Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Christian the Lion

Read 3253 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Christian the Lion
      Jul 17, 2008 08:20:46 pm
      A really old story (from the 70's, so not that old in fact!  ::)), but not one that I'd heard or seen until today.

Entirely true, watch the video to be amazed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U
      MsGerrard
      Re: Christian the Lion
      Reply #1: Jul 17, 2008 08:27:17 pm
      Oh Ayrton...........You've made me cry, not that I'm sad, but I love nice happy ending  animal stories  ;D

Being a Leo, I'm a bit of a Lion lover and a softee at heart...........and I love that song too.

Kind of reminds me of Born Free a bit.

Cheers. ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #2: Jul 17, 2008 08:30:31 pm
      Oh Ayrton...........You've made me cry, not that I'm sad, but I love nice happy ending  animal stories  ;D

Being a Leo, I'm a bit of a Lion lover and a softee at heart...........and I love that song too.

Kind of reminds me of Born Free a bit.

Cheers. ;D

Made the wife cry too, though she blames it on "hormones" (bit convenient if you ask me  :P)!  :D I thought it was a joke at first, was waiting for them to get ripped to pieces, especially when then met him a year later in Africa, but it's truly amazing, especially when the female lion who doesn't even know them comes over to say hello! :o

It's a funny old world, innit?  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jul 17, 2008 08:37:40 pm
      Made the wife cry too, though she blames it on "hormones" (bit convenient if you ask me  :P)!  :D I thought it was a joke at first, was waiting for them to get ripped to pieces, especially when then met him a year later in Africa, but it's truly amazing, especially when the female lion who doesn't even know them comes over to say hello! :o

It's a funny old world, innit?  ;D

It sure is, how lovely that must have been for those people though  ;D

Mind you I'd have been a bit wary that they could have turned on them, after all they are 'wild' animals. Just shows you don't it  :)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #4: Jul 17, 2008 08:42:41 pm
      It sure is, how lovely that must have been for those people though  ;D

Mind you I'd have been a bit wary that they could have turned on them, after all they are 'wild' animals. Just shows you don't it  :)

You could see how happy they were, it was incredible, they were so sure of themselves, even when the lion was almost running at them! Glad they were right though!  ;)

As for "wild" animals, I think they're more like us than we think, some are just more intelligent than others!  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2008 08:49:46 pm
      You could see how happy they were, it was incredible, they were so sure of themselves, even when the lion was almost running at them! Glad they were right though!  ;)

As for "wild" animals, I think they're more like us than we think, some are just more intelligent than others!  ;D

Imagine the rush of adrenaline going through them as the Lion approached  :o

Absolutely ! We don't give them enough credit for what there able to do, more intelligent than a lot of people.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jul 17, 2008 09:40:05 pm
      That's boss that. I'm a sucker for cheesy happy endings.

The best thing about animals having a bond with humans, is that it's unconditional love.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2008 09:46:52 pm
      That's boss that. I'm a sucker for cheesy happy endings.

The best thing about animals having a bond with humans, is that it's unconditional love.

Me too Kenny !  :laugh:

Animals love you no matter what you do to them, that's why it hurts so much when people are cruel to them.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2008 10:30:15 pm
      Amazin video.
      Cheers for that Ayrton. :)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #9: Jul 18, 2008 07:17:24 pm
      Amazin video.
      Cheers for that Ayrton. :)

I'll pass on the thanks to my wife as it was her who showed me it the other day! ;)
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #10: Jul 18, 2008 08:49:44 pm
      Awh, that's so cute!
      That's put a smile on my face!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #11: Jul 18, 2008 09:02:23 pm
      OMG that is truly remarkable! I too expected the lion just to rip them to pieces on approach but no that is quite special that.  Such a bond between man and animal, man's best friend probably spends 24 hours with man and has a long history of being such through the ages.  What makes this even more amazing is the fact that with being in the wild that lion and lioness may not have eaten in days and yet they still turn down fresh meat to remember the special bond with man.

Class good story ayrton!

Quick Reply