there for each other in the future. We don't only show our support when things are goin well like most clubs, but we show our real support when times are bad. It's this togetherness that makes the club head and shoulders above any other club.

Excellent posts, echos my thoughts exactly!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jul 11, 2008 03:24:45 pm
      No other club like it. Simple as that.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #9: Jul 12, 2008 08:09:15 pm

Y.N.W.A

great points agree with all of them
      we Rock.... all the others follow or try
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #10: Jul 12, 2008 10:22:54 pm
      For mine,it's as shanks said, the unique relationship between the fans,manager and players, and he should know as he will always be our greatest manager.With all our successes under himself Paisley et al, we have never become arrogant, we remain true to our roots, and I believe that this inspires the players who come to the club.As fans we always stand together against anyone who tries to undermine players/manager/fans ( take note Yanks), we take sh*t off no-one.It has been my privelage to support this club for over 40 years and I am just as enthusiastic now as I was back in the 60's, what is special about LFC is that it makes me feel special being a supporter. YNWA. 
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Jul 12, 2008 10:32:39 pm
      The Kop End no other ground as the fans we do when in full voice singing our song,others fans must envy that.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2008 10:41:04 pm
      Defiantly the fans,im from South Africa so I have never been to Anfield but it gives me goose bumps whenever I watch Liverpool playing on tv.The way the fans sing and never give up on their team is unbelievable.

Carry on guys

Spot on mate

I also love how we never give up and always keep on fighting.

YWNA
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2008 11:49:24 pm
      If you are at a game or watching it on telly, at home or in the pub and you are wearing the colours you feel part of something so special and so dear. I LOVE everything about Liverpool FC. The passion that is shown by the fans and the passion from the players. Its just amazing to be part of it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Jul 13, 2008 02:14:09 am
      There one of a kind
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Jul 13, 2008 12:26:05 pm
      This is what makes LFC so special to me;

Humble,we always have great respect for players,manager and the coaching staff,oppents and refs.Even when we make mistakes we've the courage to admit it.

Togetherness,we stick together no matter what,the fact we went through bad times ( Heysel + Hillsbourogh) that made us stronger as a football family.Then the sense of community/respect that we have for others,even on this forum we can enjoy a bit of banter with each other, --Remember when we played Z cars when the everton lad got killed.

Passion,shown by the players in the way they play and how they never give up,shown by the fans in the way the sing,cheer,roar endlessly in support for our club.

Knowledge,when we get slagged off in the media and it's complete rubbish,we just laugh it off because off the trust we have in our club.We know and admit when we get played off the park.

Finally,Liverpool is for life,it's just who I am,no matter what life throws at you,LFC is always there like a special connection ,unconditional love.

YNWA

robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2008 09:44:55 am
      what about a unique respect for the oppositions goalkeeper always shown by the kop. no matter who they get a clap

and

a player who used to play for us always gets a cheer and NOT a boo, which ALL other teams seem to do
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2008 10:07:05 am
      The thing about LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB iis its like a magnet,it gets hold of you at a very young age and once it has got you do not want it to let go of you.even when we were in the 2nd division we still got great support and there would not be many clubs that could equal that.I will be ever greatful to my dad for taking me to Anfield for the first time about 60 years ago,and I have never ever lost my love for the club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2008 03:59:07 pm
      The answer of this question for every liverpool fan should be "me" and everyone would be correct, its the fans that drive the club, the support for players and managers is the finest in the world, so what makes liverpool so special... me ovcourse :D

Quick Reply