Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Valerenga v Liverpool 5/8/08

Read 16669 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Valerenga v Liverpool 5/8/08
      Reply #138: Aug 05, 2008 07:54:04 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Aug 05, 2008 07:55:13 pm
      Funny you should mention that name actually :D

if only i  read this thread  a few mins earlier :D

full time and a good win, good goals!

pass of the game: alonso to kuyt in the build up to nando goal

rangers lost, never mind they still have uefa cup..................... ...............wait no they dont :lmao:
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #140: Aug 05, 2008 07:58:03 pm
      Game Over 4-1

very good performances all over the field. Lets hope Stevies injury isnt a serious one. We need him for the start of the season.

All very good goals and im loving our build up play, alot more one touch football now and some neat interchanging playing from the attacking players. Good work from the fullbacks aswell, Dossena looks impressive. Lets hope Degen is back soon so we can see more of what he can do.

Happy for Xabi we simply cannot let him go, pulled the strings while he was on today and he showed just how great a player he is. Can step upto the plate if stevie is out injured too. Cant wait for the Lazio game now haha.
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson

• 226 posts |
      Reply #141: Aug 05, 2008 08:00:40 pm
      Fantastic day all round - 1-4 win for us, and Rangers loose to a team from Lithuaniania.

I especially thought that the youngsters showed huge signs of encouragement in the second half -- oh, and Hyypia wasn't bad either
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #142: Aug 05, 2008 08:03:57 pm
      Great result, goals startin to flow. Still unbeaten in pre season. N'Gog lookin a real prospect, Alonso scorin back to back goals, Benayoun with another and Torres is just expected to score which he is doin again.

Disappointed to see Stevie limp out again, hopefully we'll just rest him until the Liege game, if he's fit enough for it. Don't risk him against Lazio.
      LFC 4 LYF
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts | -1 
      Reply #143: Aug 05, 2008 08:21:30 pm
      has anyone got highlights of the game or goals? i only saw the game upto alonso's goal and then my internet stopped for some reason but is up and running now!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #144: Aug 05, 2008 08:59:53 pm
      I thought this was a different test from the other games, this Norway side really played fast pace and physical for a lot of the match (something I would of expected from Rangers). I think the players have really passed the test tonight and hope we can end it off on a high note at Anfield.

I thought again there were a lot of good performances from the attacking players like Torres, Keane, Kuyt, Alonso, Yossi and the back-line looked good. Young players coming in really hit the ground running in the game and made Valargen look poor at times.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #145: Aug 05, 2008 09:30:53 pm
      has anyone got highlights of the game or goals? i only saw the game upto alonso's goal and then my internet stopped for some reason but is up and running now!!

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/match-reports/friendly-match-reports/2008/valerenga-1-4-liverpool-report-and-goals/
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #146: Aug 05, 2008 09:55:35 pm
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #147: Aug 05, 2008 10:08:20 pm
      All very good goals!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #148: Aug 05, 2008 10:40:47 pm
      I really enjoyed that match. I thought the support from our Norwegian reds was quality!! When we scored it looked like some of them were confused! Because obviously there was a good few Valerenga fans who support Liverpool there.

As for the football though, I agree with adammac about the pace and physical aspects of the game tonight. It was a bit of a step up in fitness terms and I think we began the game not expecting a bit of a game with these lads. But after ten minutes or so we clicked into gear.

Overall, our quality was too obvious as the game progressed. And each goal was very good.

I was very impressed with Alonsos contribution in the first half and his goal was a gem. If he's being sold this summer, I really hope it's not to one of our toughest rivals - let alone any team in the Prem. He's a quality player and he can provide danger outside the box as shown again tonight when he comes up on the attack.

Impressed again by how we can make a lot of changes bringing some of the young lads into the team and our passing doesn't decrease in quality. The blooding in process is looking good for them. It's the chances they get this coming season that makes me wonder....

