Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

Lessons learnt from watching Liverpool

Read 3472 times
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Re: Lessons learnt from watching Liverpool
      Reply #23: Jul 18, 2008 11:32:01 pm
      Having watched my first Cup Final in '87 when the Arse beat us in the League Cup Final 2-1 (thanks to 'Champagne Charlie') I have watched many great matches and grew up on success.
      Through the dark 90's fulled with mediocre players in average teams, when we were a laughing stock in comparison to the glory days, it only strengthened my resolve about how much I love this club and how it hurts when it doesn't go well.
      I remember when I cried and was inconsolable at the last kick of the 88-89  season and even when the poor relations  across the way brought an end to our unbeaten run record in the old First Division the year before.

I WOULDN'T HAVE SWOPPED IT FOR ANYTHING   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #24: Jul 19, 2008 01:17:50 am
      Having watched my first Cup Final in '87 when the Arse beat us in the League Cup Final 2-1 (thanks to 'Champagne Charlie') I have watched many great matches and grew up on success.
      Through the dark 90's fulled with mediocre players in average teams, when we were a laughing stock in comparison to the glory days, it only strengthened my resolve about how much I love this club and how it hurts when it doesn't go well.
      I remember when I cried and was inconsolable at the last kick of the 88-89  season and even when the poor relations  across the way brought an end to our unbeaten run record in the old First Division the year before.

I WOULDN'T HAVE SWOPPED IT FOR ANYTHING   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Good point i go back a lot further than that ,the good news is that that you suport liverpool fc  the best loved club side in the world.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Jul 19, 2008 07:29:43 am
      The biggest lesson for me is to Expect the Unexpected
      Sinno-91
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 22, 2008 02:13:40 pm
      You very rarely get what you deserve.