The only downside really was Gerrard but hopefully it's nothing too serious. We have to make sure when he comes back he's fully fit, because if it's the same problem he had the other week, then give him more time out to get it right. We can easily get a result away to Standard Liege without him.

Bring on Lazio and some more pleasing football to watch at Anfield! Can not wait!
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #149: Aug 06, 2008 03:37:18 am
      Is it just me or are we really starting to play some sexy as hell one touch keep ball?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #150: Aug 06, 2008 07:29:37 am
      Sad to hear about Stevie but blimey what a show!

Alonso, what a striker lad. Torres, shades of his first goal for the club V Chelsea. Ngog, by Georg i hope he keeps this rate up, he's looking brilliant! He and Pacheco linked up superbly for the goal and of course Benny, no surprise he scores again. He aint going no where!!!!

From what i saw, we played some absolutely brillaint footy but we did get outplayed for their goal.

So happy we're looking like a more flamboyant and attacking team who can really hurt others. Keep it up lads!

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #151: Aug 06, 2008 07:46:30 am
      Is it just me or are we really starting to play some sexy as hell one touch keep ball?

Hell yeah.  That's the kind of positivity we need with the start of the season just around the corner.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #152: Aug 06, 2008 08:56:21 am
      Hell yeah.  That's the kind of positivity we need with the start of the season just around the corner.

Makes a refreshing change doesn't it JD!?

Savour it. We'll lose a match and Rafa will be going again! :D
      Syedas12
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #153: Aug 06, 2008 09:07:47 am
      Liverpool are the best in the world.Torres is the new hero....
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #154: Aug 06, 2008 09:17:44 am

New?
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #155: Aug 06, 2008 09:22:00 am
      N'Gog is looking a good player. Sad news about Gerrard, let's hope it's nothing serious and recovers well and quickly.

Also glad we've got all the goalless draws behind us and we are killing teams off.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #156: Aug 06, 2008 12:02:14 pm
      N'Gog is looking a good player. Sad news about Gerrard, let's hope it's nothing serious and recovers well and quickly.

Also glad we've got all the goalless draws behind us and we are killing teams off.

Shades of Voronin last summer anyone? I hope not, and that he can keep up this good form into the start of the season. To have scored a couple of goals for his new club, even if it is just in friendlies, should boost his confidence! He does look very threatening from inside and outside the box, and has a super left foot, maybe he'll get a few screamers like Riise used to! :D

Very very happy with the performance, as has been said not just for the goals, but for the passing game too. Pre-season seems to have served it purpose to perfection: increasing fitness, confidence and bonding between "old" players and new! Roll on the start of the season!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #157: Aug 06, 2008 12:37:43 pm
      And some were worried prior to monday...::)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #158: Aug 06, 2008 12:47:37 pm
      Shades of Voronin last summer anyone? I hope not, and that he can keep up this good form into the start of the season. To have scored a couple of goals for his new club, even if it is just in friendlies, should boost his confidence! He does look very threatening from inside and outside the box, and has a super left foot, maybe he'll get a few screamers like Riise used to! :D

Unlike Voronin though, who scored a couple of screamers but didn't do a lot else, he seems to have very good movement. I think the kid'll do alright.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #159: Aug 06, 2008 12:53:20 pm
      You notice that Rafa played all his strikers, apart from Voronin...... watch this space! All in all, it was are most exciting pre-season friendly so far. Alonso, like on saturday, was excellent, Ngog and Nemeth looked good when they came on and Keane looks to have settled in well enough. I dont want to get carried away because lets be honest, the teams we have played so far havent been upto much. In saying that, we played a team who are in the middle of their season and so are at the top of their fitness levels. now i look forward to Lazio at Anfield for Keane to get his first Liverpool hat-trik infront of the kop ;D
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #160: Aug 06, 2008 04:36:37 pm

:lmao:

Well, they all have to reach that conclusion some day... ;D

Quick Reply